Sponsored

2015-2016 Tech Pack and Base GT350 Cooler Solution Discussion

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Good Lawd, all. I know it's nice to relish in other people's' pain sometimes but since you already have a '17 or something completely different without this problem; there is no other reason for you to read this thread.
My mistake. Thought I hit the Tech and Base Cooler SOLUTION thread and not the Tech and Base Cooler WHINING thread.:headbonk:

Seriously, not relishing in any way and I do not disagree with your pain at all. All (including myself) but a few agree that Ford messed up. But just like you tell your kids, at some point you gotta stop complaining and move on/resolve your feelings in a positive way, make the best of it, quit your bitchin', or whatever else works in the transition to adulthood. Otherwise, you'll be standing out in the street with the other hooligans carrying a protest sign.
Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
My mistake. Thought I hit the Tech and Base Cooler SOLUTION thread and not the Tech and Base Cooler WHINING thread.:headbonk:

Seriously, not relishing in any way and I do not disagree with your pain at all. All (including myself) but a few agree that Ford messed up. But just like you tell your kids, at some point you gotta stop complaining and move on/resolve your feelings in a positive way, make the best of it, quit your bitchin', or whatever else works in the transition to adulthood. Otherwise, you'll be standing out in the street with the other hooligans carrying a protest sign.
When does Ford have to start acting like an adult? Ever?

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
How long have people been getting info from FP that they are "working on a solution"? And it's "4 to 6 weeks away"?

I would like Ford to "shut us up" and give us a viable solution.

Iekgoplot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Agreed to all. I too have a 2016 Tech and would like Ford to own up to their customers (new and loyal) to offer a proper solution. After all, we are the ones that help support the 'next' generation of their vehicles to make them successful. Running my own business, it's not too much as a customer to ask Ford to make an official statement and offer the proper resolution for owners.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Tank, we have all received the same customer experiences--a car that overheats and has no sanctioned solution, despite promises. The only thing that varies, is that some get more interaction with FP as the false promises are made and the non-solutions are offered. The car is a great concept and can be dressed up to look and sound pretty, but Ford is falling short overall.
Yeah, no arguments here Caballus...

Sponsored

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I wonder if the GT350 pacing the NASCAR race today has a transmission cooler?

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Good Lawd, all. I know it's nice to complain sometimes but sell the car already and get a '17 or something completely different.
Okay, give me the 10k I'll lose on my car plus the 10k I'll need to get the new car and I'll happily do so. I've been shopping for an R or even a new 16 Track Pack or a 17 350. That's what it will cost me. The only reason I've decided to go out and shop for a new car is because I can't get a Track Pack transmission for my car (none available) or the "cooler kit" (none available either) and that is the only way I would add the coolers. I'm tiered of hearing you guys comment like this. Yea we all know that we should have known that our Shelby GT350s weren't built to be tracked even though there is a "Track Mode" setting. Wonder what we are supposed to use that for???? Then you go to the Track Attack program (which was awesome by the way) and see how much abuse the Track Pack cars can take and you wonder, how is it my car can't take even 1/100th of that. I could understand if I couldn't beat on my car all day in 100 degree temps on a bad ass road coarse.... I couldn't even beat on my car 10 min on a 70 degree day on a mildly curvy road with only short throttle bursts without going into limp mode.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Good Lawd, all. I know it's nice to complain sometimes but sell the car already and get a '17 or something completely different.
Thanks for the advice. I would love to buy a 2017, but I am short on cash to make the exchange out of pocket, and I don't want a car loan that big. I have considered some other cars, but I'm not ready to go back to a Mustang GT. The GT is a blast at the track, but at this point it's boring for me as a daily driver. There's just nothing else out there that I have found that floats my boat the way the GT350 does. I really wanted to go to an older 911 or an M2, but they aren't as fun to drive as the GT350, IMO. Next spring I might drive the new Camaro if I can find one equipped how I like at a local dealer. I'd also consider the Challenger again. Having been on the track with Challengers, they perform very well for how heavy they are.

As imperfect as the GT350 tech/base cars are - they're actually a really great car for the money. I still haven't driven anything at a similar price that is even close to as fun. Sorry if it bothers you to read this thread. I mostly just post what I am thinking about on any given day, or reply to what others say.

I believe that by the next time I can get to the track (about 6 months from now), there will be a solution from Ford Performance and I will have it on my car. It sucks more for the people in warmer climates. I really feel for them.

TonyJ5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Problem solved!
GT350 Trans Cooler Bottom.jpg
GT350 Trans Cooler Mounted.jpg
GT350 Trans Cooler Therm Temp Sensor.jpg
GT350 Trans Cooler Mounted 2.jpg
GT350 Trans Cooler.jpg

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

Did you vote for Hillary?

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

TonyJ5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Those look like aluminum brackets. Mind if I ask what alloy you used? Any concern about the welds or brackets failing due to flexing/vibration over time? Aluminum doesn't have a distinct fatigue limit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatigue_limit
Not sure what they are made of...my shop did it..they have much experience in the racing industry..

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Problem solved!
I do like this set up. Why Ford can't do it is beyond me.

So it the pump "always on" or is there a power switch installed somewhere on the dash?

Can you hear the pump? If so how noticeable at idle and daily driving?

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I have a dumb question, but why does any manual trans have a concern of overheating, and if it gets up to a certain degrees why does it go into limp mode? I was always under the impression that a manual trans could take heat because it doesnt have anything internally that can get hot enough to destroy? Now autos i can see, but manual? Is this a problem with a gtpp with a mt82 that would be tracked or any car thats manual.:shrug:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Those look like aluminum brackets. Mind if I ask what alloy you used? Any concern about the welds or brackets failing due to flexing/vibration over time? Aluminum doesn't have a distinct fatigue limit.
Fatigue shouldn't be a concern as the brackets are affixed to the body in a localized area and look to be bent where they need to be, sufficiently welded and triangulated. In other words, a well thought out foundation from which to anchor the cooler to.

I have a dumb question, but why does any manual trans have a concern of overheating, and if it gets up to a certain degrees why does it go into limp mode? I was always under the impression that a manual trans could take heat because it doesnt have anything internally that can get hot enough to destroy? Now autos i can see, but manual? Is this a problem with a gtpp with a mt82 that would be tracked or any car thats manual.:shrug:
Most manuals don't sit behind 500+ hp engines that rev to 8200+ rpm. The TR3160 is really being worked when this thing is at full song. An MT82 behind the 5.2 would live a very short life.
Sponsored