Sponsored

Catch can and warranty

jrpla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Hi;

I am reading many issues recently with Catch Cans, I am planning in buying a new Mishimoto Catch can, will that void my warranty?

Thanks;
Sponsored

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Hi;

I am reading many issues recently with Catch Cans, I am planning in buying a new Mishimoto Catch can, will that void my warranty?

Thanks;
Catch Cans is up for debate. I personally don't think it will void the warranty. I would say its up to the dealer.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
It did not void mine. In fact when they rebuilt the engine they reconnected the catch can.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
It did not void mine. In fact when they rebuilt the engine they reconnected the catch can.
Did they ever determine the cause? I just find it odd how everyone is not given the same treatment.

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Did they ever determine the cause? I just find it odd how everyone is not given the same treatment.
That is because warranty and service is treated on a per dealer basis. So it all depends on who you get to deal with. I always suggest that in your area you ask around if you have multiple dealers. Some are more lenient than others.

Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Okay folks - simply adding ANYTHING to your car will not "void the warranty", however it MAY result in a warranty claim being denied. If the dealer/manufacturer believes the non-standard part caused the failure they can deny the claim and you may have to fight to prove the mod did not.

They cannot "void your warranty", please stop propagating that myth. :headbonk::headbonk:

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Other than telling me what caused all the damage, rod #1 breaking and a spark plug breaking, no.

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Okay folks - simply adding ANYTHING to your car will not "void the warranty", however it MAY result in a warranty claim being denied. If the dealer/manufacturer believes the non-standard part caused the failure they can deny the claim and you may have to fight to prove the mod did not.

They cannot "void your warranty", please stop propagating that myth. :headbonk::headbonk:
That is true, look up Magnuson-Moss ACT.

akl777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Akhil
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Ecobeast PP 2016
That is true, look up Magnuson-Moss ACT.
Can we just take the catch can off and restore everything to normal and then take it to the dealer incase something goes wrong ?

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ive had 2 separate dealers ENCOURAGE me to install my UPR DVCC.

Damndave

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Hi;

Thanks;
Just take it off before you go to the dealer if you are that worried, there's no way to tell if you had one installed or not.
Sponsored