Damn Shipping Blocks!

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
I knew about the shipping blocks not being possibly removed, but in my excitement didn't check till this morning. There they are, how do I remove them? I did a search and had no luck on how to.
Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I knew about the shipping blocks not being possibly removed, but in my excitement didn't check till this morning. There they are, how do I remove them? I did a search and had no luck on how to.
Lift the car with a jack so the wheels hang free and you can easily pull them out my hand.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The PDI failed you...

OP
OP
Nardly

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
The PDI failed you...
I thought it rode hard coming home last night. I checked my tire pressure this morning and all 4 were 46 psi! Supposed to be 32. I called Beach Ford and told them they did not check anything. So they are going to send a tech up this evening to remove them. I will give Beach Ford this, driving 5 hours to fix this shows they do care about their customers.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I thought it rode hard coming home last night. I checked my tire pressure this morning and all 4 were 46 psi! Supposed to be 32. I called Beach Ford and told them they did not check anything. So they are going to send a tech up this evening to remove them. I will give Beach Ford this, driving 5 hours to fix this shows they do care about their customers.
I found the tire pressures too high also. I could forgive it if the car had been shipped when it was near 0 at Flat Rock, but that wasn't the case. If you thought it was an impressive car even with the blocks and hard tires, wait 'til you feel it now! First hard corner you take Will be "badass!" and then the real fun begins. Enjoy!

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I read just yesterday that cars are generally shipped with higher tyre pressure to avoid damage to the tyres. This and the shipping blocks clearly show that they failed the pre-delivery inspection miserably...

Motorin Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M1355
My blocks were left in too, I reported it to the nice lady that follow up contacted me the next day and asked her for a copy of my PDI sheet, she said she would send it to me and she did. Sure enough the Tech signed off that he removed them, (he did not) and the Service Manager never did a sign off on the PDI sheet nor QC the car in any manner. The nice lady said she would have one of the managers contact me........Never heard a thing from anybody........I think they even blocked my Survey from Ford as that never came either........Second Mustang I purchased from them........

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
46 psi is what we call transport pressure. SOP, cars are loaded with 28 PSI. Ramp monkey chinches down the tie down straps. Then inflates each tire to between 45/50 psi. PDI is supposed to set tires to correct PSI. Most don't. Another reason to bring a good tire pressure gauge when you take delivery. Zacks PDI peeps were excellent to say the least. Tires at correct pressure, all fluids right as they should be. :clap::thumbsup:

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Had the same thing happen to me when I picked it up. Shipping block still there on left front only and a second car on the showroom floor same thing. I also discovered tires overinflated.

Sponsored

Motorin Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are no shipping blocks in the rear springs correct?

Motorin Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do they also need to be removed by the dealer or myself?