Yellow Blocks on Front Springs

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
You don’t think the majority of dealers leave them on unintentionally?
No. It's an attention-to-detail thing. Removing them is on their pre-delivery check-list, so there is NO excuse other than they just plain aren't paying attention to the details. Unless their price is amazing, it's not hard to understand why our next great deal will come from another dealership. Duh?!
Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
My sorry a$$ dealer left them in. I had to educate them on what they were snd even offered to send a pic of them. They still argued about them. Do you suppose I will ever let them anywhere near my car for service?? Lol!!!!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
You don’t think the majority of dealers leave them on unintentionally?
That‘s a difficult question to answer. Explaining incompetence is difficult unless you know why.
Giving someone a pass and being ok with it just adds to the problem. We’ve lost the ability to take criticism, learn from it, move on and not continue making the same screw up.
They have a checklist staring them in the face….No excuse.
The dealership rep that argued with Prodigal is a prideful idiot. Anyone who does that shouldn’t be in any position that involves customer service. One should always take the customers word for it until they prove they are wrong. Something like the shipping blocks, which I’ll guarantee they’ve heard before should have been admitted to and humbly apologized for. That simple act can gain a customer for life.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
I bought my Mach 1 from a dealer 150 miles away. The next day checked air pressure because it rode so hard and they were 42 psi. That’s when I noticed the blocks in the front springs. I called them up complaining they didn’t do the check list and they sent a mechanic and a helper to remove them and check the rear if any blocks were there. I thought that was pretty good customer service.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I bought my Mach 1 from a dealer 150 miles away. The next day checked air pressure because it rode so hard and they were 42 psi. That’s when I noticed the blocks in the front springs. I called them up complaining they didn’t do the check list and they sent a mechanic and a helper to remove them and check the rear if any blocks were there. I thought that was pretty good customer service.
That's the right response from them. I wasn't patient enough and took care of both issues myself.

Sponsored

valleymach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Raptor, Bronco Sport, & Mach 1, '21 Mach-E GT
Just piling on to say I also found the front spring transport blocks after driving home 120 miles from the NoVA dealership I purchased from. I didn’t realize there could also be rear blocks to discover until finding this thread—I’ll have to look!

EE96A24D-5C66-4865-A1E2-A0B235B3E564.jpeg
B1756161-B523-48E4-816D-BD68DF086A6E.jpeg

Pardsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Mach 1
Just piling on to say I also found the front spring transport blocks after driving home 120 miles from the NoVA dealership I purchased from. I didn’t realize there could also be rear blocks to discover until finding this thread—I’ll have to look!

EE96A24D-5C66-4865-A1E2-A0B235B3E564.jpeg
B1756161-B523-48E4-816D-BD68DF086A6E.jpeg
Which dealer? I used to live down there.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Granger asked if I wanted them out. I found them in a bag in the trunk when my car was delivered . :like:

valleymach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Raptor, Bronco Sport, & Mach 1, '21 Mach-E GT
Which dealer? I used to live down there.
Koons Sterling Ford ... just one of many oddities (attempted $10K price markup after advertising MSRP, $900 paperwork fee vs my local dealer's $99 fee, car & salesman not ready for delivery appointment, missing HP parts they had to go search for, 1 missing key mailed a week after sale, paint & sticker swirls I pointed out & they just said "sorry", delivery & signing taking 1.5 hours which they claimed was "FAST" ... all I was doing was writing them a check for the whole thing no financing at all, attempted to charge me VA AND DC sales tax but couldn't explain the mystery of how that happened, had to correct name misspelling on paperwork after they had a scan of my driver's license, no state inspection which I discovered when I got home, no registration printout but I made them print out before driving off) which simply reminded me why the last Ford I bought from there was back in 2001 and was also a poor experience--thanks for getting me started, haha. I got spoiled by my small town dealership the last 20 years, I guess.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Koons Sterling Ford ... just one of many oddities (attempted $10K price markup after advertising MSRP, $900 paperwork fee vs my local dealer's $99 fee, car & salesman not ready for delivery appointment, missing HP parts they had to go search for, 1 missing key mailed a week after sale, paint & sticker swirls I pointed out & they just said "sorry", delivery & signing taking 1.5 hours which they claimed was "FAST" ... all I was doing was writing them a check for the whole thing no financing at all, attempted to charge me VA AND DC sales tax but couldn't explain the mystery of how that happened, had to correct name misspelling on paperwork after they had a scan of my driver's license, no state inspection which I discovered when I got home, no registration printout but I made them print out before driving off) which simply reminded me why the last Ford I bought from there was back in 2001 and was also a poor experience--thanks for getting me started, haha. I got spoiled by my small town dealership the last 20 years, I guess.
man, sorry to hear that. why I cannot stress granger enough. they will get all future new Ford purchases, or any other make they sell. was in and out with keys in 30 minutes (not counting the hour it took me to build wooden ramps to get that low ass car onto the trailer) everything was perfect on the car. have not had any issues coming from their end.

Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
i think the only thing my dealer did was remove the yellow things.
shipping tire pressure was the same, they sure as hell didn't check the body for any panel uniformity, and they wonder why we want to put them out of business.

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
i think the only thing my dealer did was remove the yellow things.
shipping tire pressure was the same, they sure as hell didn't check the body for any panel uniformity, and they wonder why we want to put them out of business.
I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure the GT’s don’t get transported with shipping blocks, only the Mach 1 (and even then, maybe only the HP Mach 1’s?) which is why it seems to be getting missed fairly often. If every Mustang had the blocks and so many dealers were still missing removing them, that would be an even bigger issue. But yeah sounds like your dealer pretty much neglected every check they’re supposed to do. It sucks having problems like this on delivery when it’s built into the price you’re paying for the car.

Pardsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Mach 1
Sorry to hear that. I’ve heard of no good experience with them.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
There are no rear blocks, just the ones you got :wink:.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Classic Ford quality. No different over here in the UK.
Sponsored