Sponsored

How much more is 18 worth?

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
I'd go for the 2017 because you'll get a better deal, nicer design and better colors. The 2018 aside from being uglier is going to be a short-lived design. The S650 will have all those upgrades from the 2018 plus an all new lighter platform. I will pull the trigger later in the year for a 2017 GT premium/pp race red or lighting blue.
s650 isn't proven to be lighter guys... S550 had all the same rumors and what did we get? We got a few years before we can say it will be lighter..

Besides I say get the car with the least amount of electronics... IDC what brand you choose electronics always seem to be the first to take a dump on every brand,make, and model
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm more worried about what is going to fit under that new low hood for FI (seeing the side by side reveals how dramatic it is). Someone will make something fit, but how many more thousands is it going to be if you have to move/replace major components on the 18.

Enjoy the discussion. I am going to do whatever I want,
but nice to hear others thoughts anyway..................
This is why I'm glad we have 3D printers now. I'm sure someone will figure something out. :cheers:

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
Imo get the 17. Let the new 18+ buyers work through the bugs and get the s650 which theoretically should be addressed. Personally id get a 2nd or 3rd year s650, when i trade mine in.

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
On the flip side, wishing you waited for the newer model in the fall?
True. I ordered now because I don't want to wait. I may want the new one but would feel better waiting until they work out any possible bugs first anyways.

That being said, if I already had a '14 and wanted to upgrade, it would be much easier to wait.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Funny group!

Rationalizing that the refreshed current model is going to be bug ridden but wait for a completely new S650?

It's amazing anyone bought a 2015 model!

Sponsored

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
its a new trans and engine with DI there WILL be issues who knows how big or small but it will happen

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
So everybody that in 2014 was complaining the 15s were ugly is now hating on the 2018s. Gets old. The 18 is the design the 15 should have been, really got the front end right. What an improvement. I'd be all over the 18 if I were in the market.
Absolutely not.

The GT350 is what the 2015 should have been in terms of hood lines and forward visibility.

The 2015 front facia along with the steeda redesign is much more pleasing to look at than the ugly as sin bag of smashed assholes front end of the 2018. Simply mournful. Brock Sampson and I could have a dialogue about how I want to take the 2018 burry it in a coffin and give it a dignified burial. Sad mournful front end. It could star in an episode of Botched about having a plastic surgery gone horribly wrong.

I get it, the GT350 is the premium menacing sporting design. But ford F'd up our 2015 hoods with the ugly assed Fusion/Focus/Fugly lines that go from the grill to the mirrors. That is why it is gone on the 2018 after seeing just how damned good the GT350 looks with a lowered hood line.

But the 2018 might as well have a Haundai/Mazda/Kia front facia. It sucks.

Only reason for a 2018 is for bleeding edge performance bring it forward closer to a GT350 in oerformance while being able to have the automatic in a perf pack and Mag-ride.

It certainly isnt for looks unless Rousch or Steeda are working on a much needed nose job.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Very few people who are not Mustang fans would even be able to see the difference unless they were parked side by side. Even then, non-car people (like my wife) would not be able to tell the difference. You may have a personal preference for one over the other, but that difference is small. I'm not a Porsche guy, and I can tell a 911 from a Cayman, but I can't spot the difference between 996, 997, or 991. I'm sure Porsche forums are full of people arguing about how one looks great and the other is fugly.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Absolutely not.

The GT350 is what the 2015 should have been in terms of hood lines and forward visibility.

The 2015 front facia along with the steeda redesign is much more pleasing to look at than the ugly as sin bag of smashed assholes front end of the 2018. Simply mournful. Brock Sampson and I could have a dialogue about how I want to take the 2018 burry it in a coffin and give it a dignified burial. Sad mournful front end. It could star in an episode of Botched about having a plastic surgery gone horribly wrong.

I get it, the GT350 is the premium menacing sporting design. But ford F'd up our 2015 hoods with the ugly assed Fusion/Focus/Fugly lines that go from the grill to the mirrors. That is why it is gone on the 2018 after seeing just how damned good the GT350 looks with a lowered hood line.

Only reason for a 2018 is for bleeding edge performance bring it forward closer to a GT350 in oerformance while being able to have the automatic in a perf pack and Mag-ride.

It certainly isnt for looks unless Rousch or Steeda are working on a much needed nose job.
Angry post of the year! :lol:

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I would still wait the 2 years for the S650. OPs car is only a 2014, not a 2004.

The ugly 18 styling will only be for 2 years, and buying a 2017 now seems silly unless you dont plan to be at all interested in the 2020 S650; which we have no clue what it will look like even.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I would still wait the 2 years for the S650. OPs car is only a 2014, not a 2004.

The ugly 18 styling will only be for 2 years, and buying a 2017 now seems silly unless you dont plan to be at all interested in the 2020 S650; which we have no clue what it will look like even.
If you take that kind of mindset, you'll never buy a car. Always going to be something better. I'll be waiting for the S750.

I'm just happy there's such a huge aftermarket for these cars. Don't really care much how it is in stock form as long as it looks great.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Will the S650 still retain the V8 or will it be some turbo thingy?

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Absolutely not.

Riiight, because Roush's bumpers are definitely a good design with their huge swathes of black plastic inserts.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Uhhghhh. I don't know. How about we just wait for the damn thing to come out and we will know. There are already enough threads with bickering and pure speculations n assumptions as it is for the 18' refresh. All this information will be dropped within the next few months.

OP
OP

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP

Again, I'll ask what is going to be so great about the S650? Yes, I'll take even pure speculation.
Sponsored