2015-2016 Tech Pack and Base GT350 Cooler Solution Discussion

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
Did anyone notice that owners manual for the GT 350 attention page 25, and the two cards they sent for track settings, where they talk about the coolers were both printed by them July 2015? So they knew then and still built the base and tech without them and without a plug and play solution. Curious if those who ordered the car had gotten a call or letter and said we can add them, how many would have said no?

My manuals are still wrapped up can you scan and post what your talking about?

Also my car is still at the shop I think almost 120days and still counting.

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
I can't figure out how to add photos here, and my tech person not home. But if you search Shelby supplement owners manual, open it, look at page 25 and then look at when the supplement was printed. Makes u sick!

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
http://shnack.com/docs/2015-2016-Mustang-Shelby-GT350-Supplement-version-1_su_EN-US_07_2015.pdf

July 2015
First Printing
Mustang Supplement
Shelby GT350
Litho in USA

Transmission:

Operating at High Speeds and on Track Days

Your vehicle is capable of sustained high speeds and track day driving if equipped with powertrain coolers (Track, R model).

Note: Obey all traffic laws and only operate your vehicle at locations designed to do so safely.

Before operating your vehicle at high speeds, follow these guidelines.

• Verify your tires have the correct tire pressures (see Tires in this supplement).

• Inspect wheels and tires for wear and damage. Replace any damaged wheels or tires.

• Do not operate your vehicle at high speeds with more than two passengers or while carrying cargo.

• For sustained high speeds or track day use with a Base or Tech model, we recommend that transmission and differential coolers are added. Your vehicle has electronic controls to reduce power and/or limit RPM to reduce powertrain temperatures if required.

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
Since I am not skilled enough to do the transmission swap, dealer is quoting full list retail, and no clue what the install will cost!

Sponsored

jwb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pack, Wht w/ blu
Thanks gents. I am looking to attend at least 1-2 track days or auto x events this year. I am not hardcore on the track yet, which is why I chose this package, but want the car to be ready for whatever, whenever.

The deflector needs to be ordered separately, but Mike R at Autonation knows the drill and has the part number ready.

To be honest I have access to a lift and a full shop with all the tools. I am not an ASE tech and have no formal training other than being a gear head. Outside of wanting to be able to take my time and work on the car at home, I also wanted to illustrate that doing the swap at home without all the luxuries is easily doable. I could of had a few local guys stop by also but I had to do the swap late in the evenings so I didn't miss time with my family. Hopefully everyone else is encouraged to take on the swap. Even if are just doing the cooler and an external pump that will Be a total cake walk.

Thanks 50 Deep,
Does the deflector replace the piece that blocks off the grill or does that grill section need to be replace also?

Student Driver

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
Broken Mustang
Since I am not skilled enough to do the transmission swap, dealer is quoting full list retail, and no clue what the install will cost!
I got a quote from Dallas Mustang parts for the tranny and cooler pack of $440 to $660 each. So roughly $1500 for both'ish.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Thanks 50 Deep,
Does the deflector replace the piece that blocks off the grill or does that grill section need to be replace also?
The deflector replaces that piece all together. Unscrew it and toss it in the trash. But keep the 3 screws you had taken out and reuse them.

Reactions: jwb

jwb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pack, Wht w/ blu
Thanks [MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION],
That was my guess. Wanted to be sure I didn't need more stuff.

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
Just fyi. I'm in Chicago area and have 0 issues with trans overheating on track or under extreme driving conditions however I agree that coolers should allow the trans and diff last longer and perform better. But here is the problem, not only won't my dealer I purchased the car at as well as 5 notable Chicago area Ford dealerships do the coolers, trans swap and any other related work to these cars. I was told not only was this considered work outside of normal scope but if performed will automatically VOID the warranty on the car. I also asked these dealers about the oil cooler line recall and ALL said there is no recall on the gt350 on this. I showed them the Google search and all they said what they had was a serial number range of recall on motor oil pump issues and my car was clean? They said it was incorrectly processed by Ford but recall number was right. Am I missing something?

Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Just fyi. I'm in Chicago area and have 0 issues with trans overheating on track or under extreme driving conditions however I agree that coolers should allow the trans and diff last longer and perform better. But here is the problem, not only won't my dealer I purchased the car at as well as 5 notable Chicago area Ford dealerships do the coolers, trans swap and any other related work to these cars. I was told not only was this considered work outside of normal scope but if performed will automatically VOID the warranty on the car. I also asked these dealers about the oil cooler line recall and ALL said there is no recall on the gt350 on this. I showed them the Google search and all they said what they had was a serial number range of recall on motor oil pump issues and my car was clean? They said it was incorrectly processed by Ford but recall number was right. Am I missing something?
Yes, find another dealer. Those clueless bastards :rant:

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
Just fyi. I'm in Chicago area and have 0 issues with trans overheating on track or under extreme driving conditions
Maybe you have a unicorn! Ran my car at Road America last Summer and hit Limp every time.

I'd second the dealership search. The entire warranty shouldn't be voided either - only those affected by the swap. IE if your ac compressor goes out - how does that tie back to the transmission or diff cooler.

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
I truly don't understand why the warranty or any part is voided when u use an OEM part, I thought somewhere Ford Performance said buying from us means warranty. That's why I think when they came up with the transmission cooler kit which required a pump they didn't include it cause they weren't going to support it, and therefore transmission warranty was at stake. But a whole new transmission from them should be supported, unless they didn't do the install. Amazingly my dealer won't discount the transmission and won't discuss it, beyond saying this is the price.
As an aside he did order the recall part under my vin but no word yet and it's been 3 weeks, also the SE customer service manager refuses to return my calls after the other rep was blowing me off! He called me once left a message with the case number and now can't reach him.

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know what to say on alot of this stuff with the coolers, etc. I have called numerous dealers and pretty much got the same from all. I even contacted the largest Shelby Roush dealer outside of Illinois and they told me the EXACT same thing. Cost for New trans and cooler assembly complete with labor $7600.00 approx. 3-5 days in and out. But warranty is voided? Why? They said because there is NO APPROVED solution for this whether it was stock in track pack or R. Not standard in the base or tech so car is considered altered or modified thus warranty is not in tact. What a crock.

As far as limp mode my car has been super super strong mechanically with nothing popping up under extremes. I have had this car at 2 private courses as well at Joliet Autobahn and have run this car for over an hour multiple times thru 2-4th gears with revs up to 8k numerous times with no problem. Also have had the car over 160 numerous times and nothing. Car has performed under hard driving. Now stop and go driving this car hates it. Car gets hot fast and clutch gets stiff and then reduced power kicks in. It has happened twice doing 0-5-0 etch for 30 minutes. Each gt350 is different. I tried buying an R that had 697 miles on it but to close the deal I requested the car be able to run at Autobahn. Guess what I heard this car went into limp mode under previous owner(guess that is why it got dumped). On lap 2 put car into limp mode not even pushing it that hard. This was a 2017 Grabber Blue R with black roof. I could've bought the car at $70k and that is why I had an exception for the test drive on the contract. Beautiful car just a turd. Didn't buy it. Car never sold here and got shipped to Arizona in December. these cars either run or don't that is what I have seen and I have seen and heard many cases of this happening on track, R's and 17's. Don't think it matters

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also asked for clarification on warranty from Ford direct. Guess what, nothing! They told me 2 weeks ago that they would approach legal with this. Still waiting and ALL dealers I talked to pretty much said the same thing. Nothing to be put into writing to uphold the vehicle warranty.

Also new parts have warranty!!! Car warranty is voided because considered altered or modified.

Also parts come from Ford Performance and car comes from Ford Motor co. This is why the void in warranty. Each is considered a different entity and division and supports its own warranty coverage. This is how the liability is negated?

Just the info I have been given by dealers and Ford.

I love the car but it may live most of its life in the garage with an occasional outing here and there?
Sponsored