Yellow Blocks on Front Springs

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Sorry to hear they missed it. Don't throw the whole dealership under the bus if you got a good deal on the car.
Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Same here! Check your tire pressure, they bump them up to 42 psi for shipping. Drove a couple hundred miles like that on mine, tramlined like a bitch!
If you have the SportCup2 tires, you may find they still tramline even after correcting the pressures.

JG M1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1965 Unique Cobra Replicar
So, the front has the yellow shipping blocks from factory; what about the rear?
Also, you want to keep them if you ever have to ship the car.

james cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon S550 Owner
same here as well... drove pretty bad and decided to check and bam! In my case Ive never been so happy to see a crapshoot like this because the way the car drove I was regretting my purchase!

Sponsored

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
It looks like Ford really forgot some communication on this topic to the dealers. These shipping blocks are supposed to protect the car during the transport. Technically, you should use them too, when transporting the car, as suggested in the car's user manual.

Despite that there are dealers who remove them (but do not give them to the owners) and there are dealers who do not remove them and *do not inform the owners* that they left them in there.

What is surprising is that after a year and half, it still happens.

JG M1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1965 Unique Cobra Replicar
It looks like Ford really forgot some communication on this topic to the dealers. These shipping blocks are supposed to protect the car during the transport. Technically, you should use them too, when transporting the car, as suggested in the car's user manual.

Despite that there are dealers who remove them (but do not give them to the owners) and there are dealers who do not remove them and *do not inform the owners* that they left them in there.

What is surprising is that after a year and half, it still happens.
I totally agree with you! I think they use them on other models also. I wonder how many cars
are being driven with them still in!

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
When you accept delivery of your new Mustang insist on a signed copy of the pre-delivery service record.
IMG_3091.jpeg

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
When you accept delivery of your new Mustang insist on a signed copy of the pre-delivery service record.
IMG_3091.jpeg
Yep, that would have been two "fail" points for my delivery in April 2021. But I knew about them and was satisfied enough with the deal and the delivery that I didn't make an issue of it. Life is too short and the car is just WAY too much fun.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
This must be Ford's version of Dodge's yellow splitter guards. lol
It's amazing how many of those Mopar yellow bumpers you see driving around. Sometimes I see someone with only one side on, and tell them they are just for shipping on the truck. Not one person I have mentioned it to, had any idea they were supposed to come off. Some of them wear them as a fashion statement, I guess.

Last edited:

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It's amazing how many of those you see driving around. Sometimes I see someone with only one side on, and tell them they are just for shipping on the truck. Not one person I have mentioned it to had any idea.
Classic case of "human see human do". It's turned into an aftermarket demand as well!

Screenshot_20220801-171947.png

mldonovan82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Iā€™m embarrassed to say I noticed one on when washing the vehicle the first time and assumed it was supposed to be there. I mean, itā€™s yellow, and looks intentional. Fast forward a week or two and see everyone taking about them so I jacked up the car and pulled them out. šŸ˜‚

The moral of the storyā€” Iā€™m just as bad as the dealers. I bet 100% of dealers leave them on and donā€™t know theyā€™re there.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Iā€™m embarrassed to say I noticed one on when washing the vehicle the first time and assumed it was supposed to be there. I mean, itā€™s yellow, and looks intentional. Fast forward a week or two and see everyone taking about them so I jacked up the car and pulled them out. šŸ˜‚

The moral of the storyā€” Iā€™m just as bad as the dealers. I bet 100% of dealers leave them on and donā€™t know theyā€™re there.
You would lose that bet.
The dealership IS the problem. If their training is sub par, I guarantee youā€™ll experience other problems if you continue to take your car there for service.
Someone already posted the prep check list. Itā€™s either followed or it isnā€™t. If itā€™s signed off and wasnā€™t done, the required checklist means nothing. Iā€™d take the car back to another dealership for a proper prep if you donā€™t trust yourself to do it.
Check the GT350 threads, it has been happening for years.
I was fortunate enough to read threads like this ā€œbeforeā€ I bought. I would strongly recommend anyone looking to buy a new car to join a forum so youā€™ll know about this kind of stuff. Information was and still is the most powerful tool.

mldonovan82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
You would lose that bet.
The dealership IS the problem. If their training is sub par, I guarantee youā€™ll experience other problems if you continue to take your car there for service.
Someone already posted the prep check list. Itā€™s either followed or it isnā€™t. If itā€™s signed off and wasnā€™t done, the required checklist means nothing. Iā€™d take the car back to another dealership for a proper prep if you donā€™t trust yourself to do it.
Check the GT350 threads, it has been happening for years.
I was fortunate enough to read threads like this ā€œbeforeā€ I bought. I would strongly recommend anyone looking to buy a new car to join a forum so youā€™ll know about this kind of stuff. Information was and still is the most powerful tool.
You donā€™t think the majority of dealers leave them on unintentionally?
Sponsored