Sponsored

Decrease tramlining! Steeda G Brace works!

slc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Glad to see others have a tramlining problem with the R, thought it might just be my car. I've had the alignment checked twice. The toe was out from the factory, having that corrected helped but it still tramlines worse than any car I've owned (think mid 80's 911 turbo cab). I have the bar on order as well, hoping for the same positive results.

I also don't buy that tramlining is a given just because of the tires (either size or grip), I've driven a number of cars with similar tire set-ups with no tramlining what so ever.
Sponsored

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
Glad to see others have a tramlining problem with the R, thought it might just be my car. I've had the alignment checked twice. The toe was out from the factory, having that corrected helped but it still tramlines worse than any car I've owned (think mid 80's 911 turbo cab). I have the bar on order as well, hoping for the same positive results.

I also don't buy that tramlining is a given just because of the tires (either size or grip), I've driven a number of cars with similar tire set-ups with no tramlining what so ever.
What other cars have 305 up front?

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Understood... I can honestly say that I've had performance cars in the past that had OEM rubber replaced with a more aggressive tire and encountered tramlining... But those are my experiences.

slc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
What other cars have 305 up front?
Understood... I can honestly say that I've had performance cars in the past that had OEM rubber replaced with a more aggressive tire and encountered tramlining... But those are my experiences.
Good points. I'll retract my statement to "tires shouldn't make a car tramline this bad".

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Hmmm... So, I, or Steeda, has to explain something to you before you accept the fact that this part helps resolve an issue with tramlining?

Other than Stanglife, have you naysayers driven an R, yet alone a 350 with the same rubber as the R? If not, then it's hard for you to understand what we who have are up against.

More people who try the brace will most likely agree it helps with reducing tramlining... Reason why?... I think you have already seen why... It ties the subframes together and stiffens the bottom end of the car. I don't see what's so hard to believe there...

I'm glad you feel good about the part and I'd never tell YOU what YOU feel in the car. I'm just naturally skeptical and to me, even the advertised area of the car that this part is supposed to stiffen isn't related to the characteristics that cause tramlining. If someone said that a rubber steering component was replaced with something more firm and that helped tramlining, I MIGHT be a little more inclined to jump on board.

You know Ford realized that these tires will tramline. The chassis is already amazingly stiff to accomplish what it does - I'd like to think that if there was some magical weak link that resolved tramlining, the engineers there would have been all over it.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Hmmm... No one ever said there was a weak link. I guess the biggest difference between your opinion and mine is that my butt has been in the seat of a car with and without the part.

I speak from experience...

I'm not trying to proselytize you on a part, I just offered an opinion to the guys on the forum to try something that made my car much more enjoyable to drive on public roads. A racecar on the streets has much different handling characteristics than a racecar on a prepared track. I get that... How bout you?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Hmmm... No one ever said there was a weak link. I guess the biggest difference between your opinion and mine is that my butt has been in the seat of a car with and without the part.

I speak from experience...

I'm not trying to proselytize you on a part, I just offered an opinion to the guys on the forum to try something that made my car much more enjoyable to drive on public roads. A racecar on the streets has much different handling characteristics than a racecar on a prepared track. I get that... How bout you?
Hey - If you're happy, I'm happy! ;)

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
Any Updates/New installs on this item??

I anticipate an upcoming oil change in the next month and figure that while I have the car up, it would be a good time to install this. For $80, it's worth the try and I respect Steeda's reputation so I have no doubts there will be some improvement.

Looks like a few guys said they were going to do this, but no updates from anyone, did this die out? Is this worth the buy/As great as the OP indicated?

Update: For anyone interested, Steeda has these on Sale now for $68! I couldn't pass it up. : )

Last edited:

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Thanks for the reminder on the Steeda sale. Ordered one today as well (plus a few other items to get the free shipping). I already have the clutch spring. For those that don't, it's a good time to order that as well.

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
My gf just got me the brace and jacking rails as an early birthday present because of the sale. Thanks!
Sponsored