2015-2016 Tech Pack and Base GT350 Cooler Solution Discussion

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
You could be right, I honestly don't know. But, I've read many other things where people have said do xyz and the car/manufacturer will never know.....but, they end up finding out. The things that the cars computer tracks and logs nowadays is pretty impressive and a lot of times not fully well known by the average person.
Yea, I get that, I have some background in this area though. I've been involved with the Tuning world for a long time. I'm not directly involved right now but a very good friend owns NAAK Tuning. I'm 99 percent sure this would work. It wouldn't be a loss for me either way. If warranty is denied, just buy a transmission. When I have a second I'll unhook mine and then read my ecu and bcm and see if there is anything there. My biggest problem is finding time, that's why I barely drive my car.
Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Yea, I get that, I have some background in this area though. I've been involved with the Tuning world for a long time. I'm not directly involved right now but a very good friend owns NAAK Tuning. I'm 99 percent sure this would work. It wouldn't be a loss for me either way. If warranty is denied, just buy a transmission. When I have a second I'll unhook mine and then read my ecu and bcm and see if there is anything there.
That would be interesting if you could see a difference. Also, I wasn't saying you didn't know what you were talking about. Sorry if it came off that way.

I'm more referencing claims by people that say ECUs can't see certain tuners or that they can completely clear codes etc. Many people are then surprised when they go in for warranty work and are denied..........

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
That would be interesting if you could see a difference. Also, I wasn't saying you didn't know what you were talking about. Sorry if it came off that way.

I'm more referencing claims by people that say ECUs can't see certain tuners or that they can completely clear codes etc. Many people are then surprised when they go in for warranty work and are denied..........
I didn't take it that way. I completely get what your saying.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Hey folks,
I've been looking for the operating specs for the Mercon LV fluid but after a while, I can't find it. I'm looking for a Ford/Motorcraft source for the operating temps.
Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Student Driver

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
Broken Mustang
These cars make 100 more horse power than the standard GT. The abuse they put the drivetrain through is much greater. Then the aero doesn't allow air up under the car to help cool any components. No coolers was simply a mistake by Ford. They basically created a worst case scenario. Instead of fixing it they choose to hide it and make it our (the uninformed or mislead, however you want to label it) problem. After paying full boat plus for my car I am going to put another $3500 plus into it just to make it the "Sophisticated Performer" it was advertised as which will also de-value my car but it really already is because no one wants a Tech Pack car anyway. I have accepted this because it would cost me so much more to trade it in on a Track Pack or an R. This has been beat to death and I am pretty much over it but the facts are, regaurdless of what some say, the cars were less than we were lead to believe. In my eyes this car will never be the same. I had no intention of modifying it. I have had allot of modded cars, I wanted something different this time. Now that I have to mod it, who knows where it will end. Then in a few years I'll end up dumping it for the next big deal which I wouldn't have done.
Modifying the Tech Pack will make it a unique car. It will be a Tech Track Pack with the best of both worlds. Then it will be sought after and have an increased value close to the amount invested to modify.

Sponsored

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
All I can find is the flash point which is over 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Thank goodness we won't ever see that temp unless the oil line fails and u burst into flames, but who cares what happens to the transmission then. It's your butt u worry about then

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150

Student Driver

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
Broken Mustang
Any dealer can ask for a high price, but it's what people are willing to pay is the question. Just because they ask for that price, I would be shocked if anyone will pay it.:cheers:
Yes, they will not get that price.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Modifying the Tech Pack will make it a unique car. It will be a Tech Track Pack with the best of both worlds. Then it will be sought after and have an increased value close to the amount invested to modify.
I'd like to believe that and it may be true. I guess time will tell.

Sponsored

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
My sister is a lawyer and she suggested that it would be cheaper and better face saving for Ford just to do it right: replace transmission, add coolers, upgrade software(cheap), keep the transmission core, fire sell them for replacement for MT82's for regular Mustangs, etc.

Everyone makes out, no bad publicity for Ford(which Europe is always looking for a reason to point out Ford's short comings), and everyone would be singing Ford praises. :first:
Well maybe your sister should whisper that into the ears of Mark Fields,CEO of Ford or Bradley Gayton General Counsel of Ford, our collective efforts in this regard have failed, time and time again.
As far as your autottrader ad, only a stupid person would entertain such a price when you can get an R for only a little more on e-bay and 2017's for far less, but we do know there are stupid people around with money to burn.
But this forum continues to provide some entertaining qualities, mixed in with the serious discussions and information.
As far as singing Ford's praise they are a dollar short and a day late, too many owners have moved on to modifications and spent a lot of effort and talent and dollars and time and Ford has sat on the sideline, at this juncture its way late, we would say thank you but wouldn't sing hallelujah from the mountain tops, unless they also adjusted our purchase price.etc.etc.etc
But now I sound like a broken record, whining in the woods, preaching to the choir!!!

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350

Here's another video maybe redundant but I had never seen it, it talks about the GT350 design and performance but does not say that the tech package is different.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350

Here's another video maybe redundant but I had never seen it, it talks about the GT350 design and performance but does not say that the tech package is different.
It's never redundant at all seeing Lynsay over and over again...:thumbsup:
Sponsored