Wrench light for help

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
Please help. Power steering got heavy. Drives fine other than that.

20210809_182106.jpg
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If so there’s the fuse, relay, my power steering power wire came loose but not completely so I would loose power steering in hard corners right when you don’t want to loose it.

OP
OP
BrianGT2015

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
How heavy? Like no power steering?
I have to put quite a bit more effort into making a turn especially from a stop. When the car sits and I turn it back on everything appears normal. I put the car in drive or reverse and move. Hill start assists, service traction control, abs, and steering assist. Due to current situation I do not have the luxury of taking it apart, finding a broke part, and fixing it. Really need to diagnose buy part, do it that day. ****ing renting a house at the moment with a steep ass driveway and shitty small garage.

I removed the ground wires, scuffed the with sand paper, made sure I had good metal and contact. I am pretty sure it is not a ground.

Car drives normal other than the power steering. I bounced ideas off a friend, he said sounds like ABS module or power steering rack as well.

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
Cleaning the grounds was smart. When I had this same thing happen I needed to use Forscan to clear a code stored in the BCM. A regular code scanner won’t read or clear it. If you don’t have Forscan the dealer should be able to check for codes and clear.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BrianGT2015

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Cleaning the grounds was smart. When I had this same thing happen I needed to use Forscan to clear a code stored in the BCM. A regular code scanner won’t read or clear it. If you don’t have Forscan the dealer should be able to check for codes and clear.
I disconnected the battery. While I cleaned the grounds. I am going to go by the O'rileys we have here. I was told they can check the codes for other than just CEL. I am disappointed I can not figure the issue. I am usually pretty good at this stuff. I believe it's the steering rack or AbS module.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
These power steering racks actually use a rubber belt between the steering gear and the rack. It may have failed.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have to put quite a bit more effort into making a turn especially from a stop. When the car sits and I turn it back on everything appears normal. I put the car in drive or reverse and move. Hill start assists, service traction control, abs, and steering assist. Due to current situation I do not have the luxury of taking it apart, finding a broke part, and fixing it. Really need to diagnose buy part, do it that day. ****ing renting a house at the moment with a steep ass driveway and shitty small garage.

I removed the ground wires, scuffed the with sand paper, made sure I had good metal and contact. I am pretty sure it is not a ground.

Car drives normal other than the power steering. I bounced ideas off a friend, he said sounds like ABS module or power steering rack as well.
Try this thread, your issues sound similar:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...rking-assist-light-issue.162952/#post-3321070

Also, I put together this EPAS thread a while back to help others with any further EPAS issues. Most don’t know the EPAS unit contains an internal rubber belt (like a vacuum cleaner… LOL).
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/s550-epas-pscm-tech-accumulation.160616/
Sponsored