Sponsored

2015-2016 Tech Pack and Base GT350 Cooler Solution Discussion

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Took the car out for a 4 hour round trip drive yesterday. Outside temps were about 60 degrees, but the transmission never got over 100 degrees. Mostly freeway miles, but it stayed very cool.
Thanks for the update [MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION] :thumbsup:
Congratulations on the test drive, those are amazing temps for a Tech pack in any ambient temperature!!!
Must've got the MGW loosened up nicely too :cheers:
Sponsored

Last edited:

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Oh they were on believe me. They did not cool enough to overcome the radiant heat coming from the tunnel. Neither was the AC.
There have been several folks that have hit limp mode in stop and go traffic. I got close once at 260's but eventually got by the wreck. It was in the 90's. Your right about the tunnel heat. very warm indeed.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
+1 100%.

This is why i hate this bullshit... each person will get there 250$ meanwhile the law firm will take their 30% or whatever egregious commission it is and walk away with hundreds of thousands or millions. Ambulance chasers.
yes, but unfortunately it is one of the few last mechanisms that can actually allow a group of consumers to challenge a industrial giant. The idea can be one of two situations, ambulance chasers looking for easy money like the Hard Drive fiasco and Best Buy where each person got like 15 cents, In this case there is a slim but not necessarily insignificant chance Ford could deem the cost of litigation to be more than some form of change to the options for effected cars. Voodoos idea of a buyback program that puts a fully warranted solution in place for a fixed cost to all not requiring negotiation per dealer would be fantastic. The cost can and should be equivalent to what it would have cost for it in the first place.

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
Several e-mails have gone to Ford CEO, their general counsel and the VP of their customer service division. The net result was a call from the front office of Ford, first saying that a field service rep would be in contact to inspect the vehicle and verify that the alleged coolers were missing! Really? Just look at the VIN number and you will see and then they had the nerve to say that there were no open recalls on the vehicle. When pushed about a buy back or fix it for the difference in cost from a 2016 and a 2017 they were silent.
Have tried once again to go thru the regional customer service rep since the other rep was so unhelpful and have found him to be just as useless.
Bottom line is they don't care unless someone else gets their attention in a big way. As far as attorneys go yes there are those who are a referral service and there are ambulance chasers, these are the ones who call you after you have had an accident and send you unsolicited letters. And then there are litigators. A multidistrict and or Class action suit isn't for these sorts of firms. Way too complex.

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
I would gladly send Ford a check today for 3 k or even a little more to get this behind us, with OEM parts and a warranty.

Sponsored

Student Driver

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
Broken Mustang
Several e-mails have gone to Ford CEO, their general counsel and the VP of their customer service division. The net result was a call from the front office of Ford, first saying that a field service rep would be in contact to inspect the vehicle and verify that the alleged coolers were missing! Really? Just look at the VIN number and you will see and then they had the nerve to say that there were no open recalls on the vehicle. When pushed about a buy back or fix it for the difference in cost from a 2016 and a 2017 they were silent.
Have tried once again to go thru the regional customer service rep since the other rep was so unhelpful and have found him to be just as useless.
Bottom line is they don't care unless someone else gets their attention in a big way. As far as attorneys go yes there are those who are a referral service and there are ambulance chasers, these are the ones who call you after you have had an accident and send you unsolicited letters. And then there are litigators. A multidistrict and or Class action suit isn't for these sorts of firms. Way too complex.
My sister is a lawyer and she suggested that it would be cheaper and better face saving for Ford just to do it right: replace transmission, add coolers, upgrade software(cheap), keep the transmission core, fire sell them for replacement for MT82's for regular Mustangs, etc.

Everyone makes out, no bad publicity for Ford(which Europe is always looking for a reason to point out Ford's short comings), and everyone would be singing Ford praises. :first:

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Another issue is stop and go traffic. I was in the typical traffic jam that occurs in Cajon Pass in Southern California on the 15 freeway. Move 10 feet, stop. Over and over. My transmission got extremely hot. I could feel the heat coming through the tunnel. Unfortunately, this was before I got my temp gauge working so I really don't know how hot it got. It was uncomfortable in the seat though.
Wow, stop and go in the Cajon Pass?

I lived in Victorville in the late 80's and there was no stop and go traffic until you got down the hill past Pomona. Long time ago, I guess.

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
Ford has had that opportunity for well over a year.
It has even been spelled out very simply and clearly, lots of owners have had lots of conversations with lots of Ford reps, yes cheaper for Ford and would mend a lot of bad feelings towards them, although some of these feelings won't go away because of how long Ford has ignored it. Ford is betting on the fact that the owners won't find a firm with the strength and depth to bring them to the table, but they still will have that opportunity if they so choose.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Wow, stop and go in the Cajon Pass?

I lived in Victorville in the late 80's and there was no stop and go traffic until you got down the hill past Pomona. Long time ago, I guess.
You wouldn't recognize Victimville.

Sponsored

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
You wouldn't recognize Victimville.
That bad, eh? When I got out of the AF I went to work for Raytheon in Goleta/Santa Barbara, lived up in Lompoc. At least I lived there when I was in town. I was a Field Engineer and was in the road constantly. Long time ago...

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
Sad to say that those of us who enjoy driving are experiencing the severe road congestion in many parts of the country, adding time and frustration and all of those entitled people who drive like idiots with no regard to their safety or to others. Many areas have not kept up with the demand for expanded road ways adding to the congestion. Picturesque areas are missed as you have to pay too much attention to the other driver. And now you have to deal with a hot butt to boot!

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
Sad to say that those of us who enjoy driving are experiencing the severe road congestion in many parts of the country, adding time and frustration and all of those entitled people who drive like idiots with no regard to their safety or to others. Many areas have not kept up with the demand for expanded road ways adding to the congestion. Picturesque areas are missed as you have to pay too much attention to the other driver. And now you have to deal with a hot butt to boot!
Pics or it didn't happen :D

USMC0341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Another issue is stop and go traffic. I was in the typical traffic jam that occurs in Cajon Pass in Southern California on the 15 freeway. Move 10 feet, stop. Over and over. My transmission got extremely hot. I could feel the heat coming through the tunnel. Unfortunately, this was before I got my temp gauge working so I really don't know how hot it got. It was uncomfortable in the seat though.
My issue has always been in traffic as my Gt350 is my daily driver. I have noticed if the ambient temp is 85 or higher I will go into limp mode in about a hour. Now that I have turned on the temp gauge I see the temp continue to climb till it hits about 296. So far I've hit limp mode 4 times in traffic and once going up the El Cajon pass in the middle of summer. I'm putting on the shelby scoop this weekend and I hope it will prolong the time it takes to heat up. I know it's not a fix but I hope it will help.
I took this pic today after 30 min in traffic never even hitting 40mph with 72 degrees outside.
IMG_0733.jpg

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
Wow that's a terrible situation. The Shelby scoop is metal so it will absorb some heat and has insulated side panels to shield heat from the catalytic converters. Although someone said that the shield will decrease temp by 50 degrees that assumes a lot of air being pushed across it. In stop and go traffic the shield will heat up and the question is will it trap the heat and fail after a certain amount of time or will minimal air flow allow for adequate heat dissipation? This is very discouraging news, it's one issue if we weren't track ready but to call this car a smart sophisticated performer and have this degree of failure in less than spirited driving is just plain BS. How many others who aren't members of the forum have had similar issues? I bet you Ford knows as does their customer service department. Shocking once again that they truly don't care. The Southeastern Customer Service manager called once but I was busy, haven't heard back in over a week, typical!
Sponsored