X or h

Biggins

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
My car is stock. However I want it to sound more like a muscle car gurgle pop roar etc....like the old ones do. Which would I get - an x pipe or h pipe. Plus, steeds a good one??
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
My car is stock. However I want it to sound more like a muscle car gurgle pop roar etc....like the old ones do. Which would I get - an x pipe or h pipe. Plus, steeds a good one??
An H-pipe is slightly less efficient, but does have more of an "old school" rumble. It'd be my choice. And, yep, Steeda is a good option.

OP
OP

Biggins

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
An H-pipe is slightly less efficient, but does have more of an "old school" rumble. It'd be my choice. And, yep, Steeda is a good option.
So steeds h pipe is the one. I don’t really have to mess about with an axel back to get the noise I want?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Is yours an '18MY+ with the active exhaust, or a '15-'17 model? The H pipe alone will certainly give you a nicer tone and a little more volume. If you want lots more volume, I'd recommend the axle back as well.

This goes for both pre and post facelift.......although the post facelift car is definitely louder in normal mode already.

OP
OP

Biggins

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
Mine is 2017 (15-17) pre facelift.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Biggins

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
I was thinking I’d have to get an axel back too, but the h-pipe will do. Is it ok for MOTs in the uk?

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I went with an X because I like a race car sound. By itself, the X pipe did not increase the volume much at all. The sound changed a little, but no gurgle, pop, or roar. It also did absolutely nothing for increased power since we did before and after installation dyno pulls.

Then I installed Borla S-type AB's. That made a big difference in the way the car sounds in every way. They put a smile on my face every time I get on it. If you are looking for gurgle, pop, and roar, then you need at least a sport type AB.

OP
OP

Biggins

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
I was thinking of the borla s or roush. But the h pipe sounds good for a first change. I think steeda are bout £220, so I’ll think about that.

OP
OP

Biggins

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
Depending on your taste, the H pipe or the X will both make good power. Just depends on if you like the more racey tone of the X pipe of the deep tone of the H more. We sell several manufacturers brands of both. Hit me up if you have any questions about pricing or quality. https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...-gt/2015-mustang-gt-exhaust-systems/mid-pipes
Hi, what’s the Ford performance one you sell? Also the lethal one - does it sound much different?? What’s postage to uk?

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I have the Ford Performance unit.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Take a look here - we have Facebook and military / first responder discounts available.

Sponsored