Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Since we have the update files, i wonder if theyre decompilable. I would love some custom splash screens ;P

Probably not though, Ford probably signed it.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Now I wish I had carpal or AA :( Really sucks that us "early adopters" of the S550 get left in the cold on this one.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Now I wish I had carpal or AA :( Really sucks that us "early adopters" of the S550 get left in the cold on this one.
I specifically waited to order a 2016, over buying a cheaper, on-the-lot, 2015 because I knew how big of an update SYNC3 would be over MFT, and I knew Android Auto would come to SYNC3. I felt it was worth it.

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I specifically waited to order a 2016, over buying a cheaper, on-the-lot, 2015 because I knew how big of an update SYNC3 would be over MFT, and I knew Android Auto would come to SYNC3. I felt it was worth it.
I've got a 15 and 16, and after one day with AA I've decided to retrofit AA into the 15. For what I want to do with music and maps it's that good.

Sponsored

paulrkiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT premium
I did the exact same thing.

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
I was able to update my 2016 last night. Overall it took about 30 minutes but it looks much better. I still need to get that updated USB port at though to test the Carplay.

Does anyone know a place that has it in stock?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Cool, thanks for the explanation, that makes sense. I can live with not having the front one working. I can always swap for the correct one eventually once the right one gets figured out and made available. I'm just impatient. My dual hub already shipped this afternoon so I'm hoping to do the update on Friday and see how CarPlay works!
How confident are you/we/us that part number will work? I'm super tempted to get one tomorrow too, I can have it here, would be cool for the weekend - but I won't have to have to send it back.

FWIW, not worried about the loss of the front port or the bezel/light color.

:cheers:

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I did the same, waited for a '16. We have a '14 Ford ExSport with MFT and well it SUCKS, way worse than Sync1 in my '12 SHO, way worse. :frusty:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
How confident are you/we/us that part number will work? I'm super tempted to get one tomorrow too, I can have it here, would be cool for the weekend - but I won't have to have to send it back.

FWIW, not worried about the loss of the front port or the bezel/light color.

:cheers:
Based off of keltymd's conversation with their Ford parts guy, it's the part we need, just with a white backlight around the port instead of a blue light. This swap seems to be working on other Fords so I'm pretty confident it'll work. If not I'll just resell it on eBay. Only 53 bucks, worth a shot.

Sponsored

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
I just ordered GJ7Z-19A387, should have tomorrow at some point. Hopefully it works.

Maybe check a junk/salvage yard for 2017 vehicles with sync.

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
cant wait to hear if it works; if so im ordering it too!

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
You can always hit up [MENTION=20927]OEMRadio[/MENTION] for the upgrade to Sync3. It is expensive but well worth it and basically plug and play. I did it and now I have Android Auto in my 2015 Mustang GT Vert plus Sync 3 in and of itself is a huge upgrade over Sync 2/MFT. Carplay would also require a new USB hub; Not sure if OEMRadio has any of those yet or not.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered GJ7Z-19A387, should have tomorrow at some point. Hopefully it works.

Maybe check a junk/salvage yard for 2017 vehicles with sync.
is this the one you ordered with 2 USB ports? why would you need 2?

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Same. I could have saved several thousand dollars, but I wanted Sync 3. MFT sucked.

JR
Sponsored

Reactions: 113