Sponsored

Sai Li fuel system thread

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
For some reason I thought JPC's kit was $1100.
their budget is 1449, 8 feed 6 return

our complete 100% fore is 8 feed, 8 return for $1395
Sponsored

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Turbo kit = Sai

Blower kit = Fore

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
^^^Reds197. Why Sai for a turbo and Fore for a blower? I'm new to Fi, so please excuse the question. thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
zaquhree

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
^^^Reds197. Why Sai for a turbo and Fore for a blower? I'm new to Fi, so please excuse the question. thanks
Less demand on the kit for fuel

For a blower you need a BAP to make 850+ on his kit. BAP should take it too 900-950rwhp

5.0 Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
do you have any pics of the install ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
zaquhree

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
I do! Installing BAP tomorrow per Kelly's advice if I don't blow myself up.

OP
OP
zaquhree

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT

Tapping to the two wires after the relay. Purple and White are power and you run those into the 12v power to BAP and the orange wire is 18.6v which plumbs back into the purple and white to power the bumps with increased voltage

OP
OP
zaquhree

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
well as I said I would update this.

Fuel pump died, not sure how or why but one pump is dead. The only thing I can think of is the BAP killed one but that is quite perplexing since GT500's run 20v BAP with no issues yes in less than a week I killed one with a 18.6v BAP....

Not sure what to do next. Lick my wounds and sell it to go Fore or replacement of the pumps...

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..

Fuel pump died, not sure how or why but one pump is dead. The only thing I can think of is the BAP killed one but that is quite perplexing since GT500's run 20v BAP with no issues yes in less than a week I killed one with a 18.6v BAP....

Not sure what to do next. Lick my wounds and sell it to go Fore or replacement of the pumps...
I'm not clear on this . You are running 18.6 volts all the time or is it like my JMS plug and play that hooks to the gas pedal and only goes to 18v when I hit half throttle ? Seems like running at 18.6 all the time would not be a good thing for the pump or pumps ? :confused:

OP
OP
zaquhree

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
I'm not clear on this . You are running 18.6 volts all the time or is it like my JMS plug and play that hooks to the gas pedal and only goes to 18v when I hit half throttle ? Seems like running at 18.6 all the time would not be a good thing for the pump or pumps ? :confused:

People run these pumps at 20v all the time since they're an OEM pump

Just luck of the draw although I'm the third person that has lost a pump to this issue with this setup

Sponsored

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
People run these pumps at 20v all the time since they're an OEM pump

Just luck of the draw although I'm the third person that has lost a pump to this issue with this setup
Do you think it has anything to do with running E85 or are you seeing guys running 93 pump gas killing pumps also ? I have to say all this talk of killing pumps using a BAP does worry me a bit ..

My tuner looked at my data logs from the track and this is what he told me

Tune looked good. Shift points need to be raised a bit but we can do that next time I see you

https://www.facebook.com/#

But the car seems to be running short on fuel past 7k

It starts to add fuel on the trims meaning is close on fuel system

My question is why I'm running out of fuel at 640 HP with a BAP and ID1000 injectors and others make more HP than me are not running out of fuel ? Just seems strange to me ..:shrug:

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4

Wow, thanks for updating us. You just made my decision a lot easier.

5.0 Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
There's someone on this board recently with a Fore system that had a pump puke out quick as well I'm not sure what the cause is but I don't think the BAP is to blame.

Last edited:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
This is why i dont use baps. If you need to run more then a 1-2 volt increase your better off getting a larger pump. There are still plenty of gt500 owners that kill their pumps. Im an ex 14 owner, it happens to them. Not sure where you heard its not. A bap is not a long term reliable solution for somone racing often. For the person that doesnt beat on their car much it will live a longer time since its not seeing the increased voltage often. There will be the occasional persons pump that lives awhile with beating on the car often but its not the norm. Also the term beating on the car often seems to be a subjective thing. Some will claim they beat it often, but actually only floor it once or twice a week for one gear. How thats often or really beating on it is beyond me. :lol: It costs money to do things right. Its worth peoples time and money to not have to redo things.

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Thanks for updating man! sorry for the aggravation
Sponsored