what will your first mid be?

• Total voters

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
So!!! There's no question that most of you guys are in the same boat as me. I want a new Mustang. The thing is, I don't want mine to stay stock. And I'm sure that I'm not the only one here. My question is, what will your first mod be?

For me, it would definitely be an exhaust system. Then a CAI and a tune. All for the sound.

So what will it be guys?
Sponsored

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Torn between wheels, and exhaust...both make you feel good but in different ways. Decision will hinge on how good stock exhaust sounds....

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
1 - Lower it
2 - Add an exhaust......a Borla S-Type
3 - Wheels.....20x9 up front 20x10 out back

:)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Paint that hideous body colored diffusor insert charcoal

Sponsored

Spart302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT350R
For me it depends on how long it takes the aftermarket to make good stuff

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
For me it depends on how long it takes the aftermarket to make good stuff
Which brings up an interesting point. When would the like of Roush, Saleen etc get their hands on S550? Assuming they haven't already.

rikb53

Threads
Reaction score
I'm going SC a.s.a.p. - but I will be waiting for the 2016's to come out & the aftermarket should be leveled out by then. plus, gotta save up again. just paid off my 2012 this month. not bad for having it a little over 2 years and modded out (Roush Stage III). but, if there's not something solid and proven out there for the new gen's (roush, whipple etc) - i'll keep waiting.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I have two paths to choose from, get a base model with only necessary performance options and mod the hell out of it or get a premium with all the options I wish I got on my '11(nav, so on) and only do minor stuff like wheels, exhaust, tune, things like that.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Paint that hideous body colored diffusor insert charcoal
I agree no matter what color I end up with (Leaning toward Oxford White) I will paint the body colored diffusor flat black to match the rest of the trim. then add hood struts, mini rear mud flaps, and if need be axle back mufflers.

Nate408

Threads
Reaction score
What do you mean body colored diffuser, wasn't it determined that was an artifact of the cars being pre-production, and was only seen on one race-red stang?

Diesel

I'm waiting to hear the actual GT note but will probably end up adding Borla S type exhaust anyhow.

Definitely some cosmetic mods are in order. I will be removing the fog lights immediately. Hopefully there are some different aftermarket grille options soon after purchase.

The S550 seems to sit lower and hope that it comes stock like that. It looks different in different pictures.
Sponsored