Sponsored

False Knock Procharged S550

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
That seems to be a very common tuner but ive noticed a higher than average percentage
Might just be strictly due to the numbers of people that they tune. But if one file runs fine and the rest have knock....
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
This is what gets me!!!im pretty sure he said that even the tune that ran great still had lean codes come up,correct me if im wrong,but the tuner said the lean codes were false,Really!!!.But then tuner said he forgot to put in the latest maf parameters,wtf!!!..Well lets see wrong maf setting/lean codes,man i hope u get this sorted before something bad happens and again just my opnion i would take it easy on the car until u figure out whats going on.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I just got to do a WOT log of my E85 tune and I have zero knock (adding timing all the way to 7500) BUT it looks like I've lost a fuel pump as I go stupid lean (stoich) up top. Just a testament of the power of E85 to avert disaster.

Got a new GT350 pump setup today and will drop it in tonight, crossing my fingers.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
I just got to do a WOT log of my E85 tune and I have zero knock (adding timing all the way to 7500) BUT it looks like I've lost a fuel pump as I go stupid lean (stoich) up top. Just a testament of the power of E85 to avert disaster.

Got a new GT350 pump setup today and will drop it in tonight, crossing my fingers.
:shrug: why are you posting this here?

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Because I have fat thumbs and wasn't paying attention when I responded to the email link on my phone:lol:

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
This is what gets me!!!im pretty sure he said that even the tune that ran great still had lean codes come up,correct me if im wrong,but the tuner said the lean codes were false,Really!!!.But then tuner said he forgot to put in the latest maf parameters,wtf!!!..Well lets see wrong maf setting/lean codes,man i hope u get this sorted before something bad happens and again just my opnion i would take it easy on the car until u figure out whats going on.
I didn't catch that part. I would assume that if that tune was adding timing it wouldn't be throwing a lean code, but who knows.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I've been getting alot of knock lately. I can't even tell if its real or false anymore.So frustrating. Having it looked over tomorrow by a shop when they install my cat deletes.

OP
OP
brettzo007

brettzo007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boosted 5.0
Having a shop take a look at everything on my car next week. I too found it very odd that the car was adding timing (though was still sporadically pulling timing - just not nearly as badly) on one tune rev. The car felt much better, but then sure enough, lean codes on both banks. Hoping to have more of an update by mid week.

OP
OP
brettzo007

brettzo007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boosted 5.0
I had the car in the shop yesterday and we checked literally everything. Though we did find that one of my header cats was rattling a bit, nothing else was really found, aside from deleting the AC mount bolt, as there were signs of potential contact with headers. Completed a cat delete as well while there to rule that out. I now have a full exhaust with no cats.

I get the car on the road, pull a log and I am now 9.99* knock vs. 3-5* which I'm used to seeing. The car is gutless. Just don't know anymore. Tuner is saying they have this tune on 100's of other cars with no issues, but I see a lot of users complaining of the same false knock activity all over the forums. Not pointing a finger at the tune (yet), though starting to run out of options. Frustration level max.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
... 3-5* (knock) which I'm used to seeing...
I get the feeling a lot more people than we think have these knock values and for some reason don't ever mention it when talking about being in a blown S550.

Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I get the car on the road, pull a log and I am now 9.99* knock vs. 3-5* which I'm used to seeing. The car is gutless. Just don't know anymore. Tuner is saying they have this tune on 100's of other cars with no issues, but I see a lot of users complaining of the same false knock activity all over the forums. Not pointing a finger at the tune (yet), though starting to run out of options. Frustration level max.
Funny how I must be included in nobody of the 100s as well. I'm pointing finger at tune since mine has zero knock on the BAP setup but immediately goes to 8 deg on return tune. If I still have same issues with different tuner I'll happily admit I was wrong.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
What about the bolts on the header collectors? I heard others with this problem.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Not playing favorites here...
Here is the main areas of discussion from my last DL.
Probably the same basic tune you all are running.
Decide from the data.

Attachments

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
What are we deciding? Im sure plenty don't have knock.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
If my knock is indeed false, it only appears when the return fuel system is running fuel. It's still in the car outside of the pump and the return line off the fuel rail. What about those is going to cause knock if not the tune? Again, it's either tune, bad 350 pumps from Sai (that start and idle the car just fine independently) or FPR. Literally only options.
Sponsored