FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The orange I circled, I put sound dampening material on that, since the little hose is resting on it, the previous hose that I removed to install catch can, had a zip tie poke pin thing that went into that and secured it.

havnt had any knock registered since I did it, so I think it was bumping it under wot or something.
IMG_1697.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I did not gut anything, ford perf ones aren't supposed to gut the PCV from what I read, its the passenger though that is causing this new cel, the p04db-00

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Is the code you're looking at a stored code that wasn't cleared? You have to clear them or they stay there for diagnosis.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Is the code you're looking at a stored code that wasn't cleared? You have to clear them or they stay there for diagnosis.
pretty sure its new, but I did clear it so if it comes back

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
The orange I circled, I put sound dampening material on that, since the little hose is resting on it, the previous hose that I removed to install catch can, had a zip tie poke pin thing that went into that and secured it.

havnt had any knock registered since I did it, so I think it was bumping it under wot or something.
IMG_1697.JPG
I'm confused about how a hose touching something could cause engine knock.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I'm confused about how a hose touching something could cause engine knock.
The knock never happened again Idk

could of been bad tank of fuel to be honest

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I was having problems with my 16gt with the check engine light and the purge valve code. If I'm not mistaken someone on one of the threads said clean the area where the nozzle goes. Maybe it was @ice445. I did that 3 weeks ago and the check engine light hasn't came back on after fill ups. I didn't have to replace it even though it's something cheap and easy to do. :like:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I was having problems with my 16gt with the check engine light and the purge valve code. If I'm not mistaken someone on one of the threads said clean the area where the nozzle goes. Maybe it was @ice445. I did that 3 weeks ago and the check engine light hasn't came back on after fill ups. I didn't have to replace it even though it's something cheap and easy to do. :like:
Glad that worked for you. That's the easy cap's main flaw compared to a normal style.
Sponsored