mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I'm throwing my hands up with Ford as well. I haven't had problems with this one except for minor mis-build issues (door and kick panel) but it's now been 4 months and they still haven't been able to remedy it. My sales guy keeps telling me the service guy is going to call me to schedule an appointment for one part of it, but it has never happened. They still can't find the P/N for the FP kick plate rather than the GT350 one. When you're dropping the ball on things this basic, it's hard to imagine the effort need to fix the major problems like the cooling issue for customers.

I'm pretty set on going back to Audi for my next car, the only matter is when that happens at this point. Ford has misengineered, mismarketed, miscommunicated and misdirected at every point. The only reason we gave them any slack in the first place is because they appeared to have a well enough performing car to overlook a lot of their inherent problems. But as we're all saying, it's just adding up to too much.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
As you know I own a track pack. But it still pisses me off that FP has yet to bring anything they said to market for a car that's "track capable". Sure it's track capable, but on what size of track? 1/2 mile? Sarcasm is good. But truth is, that's not sarcasm, I'll bet FP still won't have a cooler kit in 6-8 weeks. And who cares then because it'll be WINTER!
My guess is, FP will have a cooler kit next late spring.
Agree on all points + what they've done is a travesty to the Shelby name.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Should have full details and pricing tomorrow
Is it tomorrow yet...?

By taking so long, by the time an FP solution comes, consumers will forget that they are paying extra for the car to perform to what should have been a basic level of capability to begin with.

1. You should have known it can't do more than 15 minutes on the track since it is not a Track Pack...

2. Look at the sentence in the OWNER's supplement that was printed after your order...

3. Yes, it recommends a cooler, but no, we don't make one...

4. Ok, we're making one...you can buy that or just buy a TP transmission and cooler...

5. No, we're not done with the solution yet; 6-8 weeks X 4 or 5...

6. No, we don't have any TP transmissions; we sold both...

But, be happy. The engine sounds awesome, especially if you turn off the fake noise generator...

Ok, back into my cone of silence...

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Hello this is Ford Performance how may I help you?
Yeah we're making a trans diff cooler package. You can't buy it because it's not available. Wait until the next halo mustang comes out and buy that car. By then all the cooling issues will be addressed. Ford builds cars to sell. Not to track race. Sorry it's lunch time and I have to go. Call back in the spring to check on you cars build status.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Thanks for the update [MENTION=12069]Hack[/MENTION]. You must be on the A list - my email from three weeks ago and another follow up one remain unanswered...
I'm not sure about A list, but I can tell you I do think that Michael Robins does a great job of customer service. I sent the first email of the current string on October 28th, then on November 9th I asked why I hadn't gotten a reply. On the 10th Michael sent me a reply, and then a second follow up yesterday evening. I'm very puzzled because Michael seems like a very hard working guy, as do nearly all the people I have interacted with from Ford Performance. IMO there has to be a very serious or difficult underlying issue that they can't share with us.

That doesn't help with my level of frustration, though.

As you know I own a track pack. But it still pisses me off that FP has yet to bring anything they said to market for a car that's "track capable". Sure it's track capable, but on what size of track? 1/2 mile? Sarcasm is good. But truth is, that's not sarcasm, I'll bet FP still won't have a cooler kit in 6-8 weeks. And who cares then because it'll be WINTER!
My guess is, FP will have a cooler kit next late spring.
I appreciate your support. Thank you.

Last edited:

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
think FP will have a Black Friday Sale on Transmission cooler kits?

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Good Lawd, all. I know it's nice to complain sometimes but sell the car already and get a '17 or something completely different.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Good Lawd, all. I know it's nice to complain sometimes but sell the car already and get a '17 or something completely different.
Why should a customer sell a "track ready" car that was promoted to be a "track capable car" ???
Just so when the next buyer goes through the same BS. Used Boss Mustang buyers buy used boss mustangs and track them. So will used Shelby buyers.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Good Lawd, all. I know it's nice to relish in other people's' pain sometimes but since you already have a '17 or something completely different without this problem; there is no other reason for you to read this thread.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I'm not sure about A list, but I can tell you I do think that Michael Robins does a great job of customer service. I sent the first email of the current string on September 28th, then on November 9th I asked why I hadn't gotten a reply. On the 10th Michael sent me a reply, and then a second follow up yesterday evening. I'm very puzzled because Michael seems like a very hard working guy, as do nearly all the people I have interacted with from Ford Performance.
Appreciate the info [MENTION=12069]Hack[/MENTION]. All things considered, I'm not surprised by the 'variable' customer experiences we've experienced..

Unless a miracle of sorts happens, this most likely will be our last Ford.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Tank, we have all received the same customer experiences--a car that overheats and has no sanctioned solution, despite promises. The only thing that varies, is that some get more interaction with FP as the false promises are made and the non-solutions are offered. The car is a great concept and can be dressed up to look and sound pretty, but Ford is falling short overall.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I'm throwing my hands up with Ford as well. I haven't had problems with this one except for minor mis-build issues (door and kick panel) but it's now been 4 months and they still haven't been able to remedy it. My sales guy keeps telling me the service guy is going to call me to schedule an appointment for one part of it, but it has never happened. They still can't find the P/N for the FP kick plate rather than the GT350 one. When you're dropping the ball on things this basic, it's hard to imagine the effort need to fix the major problems like the cooling issue for customers.

I'm pretty set on going back to Audi for my next car, the only matter is when that happens at this point. Ford has misengineered, mismarketed, miscommunicated and misdirected at every point. The only reason we gave them any slack in the first place is because they appeared to have a well enough performing car to overlook a lot of their inherent problems. But as we're all saying, it's just adding up to too much.
I put my name down on a waiting list for the rumored 2018 M2 CSL/LCI. If I move on from Ford, I will either get that or try one more American auto company and get a ZL1 if real reviews are favorable.

But, the GT350 wrecked me on other cars because it is so good. When I wasn't adding oil to the Voodoo it was the most overall fun car I've ever driven. The engine, Magneride and chassis are truly something else on this car. It's really a shame that Ford can't get it together from a quality control, customer service and customer support standpoint. Their corporate culture really sucks from the dealership level all the way up to the corporate level. If they want to remain as one of the top auto companies they need to seriously clean house and start focusing on the customer more. Before they become something like FCA. I'm not just talking from the coolers standpoint as that has sadly been the least of mine and others issues here.

For those saying to just sell and move on (which a lot of us probably will), why can't you also see it from the other side? Ford marketed and has since made a lot of claims and promises about this car that have fallen well short. You may be in our position soon enough with some part of this car and need help as well.......
Sponsored