Pmas Intake New Design

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I know it's beating a dead horse, but the new pmas "heat shield" is absolutely awful for IAT. I'm talking 30 degrees above ambient at highway speeds.

My IAT got a little better when I drilled out the grille for more air flow to the intake, but not drastically so. At least the temps come down on a wot pull with the grille opened up now.
Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I know it's beating a dead horse, but the new pmas "heat shield" is absolutely awful for IAT. I'm talking 30 degrees above ambient at highway speeds.

My IAT got a little better when I drilled out the grille for more air flow to the intake, but not drastically so. At least the temps come down on a wot pull with the grille opened up now.

Damn, that's pretty terrible.

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
I have no problems running near ambient with the new shield design. Grille isn't opened up.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I have the old pmas heatshield still, no hood liner, lethal grill delete. Above 40mph my car stays 5-10 above ambient. In traffic it gets hot (130ish on a hot day, more in a slow drive thru), but it also cools quickly once moving. Trust me, if your heat soaked in traffic so is the guy next to you.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
I run the old style PMAS box (looks like shit, cut out by a kindergarten kid).

I have opened up the grille, then I have a Velossa Big Mouth feeding in to a GT350 snorkel.

If moving at >30mph then the IATS are 1-2c above ambient.

Creeping in traffic its around 5-10c above ambient.

Takes quite a long time to get up to the crucial 36c, and the warmest ive ever seen it (36c ambient, crawling in city traffic) is 56c (132f), but again, give me 1 mile of open road and itll drop back to within 1-2c of ambient.

The original style box works pretty well in combo with some extra flow/breathing mods.... its just a shame it looks like shit!

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I don't have issues with mine (older style), nor do I even pay attention to temps anymore. As long as the car feels good, idgaf. But when I do happen to ponder at temps cycling through menu it's usually around 5-10 from ambient cruising. Unless you are actually logging the car and documenting the intake running like shit, I don't understand why it should ever be a problem.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
I will get side by side pics of both the new and old heat shields tonight.

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
design looks worse for temps to me

Sponsored

PROJECTeleven

KCCO DFW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
twentyseventeen gt/pp
Looks like a cheap version of the steeda CAI

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm glad I swapped to a GT350 CAI, the IATs were killing me! Along with the quality of the PMAS I had to keep patching up every week due to vaccum leaks on their hose barbs not staying in their grommets. I knew when it came to me broken in the box I should have went a different direction, I figured I could fix it, I couldn't. I had one of their GEN 1 kits also with their 360* MAF that wouldn't ever work right. Live and Learn. Twice? Never again. Looking for quality? Go somewhere else.