Sponsored

Decrease tramlining! Steeda G Brace works!

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
If the brace made a difference in the way the car feels to you that's a win no matter how you classify it. I'll say this, my recent addition of 6GR wheels has had me wondering where the tramlining I had before went to. I went with a 305 up front as opposed to the 295 the car came with. I immediately noticed a difference with the fatter Continentals over the narrower Michelin tires. Tread design? Compound? Size? Any combination of the aforementioned? I can't pin it down. On it's face I'd have guessed that the tramlining would have gotten slightly worse.

But I feel a difference, much like you.
MPSS are infamous for tramlining.
Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
That sucks to hear but I guess in the end its still a mustang.
It happens to every brand. Both my M3 and M4 had rattles/creeks. My M4 wasn't bad, but my M3 was worse than my GT350 is.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
It happens to every brand. Both my M3 and M4 had rattles/creeks. My M4 wasn't bad, but my M3 was worse than my GT350 is.
Crank up the tunes, roll down the windows, sport mode. It hides the rattles nicely ;)

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I never noticed any tramlining on my stock wheels/tires until I switched over to the 6G R-Spec wheels and R-Spec Cup 2's. I was talking with fuhrius a while back when he mentioned the tramming in his R. Now I know what he was talking about!! If this brace fixes that, then I'll spend the $80 something for it. I wouldn't want to "mask" some other issue though.

The GT350 tramlines and the R takes it to a whole 'nother level. I assume this is just because of the Cup2s. It is definitely on my to do list.
I hate to say it like this as I can't imagine an R needing anything more in the suspension department but it shores up the front end nicely. The car is more taught on transistions from one lane to the next.

I can't explain more, but maybe David from Steeda will come along and explain it in detail.
I have a feeling that if you have really bad tramlining, your toe alignment may be off. My '16 pulled really hard but my '17 over the same roads is nearly completely neutral. They didn't change components between years, I just think the factory alignment probably has a tighter spec and/or they're more competent now.
my toe was pretty bad from the factory. I had it aligned properly and noticed better manners but my car still tramlines like an SOB. Frankly, i don't mind it...it's part of the car's charm ;-)
I'm of the same opinion. Tramlining is a result of tires and/or alignment. This brace has an impact on neither. One could argue that it minimizes flex under certain dynamic conditions and that impacts the alignment. Bump steer is the more likely culprit under those conditions (when tires aren't defective, alignment isn't out of whack, etc).
^^ Agreed.
Well, guys, idk what to tell you. Without any alignment changes, my car doesn't tram or wander 80% as bad as it did.

Someone in here had said their car stopped tramlining after adding the brace so I figured I'd try it for $80 and I'm glad I did.
MPSS are infamous for tramlining.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I don't understand how a bar reduces the car's wheels tendency to follow the contours in the surface of the road.

Liter of cola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Daily)12' vw jetta, (incoming)17' shelby gt350
The idea of this brace helping tramlining is simple, more rigidity equals less flex which in turn keeps your alignment in order in situations where lumpy roads would have otherwise caused the front end to flex in a way that affects your alignment.

That is the concept here.

Also, dont knock it till you try it.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The idea of this brace helping tramlining is simple, more rigidity equals less flex which in turn keeps your alignment in order in situations where lumpy roads would have otherwise caused the front end to flex in a way that affects your alignment.

That is the concept here.

Also, dont knock it till you try it.
Not knocking it. I understand tightening the frame up as helping with body flex. I just see the front wheels as designed to turn, making that the reason for tramlining.

I'm a novice to this so...Take that with a grain of salt

Liter of cola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Daily)12' vw jetta, (incoming)17' shelby gt350
I may buy one for my friends s550 5.0. He's running gt350 replica's with 295/35/19 mpss fronts and he has pretty bad tramlining. If it makes a differance on his car i'll definatley be getting one for my shelby.

GT350/BT55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Conv Pack Avalanche White Stripe
How many miles on your tires?

I notice that tires always need a run in period. After that they settle down a lot. So if the tramlining is on tires w less than 1000 miles - maybe run them in a little more. Maybe whatever ills exist will calm down some. I have about 600 miles now and will withhold judgement for a while. Right now, yes, it does tramline. I found going from an Audi A5 (they have their own odd steering characteristics), the GT350 mustang feels a little disconnected and or numb. But on the other hand the level of grip is beyond belief. The first thing I felt in the 350 was it was like driving a 526 HP brick. I don't mean that in a bad way either. It was just strange to dive into corners, apply heavy braking, etc, and not have any perceivable body roll - at all.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Not to be a downer, but I always wonder why Ford (or any manufacturer) would overlook something this cheap and simple if it improves the car so much. I always wonder if it will do some harm to other components over time. That being said, I may look into it.
There has to be quantitative data to prove their is an improvement before millions are spent on engineering a component.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] Can you chime in on this topic and maybe provide more feedback on this and why it reduced the tramlining?

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
If the brace made a difference in the way the car feels to you that's a win no matter how you classify it. I'll say this, my recent addition of 6GR wheels has had me wondering where the tramlining I had before went to. I went with a 305 up front as opposed to the 295 the car came with. I immediately noticed a difference with the fatter Continentals over the narrower Michelin tires. Tread design? Compound? Size? Any combination of the aforementioned? I can't pin it down. On it's face I'd have guessed that the tramlining would have gotten slightly worse.

But I feel a difference, much like you.
contis tramline very little, I went to a 305/325 setup and it is all but gone. Softer sidewalls I suspect.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
I love this Steeda mod on my 350 it has help Stiffen up the front end. Thanks Steeda! :cheers:
All I have to say is this Steeda Mod helps the this 350 I also had Steeda G-Track Brace on my GT and you can feel the difference with The Steeda G-Brace on the car. OK so you have the Ford Performance Strut Brace on the top end of the car to take out body flex, so I feel this Steeda G-Brace Is doing the same for the bottom end of the car. If you take time to study how this Steeda G-Brace is bolted to the bottom end, I truly believe it's helping the bottom end. Maybe Someone at Steeda can can jump in and explain more on how this helps your car....... :ford: cheers:

And if and when I buy another Mustang I'd have the Steeda G-Brace on that car to guys.... :thumbsup:

elitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
LOL. My brand spanking new Porsche used to squeak so loud that it was embarrassing. I couldn't believe it.

Now, I've owned 2 F10 M5's and no squeaks rattles or anything. It was very well built.
Sponsored