Sponsored

on3performance twin turbo kit

Tetsubo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP TT
I'm waiting for this kit to finally release. I am going to also have Sai setup a fuel system for me. This is the only thing I'm missing though.
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
on3 customer dyno

I am posting the results of my dyno yesterday not to bench race but to look for advice.
I completely get the dyno is only a tuning tool but since tracks are closed and the roads are frozen this is my only option at this time to het WOT logs

I have a return fuel system and had a tune for E70 with E75(tested in the tank)
I have an Eboost controller set to about 9 ps(it read more on the dyno monitor)and had the electric cut outs(pre muffler) open.

First few pulls were decent but then operator car started breaking up so
regapped the plugs and try again but things got worse and throwing codes0300,0301 and 0304 as we tried to increase boost

My tuner said it looked the fuel trims were not responding and stuck at 1.0. He thought it could be bad 02 wide bands.
Car has never had leaded race gas .Cat currently had under 4000 miles

I am going to order a set but want o see if there are other possibilities I can look for before redoing.
I am going to look at how the cutouts/boost controller is wired in case it may be causing power draw affecting the sensors.

S550FTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
There is nothing wrong with on3 if you understand what you're doing. Safe to say you'll need to use your head and upgrade a few things generally couplers and V bands but considering the price difference I'd do it. Would upgrade the wastegates a well

Sponsored

Tetsubo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP TT
If I ever get a kit, I'll be aiming pretty high.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
If the only thing they copied in China was an oil cap design, I'd say that's a win!

There's no patent on most automotive parts, so it's fair game.
I am sure you are not suggesting he copied your design .
He had a design soon after he picked up the car in Dec 2014.
Prototype parts were on the car in March .
At least he has car in a customers possession that can be tested independently
FYI he now has an auto car that he will be pushing to extremes.
He too is quite the track rat so he will have track times that customers will be able to compare to other TT's.
Like I said I posted dyno looking for some advice .

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you looking for 850hp with the On3 setup?
My goal is to run a high 9 with whatever power that gets me there shifting the MT82.
If it breaks I will swap in a Tremec.
I am willing to push the stock block to 800 rwhp if that is what it takes .

If I need more power , I will build the block that came out of my Hellion car with just internals and push that up to 900rwhp which is the limit of my fuel system anyway .

Tetsubo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP TT
They are taking orders at the moment now. I've ordered mine with the 61mm journals.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
yep kits are available for order.

i'm told the last container with parts should be arriving in about 3 weeks. but i've been telling customers late march shipping to be safe

let us know if you'd like to get an order in

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
First few pulls were decent but then operator car started breaking up so
regapped the plugs and try again but things got worse and throwing codes0300,0301 and 0304 as we tried to increase boost

My tuner said it looked the fuel trims were not responding and stuck at 1.0. He thought it could be bad 02 wide bands.
Car has never had leaded race gas .Cat currently had under 4000 miles

I am going to order a set but want o see if there are other possibilities I can look for before redoing.
I am going to look at how the cutouts/boost controller is wired in case it may be causing power draw affecting the sensors.

Bad O2 sensors that were sending lambda 1.0 to the ECM? So for him to conclude they are bad he had another independent wideband in the exhaust with another reading?

If he didn't have an independent wideband sniffing the exhaust and you are running 1.0 then that's what the tune is calling for. There are a ton of torque control tables that if he got them wrong the ECM might not be entering WOT mode so instead it's running in another mode and running 1.0 instead of the WOT lambda you are expecting.

He needs to log torque source and fuel source to ensure the ECM is running in WOT mode. Tuning for a FI on these motors requires more knowledge than I have, but hopefully he's already covered what I pointed out.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man.
Really appreciate your input.
The car was being remotely tuned.

The dyno operator usually runs an independent wideband sensor, which may explain why he did not think it was due to bad sensors( I will have to go back and compare the logs to the DRF file with wideband sensor reading of AFR).
He thought it was something else as the car was misfiring(there were several misfire codes) more after he regapped the plugs to 0.019 as he was instructed(I have never heard of gaps being gapped so close).He said he rechecked the plugs and they were fine.
When I picked up the car and drove it back to my guy at Ford the car was breaking up at only partial throttle. He found one of the plugs was fouled, so he replaced all of them with a set of Brisk plugs that were colder than the ones on there before.

I also had a scare as he found low compression on cylinder 8 with the computer test(yikes!!) but car passed manual compression test and runs fine(phew!).

Not been back to dyno but will update thread when I do.

rredd14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2018 GT A10
yep kits are available for order.

i'm told the last container with parts should be arriving in about 3 weeks. but i've been telling customers late march shipping to be safe

let us know if you'd like to get an order in
What's the cost of the kit with BB turbos? Does the kit come with a boosta pump and injectors?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's the cost of the kit with BB turbos? Does the kit come with a boosta pump and injectors?
The base kit is $4500.
The BB upgrade is $650(55 or 61) and injector are $860.
I don't think he sells BAP.
With a custom Sai tune and X4($750) tuner it comes to $6759.
You can go to his website (I don't think links are allowed here-and I agree since he is not a paying sponsor)
I apologize if what I posted is against rules.
Sponsored