Sponsored

on3performance twin turbo kit

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Made 610 at the wheels on 7.5 psi
See on3 Instagram for video
Super excited .
Sponsored

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Any updates?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Well, finally got the car back.

Chad has really worked hard at this and I am very pleased with the fit and finish.

He understood I really wanted to drive it before winter so he drove all night to

drop it off(on a trailer) and did not get here till 2 am.

Car is 99.5 % finished but he is waiting on a few couplers I need to run the

tubing from the turbos to the filters behind the grill.

I drove the car a bit but did not get in to boost as roads are still slick.It drives

very smooth and stock like(remote tuned by Sai on 7 lb). Chad said it made 610

with the journal bearing turbos-now have the ceramic BB.

Compared to the Hellion car it feels a lot lighter and nimble and I am guessing

due to less weight upfront(It did not drop like the Hellion kit).

I am going to swap concave 18 AMR wheels I prefer (I know they are heavier)

wrapped in taller MT ET R's(305/45)-since I like the rake with the taller rear tires

Car has 3.31 rear end so I get to play with different gearing (I have 28 inch

Hoosier slicks for drag racing and the SVT wheel shown are

are 27.9 per MT but 27.4 per usual calculations)

I parked it before it started to snow(not going to drive it in rain/snow without the

filters) but the weather is looking good for this weekend so I am looking forward

to getting my boost on.

The exhaust has a nice tone(I have the Gibson 3 inch cat back) and is louder

outside the car than in it.ZERO drone.The waste gates are dumped to

atmosphere and I may route them back into the exhaust(if it is too loud after i

add small resonators to the X pipe to tone it down a bit).

He also installed a lot of my parts free of charge including most of the steed IRS

parts,one piece drive shaft,800 HP axles,Viking shocks(feels real stiff so looks like

I need to adjust),Blow fish bracket.I have an MGW sitting in a box in my

garage(wanted to see how the blow fish bracket felt first) and the RXT clutch out

of my 12 after its auto swap- before racing in Spring.

Also considering a Magnum swap eventually or building the MT82.

I also have a block out the Hellion car I will be building and will get my E85 fuel

system this winter(want to make a few passes in spring as is first).

Hopefully I will have the stock block intact for sale(or to keep as a spare)

I did not take pictures of underneath the car since it is not quite done(will do

later) but the intercooler piping to the throttle body looks real nice.The charge

pipe from the turbos to the intercooler is also real nice(and shinny).It is 2 -2.5

inches running

through the suspension then 3 before the intercooler-All these detail are better

explained on his website.

[/URL][/IMG]

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack
Hmm, I'm interested to see how it holds up

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Sponsored

S550 KID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium pp
Nice, ive been waiting for this to come out. :cheers:

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
Turbos gravity drain? Scavenge pump? Will this be a quicker install than a top mount kit?

Sponsored

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
After SBD thread I started looking into these kits. It took 1 phone call to them and the guy I spoke to seemed like me calling was a bother to him. I asked questions about the kit and his answers were limited. I asked if I could speak to someone that knew more and he replied im the main guy we been here 7 years. Needles to say he was clueless. so between that and the china parts I don't recommend anyone run this setup

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
After SBD thread I started looking into these kits. It took 1 phone call to them and the guy I spoke to seemed like me calling was a bother to him. I asked questions about the kit and his answers were limited. I asked if I could speak to someone that knew more and he replied im the main guy we been here 7 years. Needles to say he was clueless. so between that and the china parts I don't recommend anyone run this setup
Hopefully this and sbd kit will be out soon. I wouldn't rush to judgement over one phone call. I called a vendor once that everyone praises on here and he wasn't that friendly to me so maybe caught them at a bad time. Hopefully these kits will come soon so everyone can decide what they want.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Let time and result speak for itself.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
;)
Turbos gravity drain? Scavenge pump? Will this be a quicker install than a top mount kit?
Has scavenger pump.
My Hellion kit took 24 hours and this will most certainly be less(I think like the SBD and other low mounted turbo kits)

I don't really have a dog in this fight(if there is one?)-kit is free plus tuning cost and I also have a car with the Hellion kit- like some vendors may have but I assume all the low mounted kits are going to have similar design-so hope there are no claims of "copying"
-Chad had started developing this Kit Dec 2014 way before SBD started in spring.

I guess the difference in the end come down to quality of parts / fit and finish and performance(which I suspect will be similar and dependent on tuning).I can say Chad himself has been great. It was frustrating at times not having the car for so long,but the guy is quite OCD and I know when it comes to designing stuff like this, that is an asset.

This car is a manual, all stock engine/fuel system(except for 47lb injectors),making 7lbs of boost so don't expect similar performance to the SBD/Hellion kit........... for now.
Future plans include a built block/OPG/Fuel system/E85/transmission upgrade but I am sure how fast it goes will be still limited by " driver mod"-which sadly I don't have much off.....but I know some one who does.;);)
Definitely no plans for autoswap like I did on my 12(it is now fast, has run 9's but like my Hellion car is boring when driven on the street)
Sponsored