Sponsored

10.2" Horizontal display Android 4.4.2 touch screen radio

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
It arrived and box was wet on th bottom and a little beat up but it's double boxed. I added my raw uncut unboxing video in the first thread and here it is again. Excuse me for the lack of control and video as it's un cut for your immediate pleasure. I am more than impressed with this unit the upper face bezel is mechined alum anodized black a very nice touch.

Dang! I was kinda worried that I wont be black. Because if you look at the pictures, it seems as if its painted aluminum grey or some shit lol! I'm so glad!
Sponsored

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
Thanks for the video! The bag your dash panel came in looks to be in perfect condition whereas mine was a little roughed up.

One concern I had were brackets to mount the new radio/CD/DVD head unit. There are none included in the bag of stuff. It looks like the brackets on the factory unit might transfer to the new one. We'll find out tomorrow!

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Bare with my guys, I've never done a DIY video and I'm not great with video acting or editing. As I did the instal of the HVAC control board to the Seicane unit I had to put camera down for each segment somthere are 8 clips here list instal 1-8. The entire process went quick even with a mistake, so maybe 20 minutes total if that.

Part 1 volume and tuner knob removal explained.

Part 2 HVAC circuit board instal explained.

Part 3 12 volt power supply input explained.

Part 4 12 volt power supply input explained.

Part 5 DVD slot explained.

Part 6 mounting OEM HVAC board missing screw

Part 7 HVAC board installed and ready for instal in car

Part 8 wirring harness and connectors explained.

Part 9 screen protector removal.

Part 10 instal into car.

Part 11 sync and radio CD player unit installed

Part 12 backup camera connection and corrections

Last edited:

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Bare with my guys, I've never done a DIY video and I'm not great with video acting or editing. As I did the instal of the HVAC control board to the Seicane unit I had to put camera down for each segment somthere are 8 clips here list instal 1-8. The entire process went quick even with a mistake, so maybe 20 minutes total if that.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5
we really appreciate you trying your best! Cant wait to see it installed and getting your reactions about its functionality and all!

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
we really appreciate you trying your best! Cant wait to see it installed and getting your reactions about its functionality and all!
Ive got a couple more videos I'll be adding tonight.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Thanks for the video! The bag your dash panel came in looks to be in perfect condition whereas mine was a little roughed up.

One concern I had were brackets to mount the new radio/CD/DVD head unit. There are none included in the bag of stuff. It looks like the brackets on the factory unit might transfer to the new one. We'll find out tomorrow!
One of my videos shows that the screen has a protective film that peals off. I was afraid it was a permanent screan cover or film because of how perfectly it sat on the screen. Also yes the radio hangers are swapped over from the base radio to the new unit:thumbsup:

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
Thanks for the information! It looks like the protective covering did it's job on my screen. The scuffing is light. I'm sure my screen is ok. I will leave the covering on until I install it in the car. I'm still considering trying a matte screen saver to cut the glare.

The brackets look good on the new radio. Apparently it is made specifically for the Mustang. I thought that maybe it was a generic case. The location of it in the dash is critical for the CD/DVD slot to align with the dash panel. I'm looking forward to seeing that.

I've been watching all your videos. I have downloaded them so I can watch them anywhere. Thanks for making them available.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I'd probably hold off on removing any protectors until the unit is installed to avoid any possible scraping or scuffs. Thanks for documenting this. Still holding out with the dash kits that came out and this and the tesla style.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Any progress?
I'm adding more video now, but the unit is in and all works except the backup camera and the subs. It's unfortunate I'll have to take it all back out as I missed something with the backup camera connection. This unit does support backup camera for sure. As for the subs not working I don't know yet why becuase I can the powered subs power lights are in but no sound so I'm thinking no signal. Could be either a bad RCA cable, or I connected to the wrong output, but I don't think is the wrong output I remember reading Sub out when I connected the subs RCA. Anyway it's coming out tomorrow. Look above as I'm editing the first post and adding more videos. New ones start at part 10.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Just got the unit all done and everything works now. I added another video part 11 and 12 which is the CD player sync instal and correction made and how to hook up the backup camera. I also found my RCA cable which was new was bad going to the subs, it now works and sounds awsome.

Here is the lastest video of the backup camera connection and antenna.

I'll also add this one I took yesterday when I tested the unit, at the time I didn't realize the subs were not working and only 3 speakers were hooked up. I forgot to attached the leads to the drivers side door speaker, and yes I had pull the door panel today and discovered that. Tomorrow I'll get a better video of the unit working and it's functions.

Last edited:

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...32735080622.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.BDUHsG

I think this is the one that Bloodm1st bought. Seems to be a little cheaper. Any thoughts from you guys? Would it be safer to just get it from Seicane even tho their system is more expensive?
I don't think that's the one he has because his edge controls are vertical and he has a CD changer like mine. This one shows no CD and horizontal control on the bottom of the screen. It looks to have the same alum upper bezel, and not sure about the rest.

Bloodm1st did say his wasn't not advertised with CD player but came with it anyway, who knows. Read the part highlighted in red says no CD.
IMG_0978.jpg

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
yeah... idk lol
Sponsored