Sponsored

Yellow Blocks on Front Springs

nockiefla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT-350
Picked up my 22 FJG Mach 1 manual about 2 weeks ago. Haven't had much time to drive it. I noticed today Yellow blocks on the front springs? I think they may be shipping blocks? Does anyone know what they are and if they are difficult to remove? This dealer was the worst. The car also has a scrapped and cracked front plastic belly pan which is behind the splitter. Fortunately the splitter is not damaged. I am wondering how this could have happened since the car had 4 miles on it when I bought it. Don't think it was test driven nor was it prepped. Most of these Ford dealers are the worst! I paid a premium for the car and this is how they give it to me.

IMG_1639.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
You could jack the car and they will practically fall out. Many Dealers missed this.

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
No tension on them at all when the car is a normal height. If you haven't already, make sure you check your tire pressures. They ship them with 40 psi or more. (Another thing many dealers are missing on their pre-delivery checklist!)

OP
OP
nockiefla

nockiefla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT-350
Thanks, I will jack up the car to relieve some the tension and try to pull them out. The dealer did not prep the car at all. You are correct the tire pressure was too high as well. My 3rd Mustang in the last few years. Had a Bullitt and a Black GT 350 too. Biggest mistake I made was not keeping the GT 350. I regret it to this day. So far I like the Mach 1 and obviously can't blame Ford for these issues just the lousy dealer I unfortunately had to deal with since there is not an over abundance of these cars around as you all know.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
No tension on them at all when the car is a normal height. If you haven't already, make sure you check your tire pressures. They ship them with 40 psi or more. (Another thing many dealers are missing on their pre-delivery checklist!)
what should the pressures be?

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Save them - in another 50 years, there will be people looking for them for a concours restoration... and you'll be able to unload them for like $10k.... well that's with 50yr inflation rates... šŸ˜‚

But seriously.... save them.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Strictly speaking, according to the user manual, you should use the shipping blocks when transporting the vehicle or letting it sit for some long time. So they are not just for the delivery.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Strictly speaking, according to the user manual, you should use the shipping blocks when transporting the vehicle or letting it sit for some long time. So they are not just for the delivery.
Yep, wish I'd known that when mine was delivered. Instead of returning the one they left in place, I would have asked for the ones that were removed.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Son of a Bit*h!!
just took delivery of mine and this thread prompted me to go look and SURPRISE!! not 1 but 2 dealerships did not remove them. I guess I know what Iā€™m doing next weekend in addition to installing the jack rails I just ordered.
I was really on the fence with my survey response with my dealership but this decides it. My sales rep was really on me about a perfect score but how can I give them a perfect score when now I question if the car was ever properly prepped once I agreed to purchase it? Yeah, that not happening.

DA20077A-BDD4-4D61-80E4-22E9E80729E9.jpeg

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Son of a Bit*h!!
just took delivery of mine and this thread prompted me to go look and SURPRISE!! not 1 but 2 dealerships did not remove them. I guess I know what Iā€™m doing next weekend in addition to installing the jack rails I just ordered.
I was really on the fence with my survey response with my dealership but this decides it. My sales rep was really on me about a perfect score but how can I give them a perfect score when now I question if the car was ever properly prepped once I agreed to purchase it? Yeah, that not happening.

DA20077A-BDD4-4D61-80E4-22E9E80729E9.jpeg
Same here! Check your tire pressure, they bump them up to 42 psi for shipping. Drove a couple hundred miles like that on mine, tramlined like a bitch!
Sponsored