Sponsored

EB or GT?

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
That's a beautiful car, but it's far past my budget. I was in the 30k bracket and needed the 0%, that's a $40,000++ car, and if you didn't just pay cash, your payments are probably around $500. Mine is $350
Nope my payment's are less than half of yours. :cheers:

But I courtesy traded my paid off 2014 GT Premium Convertible. So I had $30k "cash" going in to the deal.

I still prefer Deep Impact Blue over Lightning Blue. Just really like that deep blue tone. But... I am envious about one thing: DIB is almost as hard to keep clean as a black car. Those with lightning blue probably have less trouble.
I just got rid of my '14 Mustang that was Deep Impact Blue, and I personally much prefer the Lightning Blue. The DIB is on a bunch of other Ford cars... fusions, focus, etc.. and while it looks nice in "medium" lighting. During the day (bright light) it just kind of looked like a dark blue. At night (dark light) it looked kind of purplish.

This Lightning blue pops during the day. It looks like a metallic sparkling blue that you'd see on a Ferrari. Then at night its still a nice rich blue tone... with out looking purple.

My old car for comparison:
attachment.jpg
Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I understand. Mods like "heat extractors" are infinitely more functional.
Cosmetic mods aren't usually purchased for their functionality, tiger. ;) Your argument is invalid.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
This Lightning blue pops during the day. It looks like a metallic sparkling blue that you'd see on a Ferrari. Then at night its still a nice rich blue tone... with out looking purple.
I like the hint of purple tone (hint, mind you), and the deep, dark color you get during full daylight. It looks luxurious.

This is an old pic (before the mods), but it shows that deep tone I like:
12928286_10209561105131124_8303422728495106902_n.jpg

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
And not the best picture quality, but this is her today:
14480501_10211072495354935_1101660616806190026_o.jpg

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
DIB definitely looks purple under certain lighting. My wife loves it because purple is her favorite color. Personally I prefer Lightning Blue but I wouldn't say no to a DIB Mustang. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
DIB definitely looks purple under certain lighting. My wife loves it because purple is her favorite color. Personally I prefer Lightning Blue but I wouldn't say no to a DIB Mustang. :thumbsup:
IMHO, the lighting where it appears purplish comes in two flavors. At night, under fluorescent lighting, and around sunset when it's reflecting the orange sky. Most of the time, it appears solidly blue. Now that old Kona Blue... that appeared purplish much more often, and wasn't to my liking.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Yeah, that's the way of it. However, it's worth noting that the budget enthusiast sweet spot is closer to the GT than the EB. Yes, yes, even with a GT, the GT350 guys will look down on you. But take it from me, having owned both an EB and a GT... you take a lot less sh*t from the community if you go GT. And honestly... for the money, I think the GT is worth it if you can afford it. It's a faster car with a nice sweet sound.

That being said, I don't trash my Mustang brothers with EBs and V6s... I know how it is, man. And unless you're Donald Trump or something, you gotta live on a budget. Gotta weigh the pros and cons and all that sh*t.
34k is a lot to me, I'm poor as shit and barely got away with my 21k V6, now all I hear is people on the internet telling me that I should have gotten a car that is 13k+ more... or get a civic :doh:.

Last year it got to me really bad and even I tried trading in my V6 despite being in a lot of negative equity, the dealer wanted 5k and my payments would rise to 700/mo, I was short like 2k but I and was even willing to max out my credit cards. Had I actually went through with that, holy crap I would have had a 700 monthly car payment all for the sake of avoiding internet peoples insults. :headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
21k, a god damned bargain for a 300hp coupe

MustangPhil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, Magnetic, Black pack, Auto
No way man, if V-6 is what you can afford embrace it. Looks wise it's basically the same. Just get rid of the funny looking tires. Maybe some 18-19" wheels. The stock interior is the same as a stock GT so your living space is the same. NA will be reliable for years to come. Love what you got.

I'd rather have a V-6 mustang than a civic ANYDAY.

Sponsored

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
No way man, if V-6 is what you can afford embrace it. Looks wise it's basically the same. Just get rid of the funny looking tires. Maybe some 18-19" wheels. The stock interior is the same as a stock GT so your living space is the same. NA will be reliable for years to come. Love what you got.

I'd rather have a V-6 mustang than a civic ANYDAY.

+2

Everyone likes the sound of their drum, but we all have to remember
that we like the Mustang no matter what's under the hood.

Embrace the V6 now and enjoy it, maybe down the road you will move up to the V8, Live for today, everyday you wake up is a good day.

Peace

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
34k is a lot to me, I'm poor as shit and barely got away with my 21k V6, now all I hear is people on the internet telling me that I should have gotten a car that is 13k+ more... or get a civic :doh:. :headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:
I hear you. Back in January of '15 my budget was $25K max. The thing is, I can't stand a Mustang that's not V8. I love the V8 rumble and exhaust note, so I went for a S197. My 2010 was $22,999 and brought them down to $19,600. I also wanted to own the 4.6L before the 5.0 because of its exhaust note from factory which one of the best around. It also had the color I wanted and the track pack, so to me it was a no brainer vs a bare bones V6 S550. So far so good, it's a real head turner. I get all sorts of compliments and some people don't believe me it's a 2010.
My decision was based on my desire for a V8 engine more than anything. I'm the type of person that prefers an older design that's loaded vs a bare bones current design.
Your decision has been made and you have to learn to live with it at least for another couple of years until your trade-in value and payoff start to level off. Congrats on not maxing your cards. Worse thing you can do. Enjoy what you have. Two years go by fairly fast.

Last edited:

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
34k is a lot to me, I'm poor as shit and barely got away with my 21k V6, now all I hear is people on the internet telling me that I should have gotten a car that is 13k+ more... or get a civic :doh:.

Last year it got to me really bad and even I tried trading in my V6 despite being in a lot of negative equity, the dealer wanted 5k and my payments would rise to 700/mo, I was short like 2k but I and was even willing to max out my credit cards. Had I actually went through with that, holy crap I would have had a 700 monthly car payment all for the sake of avoiding internet peoples insults. :headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:
Man, you're not the only one.. I too was thinking about maxing out my CC to make at 5-7k down payment.

It's rough with no equity let alone neg equity. Even so, I might not even get approved for the GT that I want.. which was a base PP with Recaros. TTL is 3-3.5k so that killed me..

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Whatever you do just live within your means. Screw what other people say on the internet.

I think I have a good (Real) scenario to use as an example.

A little background info, I graduated college about a year and a half ago, immediately good job with a nice starting salary. After working and making sure my finances were set I was ready to buy my GT. Car came out to 35k + TTT, put half down and have nice low monthly payments. New car is awesome, got it early into the s550's life so I felt pretty cool, happy with my purchase, still love the car and have loved putting some money into it to make it even better. No complaints life is good.

My friend Nick had a 2012 Dodge challenger r/t, and after eating some dust for a couple months decided he wanted to get a new GT. My friend is still in college, working part time as a valet. He ended up trading in his challenger, and getting a used GT for slightly over 30k + TTT. He loves his new GT, but after like a month I noticed something was wrong so we talked a bit. Since his Challenger was financed, when he sold it he lost about $500. Nothing was wrong with his Challenger, he just wanted a new GT. Put nothing down on the GT, doesn't have good credit..... Now pays over $700 monthly (Over like 84 freaking months!) +over $300 for insurance.... He's basically paying as much for his car as he was for rent.... and hes not making much. Literally all of his money is used to cover his expenses. So while he loves his new GT, he wishes he would have never done it.

So basically purchasing a new GT, if its out of your budget and will mess with your finances may not be a great idea. I have seen first hand how getting tunnel vision and purchasing something you really want but cant exactly afford has diminished the joy you should get from your car. I had been saving for a GT, and actually could have gotten a much nicer one, but decided on the middle ground between what I want and what I want to spend. I love mustangs, so for me if i had 20k I would purchase and older GT over a new v6, but either way just make the decision that you are comfortable with. No need to worry about what others will say.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Nope my payment's are less than half of yours. :cheers:

But I courtesy traded my paid off 2014 GT Premium Convertible. So I had $30k "cash" going in to the deal.

I just got rid of my '14 Mustang that was Deep Impact Blue, and I personally much prefer the Lightning Blue. The DIB is on a bunch of other Ford cars... fusions, focus, etc.. and while it looks nice in "medium" lighting. During the day (bright light) it just kind of looked like a dark blue. At night (dark light) it looked kind of purplish.

My old car for comparison:
attachment.jpg
Makes me sick to look at that. Love that color and the wheels.
Sponsored