Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V-6

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I agree! Why does a V-8 Mustang need sound piped into cabin???
Answer is, it doesn't. Trash the fugly pipe. ;)

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
A more personal sound generation experience...I love it!
You could also drill holes in the mufflers and drive around without a windshield at it will give you a much higher sound experience. ;)

Kidding, kidding… If you like it that is fine, want to buy mine for a spare when I remove it? :)

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
You could also drill holes in the mufflers and drive around without a windshield at it will give you a much higher sound experience. ;)

Kidding, kidding… If you like it that is fine, want to buy mine for a spare when I remove it? :)
Amusing :)

As I think folks have seen, this is not a Ford-only move. There are a few other cars out there with sound routing.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Amusing :)

As I think folks have seen, this is not a Ford-only move. There are a few other cars out there with sound routing.
And imho they are as equally cheesy as Ford. The worst are the ones that pipe sound through the speakers to augment engine noise. Again, I'm not trying to offend, just stating my position on the tube. Some will enjoy it and that is fine. Maybe I can make a musical instrument out of mine and sell it on ebay. ;)

To each their own they say. :D

Nate408

Threads
Reaction score
What's interesting about this is how it seems relatively isolated to high end manufacturers. Porsche's "Sound Symposer", VW's "Soundaktor", BMW's whole sound through the speakers deal, Lexus's LFA has the system as well.

Sponsored

Jonny11Quest

Threads
Reaction score
Sequential turn signals = gone.

I'm one of a small handful of people who sincerely dislike the sequential turn signals. Assuming the euro-spec version is without these, I'm hoping I can simply swap them out.

Winter wheels and tires will be on the short list. Sound tube delete. Still thinking..

GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V-6
Disabling the sequential turns should be a matter of programming, no need to swap taillights. That begs a question though. Is there a cable or software that Ford uses to make changes to items like this, remove seatbelt chime, etc? On my Audi I have VAG-COM program and cable and have made numerous changes with it along with seeing fault codes, resetting service intervals, etc.

Jonny11Quest

Threads
Reaction score
With the current gen, a couple forums talked about disabling the sequential turns and it was a headache. Splicing wiring and ending up with electronic gremlins. Weird stuff happening with flashers, brakes, etc. If the 2015s are simply programming, that would be great. Otherwise if euro-spec has inset amber turns, I'd prefer those anyway. This is beyond comprehension to some, but like said before, to each their own.

Good question about seatbelt chimes, startup gauge sweeps, etc. Not sure.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
CAI and/or tune. Preferably I would like a combo kit from Ford or a Ford approved source so my warranty wouldn't be in jeopardy.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Wheels and Springs (if needed, I don't like super low). Drive it about 8 months and supercharger. And dial up the boost. Current ride is 585whp, I'd like to top 600 through stock exhaust.
Sponsored