Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Right off the bat Herny Ford OUI calls it the most capable mustang ever.

Should have had an * stating only applies to the first 10 mins without trans/diff coolers
Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
MOTORCRAFT® MERCON®LV AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID
Product Typicals
Specification MERCON®LV
MERCON®LV license number MLV070701
Specific Gravity
@ 60°F (15.6°C) 0.842
Density, lb/gal 7.01
Flash Point, COC, °C (°F) 216 (421)
Viscosity:
cSt @ 100°C 6.0
cSt @ 40°C 29.6
cP @ -40°C 10,200
Viscosity Index 155
Pour Point, °C (°F) <-48 (<-54)

40 Celsius is 104 degrees, 100 is 212, My car frequently sits at 260 degrees, which is 126 C. Limp kicks in at 137. The fluid is extremely thin at those temperatures.

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
Trying to extrapolate data from automatic transmission, don't think temps over 220 are good, and clearly 250 or greater are getting into early destruction zone.
Are we the Edsel of the 21st century?

jwb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pack, Wht w/ blu
Diff Temp Sensor Harness Routing

If any Track Pack or R owners are reading this thread or if a brother or sister Tech Pack owner has a Trk Pk or R friend, will you get a photo of where the wire harness running from the diff temp sensor runs? I took some photos of the R at my dealer but I could get only vid/photos of the harness going straight up from the diff. I'd like to run my harness approx the same. If it enters the cabin under the seat, bonus points for pics under seat (Trk Pk; seat is really easy to remove, R; guess you couldn't afford seat :rolleyes:). If you are looking to add this sensor and plug into the PCM (display on dash), I found the wires and posted it on the FORScan Tweaks thread. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
If any Track Pack or R owners are reading this thread or if a brother or sister Tech Pack owner has a Trk Pk or R friend, will you get a photo of where the wire harness running from the diff temp sensor runs? I took some photos of the R at my dealer but I could get only vid/photos of the harness going straight up from the diff. I'd like to run my harness approx the same. If it enters the cabin under the seat, bonus points for pics under seat (Trk Pk; seat is really easy to remove, R; guess you couldn't afford seat :rolleyes:). If you are looking to add this sensor and plug into the PCM (display on dash), I found the wires and posted it on the FORScan Tweaks thread. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Thanks for doing this leg work [MENTION=29216]jwb[/MENTION] :thumbsup: We've been told, by FP, the PCM in the Tech doesn't support the diff cooler wiring so I really hope you're on to something here (& in the Forscan thread)! On the first page there, [MENTION=18007]mattlqx[/MENTION] posted a google doc that has the values to display both the trans and diff temps. Previous attempts to display the diff temp on the Tech have only showed a "-" on the display... Good luck and here's to your success:cheers:

Reactions: jwb

Sponsored

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Remember FP doesn't think the transmission temperature gauge is supported either.

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
I asked dealer to turn on the transmission temp, I was told they had no clue how to do that.
I said you can turn it on from your computer when you connect it to the ECM. I was then told they didn't do any tunes or code changes, without a Service bulletin.

Sponsored

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
Did anyone notice that owners manual for the GT 350 attention page 25, and the two cards they sent for track settings, where they talk about the coolers were both printed by them July 2015? So they knew then and still built the base and tech without them and without a plug and play solution. Curious if those who ordered the car had gotten a call or letter and said we can add them, how many would have said no?

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I asked dealer to turn on the transmission temp, I was told they had no clue how to do that.
I said you can turn it on from your computer when you connect it to the ECM. I was then told they didn't do any tunes or code changes, without a Service bulletin.
That's not surprising imho. I would definitely recommend going the route in the Forscan sticky. Fairly low cost to enable what should already be enabled on your GT350. Good luck :cheers:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Did anyone notice that owners manual for the GT 350 attention page 25, and the two cards they sent for track settings, where they talk about the coolers were both printed by them July 2015? So they knew then and still built the base and tech without them and without a plug and play solution. Curious if those who ordered the car had gotten a call or letter and said we can add them, how many would have said no?
Oh man, can of worms you're opening with this one. Let sleeping dogs sleep...Search the forum and you'll find all your answers.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Oh man, can of worms you're opening with this one. Let sleeping dogs sleep...Search the forum and you'll find all your answers.
Exactly, i just got off my meds because of this, so let's not revive bad memories please.