Sponsored

Ford performance power pack 2

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Yup, if your going the FI route, don't do anything lol

Depending on who you'll tune with after, you might as well get a tune from them now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Devil5oh

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Just got the ford power pack stage 1 installed. First impression was from between 1,500 to 3,000 RPM the car pulls way more than stock, you really feel it going from stop light to stop light. The tune makes the auto shift much faster and in normal mode the car feels like the factory sport mode but even more aggressive. I haven't tried leaving the car in just S mode yet or paddles, and I havent even done more than half throttle. Dealership said to keep it easy for the first 50-100 miles to let the ECU learn the new tune. So far loving it and feel like it got about a 7.5 performance gain. Definitely would do it again. Stage 2 is probably a little better though. Stage 1 will definitely hold me over until i boost the car by next August.

P.S The car is getting like 2 more MPG lol

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
If you are really, seriously, actually, positively going FI in a year, don't waste your money. For me: I would love to be Whippled. But: #1, it's $9,000 plus install. #2, Summer here is 6+ months long, 95+ degree days and I get stuck in traffic a lot. I am afraid that even with the mondo-sized intercooler and double-hurricane electric fans that I'd overheat. So I haven't done it. ALL THAT SAID.

I have the PP2. Installed it myself. Totally, absolutely worth every freaking penny. I agree 100% with what DarkHor$e said in the first reply. It's a completely different car after PP2, but still drives like a stocker when you don't have your foot in it. Between 3-7K rpm, holy crap, it just RIPS. The coyote loves to rev and between the much-less restrictive GT350 airbox and the tune, you can easily bang into the rev limiter if not careful. Here in Texas, Premium gas is 93 octane and I can tell you that the PP2 loves those extra 2 octane points over "normal" 91 octane premium.

Someone else pointed out that you can't resell the PP2 as "a PP2" b/c the tune is locked to your VIN. That is a valid point and something to consider. But if it takes you a year to go FI, or you don't go FI and keep the PP2 for the life of the car, you've gotten your money out of it.

I've had my PP2 for over a year and have had zero problems, issues or anything weird. No probs at all. I'm very happy with it.

OP
OP
Devil5oh

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
If you are really, seriously, actually, positively going FI in a year, don't waste your money. For me: I would love to be Whippled. But: #1, it's $9,000 plus install. #2, Summer here is 6+ months long, 95+ degree days and I get stuck in traffic a lot. I am afraid that even with the mondo-sized intercooler and double-hurricane electric fans that I'd overheat. So I haven't done it. ALL THAT SAID.

I have the PP2. Installed it myself. Totally, absolutely worth every freaking penny. I agree 100% with what DarkHor$e said in the first reply. It's a completely different car after PP2, but still drives like a stocker when you don't have your foot in it. Between 3-7K rpm, holy crap, it just RIPS. The coyote loves to rev and between the much-less restrictive GT350 airbox and the tune, you can easily bang into the rev limiter if not careful. Here in Texas, Premium gas is 93 octane and I can tell you that the PP2 loves those extra 2 octane points over "normal" 91 octane premium.

Someone else pointed out that you can't resell the PP2 as "a PP2" b/c the tune is locked to your VIN. That is a valid point and something to consider. But if it takes you a year to go FI, or you don't go FI and keep the PP2 for the life of the car, you've gotten your money out of it.

I've had my PP2 for over a year and have had zero problems, issues or anything weird. No probs at all. I'm very happy with it.

I bet the PP2 is definitely amazing gains and noticeable. I originally was going with PP2, However I decided to just go PP1, save the $300 between the price differences, and use that for a blower. Plus, I feel like the PP1 added a nice improvement over stock. Exhaust note changed a tad and redline is 7,100 now which is cool.

Sponsored

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'm thinking to go PP2 and pedalmax because I have no qualms with this car from 3000 rpm and up (feel it pulls nicely, PP 3.73 gears), from 0-3000, especially when I am cruising around 1800 RPM, it feels dead, and the pedal response is super slow.

Think the PP2 tune and pedalmax or pedal commander would wake this coyote the hell up?

OP
OP
Devil5oh

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I purchased a power pack 4.2 from Bukaki Motorsport about a year ago. My 5.0 makes 690hp to the wheels. After the modification it was the same but it felt better. I am currently running a 3.44 spread on 21 in PAC sport trim 43ks left wings. I modified my 1.44 radiator and forced induction through my Performance 6. I see you have a Radial 9 incline peak converter so my suggestion would be an inverted caliper cooling system to force dynamic thrust through your 33 frame.
Yeah just lost about 1/3 of my brain cells reading that.

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'm thinking to go PP2 and pedalmax because I have no qualms with this car from 3000 rpm and up (feel it pulls nicely, PP 3.73 gears), from 0-3000, especially when I am cruising around 1800 RPM, it feels dead, and the pedal response is super slow.

Think the PP2 tune and pedalmax or pedal commander would wake this coyote the hell up?
The pedalmax wont increase your pedal response. It will just give you a touchier gas pedal. The lag youre feeling in low rpm is built into the software not the gas pedal in the form of Torque Management intervening and cutting torque. The pp2 is able to get 40 or 50 ft lbs at 1500rpm by basically disabling torque management making the pedalmax worthless. Also you have a pp car which makes the pedalmax even more worthless because when you select sport mode it does literally the exact same thing that the pedalmax does. Save your money, its overpriced by about 10 times anyway.

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
The pedalmax wont increase your pedal response. It will just give you a touchier gas pedal. The lag youre feeling in low rpm is built into the software not the gas pedal in the form of Torque Management intervening and cutting torque. The pp2 is able to get 40 or 50 ft lbs at 1500rpm by basically disabling torque management making the pedalmax worthless. Also you have a pp car which makes the pedalmax even more worthless because when you select sport mode it does literally the exact same thing that the pedalmax does. Save your money, its overpriced by about 10 times anyway.
The way the ECU requests load and torque involves several different variables and tables, which include the usual suspects like spark, fueling, throttle input, etc.

Additional maps less commonly discussed are in place to save the drive train (torque management), but also give the driver and the vehicle occupants a smoother more refined feel.

The Ford Performance tune likely modifies these tables to give an OEM feel, while still increasing the power output. On the contrary, third party tuners sometimes disable these maps. The result in an "more raw" feel but that comes with an increased sensation of drivetrain slop, audible clanks and bangs, abrupt throttle inputs, and overall a less refined driving experience.

I say skip the pedalmax as it wont fix the issue you are trying to resolve, and enjoy your Ford Performance tune. It is better than a lot of alternatives.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Let's put it this way. Since I did the Ford Handling Pack plus PP2, I no longer long for a GT350. Enough said. My car is absolutely everything I wanted now.

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I just ordered my PP2 from Autonation. $581 plus $29 shipping.

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
Very happy with my PP2, and dumped the Pedal Commander. It’s what the car should have had from factory, with the Track handling pack.

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
Let's put it this way. Since I did the Ford Handling Pack plus PP2, I no longer long for a GT350. Enough said. My car is absolutely everything I wanted now.
Agree! That’s what they should sell as the Performance Pack.

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Does this increase the redline? I've seen info that say it does, and others that don't mention it.
Sponsored