OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Try this.

Fuel filter change.jpg

Installation is the reverse of removal. Don't forget to check for leaks.
Is there anyway you or someone can post the procedure from Helm about releasing the fuel pressure?

Also does this mustang have intertia switch inside trunk to stop fuel from flowing OR a fuse that needs to be removed?
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Is there anyway you or someone can post the procedure from Helm about releasing the fuel pressure?

Also does this mustang have intertia switch inside trunk to stop fuel from flowing OR a fuse that needs to be removed?

These are from the 2016 Helm.

The first page is the fuel system overview. The second batch batch is the fuel depressurization procedures, the third batch is rear seat removal because I highly suspected it would be a follow up question.....:sunglasses:
1 (3).png
1 (2).png
2 (2).png
1.png
2.png
3.png

Last edited:

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Kinda surprised thing doesn’t have a lifetime filter like many other vehicles. Cool.
Sometimes "lifetime" actually means "for the life of the factory warranty". :)

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
These are from the 2016 Helm.

The first page is the fuel system overview. The second batch batch is the fuel depressurization procedures, the third batch is rear seat removal because I highly suspected it would be a follow up question.....:sunglasses:
1 (3).png
1 (2).png
2 (2).png
1.png
2.png
3.png
I really appreciate it, you are great:)

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
GT does not have a separate filter. And if it does, I have not found it.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
GT does not have a separate filter. And if it does, I have not found it.

310-00C Fuel System - General Information - 5.0L 32V Ti-VCT/5.0L Ti-VCT V8 (308kW/418PS) 2016 Mustang
Description and Operation
Procedure revision date: 06/27/2014....

From the Fuel System Overview

• Fuel Pump (FP) module containing:
    • The electric FP module which provides pressurized fuel to the high pressure Fuel Pump (FP) .
    • The Fuel Level Sender.
    • A check valve which maintains system pressure after the pump is shut off.
    • A pressure relief for overpressure protection in the event of restricted fluid flow.
    • A lifetime fuel filter providing filtration to protect the fuel injectors from foreign material.

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I attempted this today and everything went fine up to the point of removing the fuel lines. The red clips came off easily but blacks wouldnt. I didnt pry them off or really applied a lot of force because this is my only car and I didnt want to get stranded but it looks like after some googling that there is a special tool that is required to remove the lines. Does anyone know what tool it is, there are different types of them, not sure which one to get.

Its also quite scary as to how exposed and close the fuel line is next to the exhaust

Phenom5.0

5.2 ^^^
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Metallic
I attempted this today and everything went fine up to the point of removing the fuel lines. The red clips came off easily but blacks wouldnt. I didnt pry them off or really applied a lot of force because this is my only car and I didnt want to get stranded but it looks like after some googling that there is a special tool that is required to remove the lines. Does anyone know what tool it is, there are different types of them, not sure which one to get.

Its also quite scary as to how exposed and close the fuel line is next to the exhaust
The red clips pull back and the black clips are basically C clips that prevent the lines from coming off. You need to pry the middle part of each clip outward and they will come off. It's easier if you relieve the tension on the clips by applying some pressure towards the filter by pressing the filter and lines toward each other, the clips remove easily.

If you don't the clips are under some tension and can be harder to remove.

You do not need a special tool, I did mine with a small flathead screwdriver.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Interesting that they say 30k miles since that’s the shortest service interval I’ve ever heard of for a fuel filter, and further interesting that the GT one is considered lifetime. Do we know what the reasoning is behind such a short service interval is?

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I think manual states it needs to be changed every 30k miles, mine will get there in about 1.5-2 months.
Interesting that they say 30k miles since that’s the shortest service interval I’ve ever heard of for a fuel filter, and further interesting that the GT one is considered lifetime. Do we know what the reasoning is behind such a short service interval is?
Searched the Mustang Owner's Manual, the 2015/2016 & the 2017 Shelby GT350 Mustang Supplemental Manuals and the 2016 Helm... Changing the fuel filter at 30 K intervals was a new maintenance item starting in 2017...No rationale provided. Thanks for the heads up @UnhandledException

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Does anyone have an idea on where i can get a need splash shield, besides the dealship? I got the part number off it, but tasca doesnt carry it. When i put the part # in google, some alibaba site comes up. I dont trust it. IF anyone has an idea. Would be greatly appreciate it!!

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Does anyone have an idea on where i can get a need splash shield, besides the dealship? I got the part number off it, but tasca doesnt carry it. When i put the part # in google, some alibaba site comes up. I dont trust it. IF anyone has an idea. Would be greatly appreciate it!!
What's the part number?

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost