Sponsored

Replacement line for clutch master reservoir line leak!

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
No leaks but was able to push back on a good 1/2" if not more.

Sponsored

Last edited:

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
No leaks, but mine was only on about 1/4 of an inch. Easily pushed it all the way on to a very noticeable click when seated. My car is a mid-year 2016. Probably been that way all along.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I just checked my line due to this thread and it appeared ready to fall off! 600 miles on my R. I added a zip tie for addition security. This needs to be a Ford recall item.

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I posted in the other thread but I did this to mine...

IMAG4846.jpg

We will see how it holds up.
That's holding it okay? I pushed mine on last night, what I thought was all the way in, and this morning after driving to work, it looked like I hadn't even touched it, appearing ready to fall off again. Is the hose just too short?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
What I don't know about this fitting is a lot. However, based on my observation, as long as the 2 parts of the fitting are mated properly (2nd pic), and the fitting itself isn't hanging off the nipple on the reservoir (like in the 2nd pic - that's too much), I would think it should be OK. I did add a tie wrap ala [MENTION=26284]KiLLeR2001[/MENTION] to the nearby hard brake line to support the weight of the hose (not on the fitting itself like Killer), so the hose fitting is no longer sitting at an angle and shouldn't be able to come off - I hope.

Also, if you try to push the fitting on, open the brake fluid cap to equalize the pressure.

Pictures lifted from the other post.
IMG_4080.JPG
Clutch-Tube.JPG

Cammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2001 F-150 Lightning
My experience with this was exactly the same as The_Chairman's.

I'm not worried about this since I've bled my brakes a couple of times with a PowerBleeder that puts 20psi into the reservoir. That should have ejected the hose if it was really that loose.

Brian

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
The other thread, not you.

Mine doesn't have a clip, it's just sitting there with surface tension. Odd.
You do not understand how the this works. There is no external clip. This is more of a swedge type fitting and secures it self from male to female fitting. Image shared from other post.
attachment.jpg

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
My experience with this was exactly the same as The_Chairman's.

I'm not worried about this since I've bled my brakes a couple of times with a PowerBleeder that puts 20psi into the reservoir. That should have ejected the hose if it was really that loose.

Brian
It's not a matter of "if" its "when". Rubber takes shape to its environment over time, especially when its pliable like the hose provided. Removing some of the stress from the downward pull with a zip-tie I think will help increase the longevity of the hose. Ideal solution would be to replace the line entirely with one that is about an inch or two longer.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
After pushing mine back on I put the two zip ties on mine as picture above also. My dealership has a new 2017 Shelby GT350 on the showroom floor. I went down there and we checked it. It was even worse. Not only was it not all the way on but you can see its angled on the end of the reservoir plastic tip. And Ford must have put some sort of glue on it cause they couldn't push it all the way on, it wouldn't move. Geesh Ford!!

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Looks like not enough line length there. Its so tight, that the pull alone brings it to the end, vibes don't help it none, I'm sure. No oil coming from mine, but I had to push it about 3/4" up and then I zip tied it. It settled back to around 1/4" from the face of the reservoir
IMO it needs one of those hose clips but I'm not gonna take mine off. zip tie on the far end is good enough
20170830_111133.jpg

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it's designed that way. :shrug:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Maybe the oil lines were designed that way too, look where that went. Maybe they are putting together a list so all the current fixes can be done at one time.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Looks like not enough line length there. Its so tight, that the pull alone brings it to the end, vibes don't help it none, I'm sure. No oil coming from mine, but I had to push it about 3/4" up and then I zip tied it. It settled back to around 1/4" from the face of the reservoir
IMO it needs one of those hose clips but I'm not gonna take mine off. zip tie on the far end is good enough
I would also look into adding another zip-tie to help hold the line upright. I think only doing the one zip-tie will still cause it to slide to a point (base of the nipple) and still be giving it a nasty tug downward. I like to think of the zip-ties like this...

Zip-tie #1: Secured around hose on the nipple, in the event it starts to slide, it should at least catch from the small clamping force of the zip-tie by the time it reaches the nipple end.

Zip-tie #2: Holds the line upright and prevents the rubber from warping/stretching irregularly, which would make the original perfectly round diameter of the rubber hose now an ob-longed shape, prime for leakage.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Just like the driver's side windshield wiper.
The side vents that peel off.
The rear bumper that sags.....

Love 'em all :lol:
Sponsored