Would you pick the same color . . .

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Hard to say. I wanted one of the red variants because that was the color I grew fond of on my old car. Unfortunately there were none within 100 miles of me so I just went to the dealership to check out what they had. All blacks and silvers lined up... when I was younger I would have made a bee line for the black but, out by me, black to car buyers is like starbucks to white girls. It's so common and basic. I was getting disappointed when I stumbled upon the velocity blue PP1 tucked away in the corner. It was probably one of the prettiest colors I've ever seen, and it's now parked in my garage. I still haven't seen a single velocity blue, despite seeing plenty of 18+ mustangs.

Why is it hard to say? Because it was an accident. Pictures don't do this color justice, and any rendering of it looks absolutely terrible. I would have never given the color a thought if I didn't see it in person.
Sponsored

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Ruby was my first choice then race red and magnetic. Silver wasn't even on my radar, but this one popped up for the right price and (lack of) options. Really happy with it and loving the silver now. However, I would trade it straight up for a ruby right now with zero hesitation.
2018 Silver PP1 b.jpg

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Liked all four of my black Mustangs and the one white one. Triple YELLOW sure brightened up the garage, though.

Seems as if I have to buy a yellow car every forty years or so:
VegaTurnFive.jpg
View attachment 336345
MustangWhiteChuckwalla.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
Like DIB a lot. It was my first choice when I started looking at used Mustangs. Just never found one with the mileage/condition I wanted.
Yeah I love this color. Didn't really choose it, just got the car cause I got a decent deal. Looks great when clean and in the sun!

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Next time, I would go with another Magnetic, Ruby Red, any of the various S550 blue options, Guard, or... Dark Highland Green. :giggle:

Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I don't think a week goes by where someone doesn't comment on my royal crimson, even as filthy as it gets. I live on the beach off a dirt road, it's a constant battle. :(

It was only available in 2018 but I'd like to see it side by side with the royal red.
I parked by a Race Red the other day, I’m waiting the day i find a Ruby Red to do the same thing.

This color shines great in the sun!
16C4878C-A00C-45BB-8372-EA43D8C2C509.jpeg

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I parked by a Race Red the other day, I’m waiting the day i find a Ruby Red to do the same thing.

This color shines great in the sun!
16C4878C-A00C-45BB-8372-EA43D8C2C509.jpeg
I was really considering Crimson as one of my picks. You're right. In the sun, it is one of the most stunning colors. The problem, is I live in the PacNW, where it's cloudy 9 months of the year. That color looks hideous during winter in western Washington.

Now, if I lived in Texas, that would be a different story.

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
Yes. I don’t want another car in the exact same color. I. didn’t plan on Kona blue. Kona is nearly black in low light. But it’s a metallic and I have to admit I really like it. I’ve had two black mustangs in the past. They’re a pain to keep LOOKING clean. So is any darker color. They’re all the same level of dirty or clean. Some just show it more than others. Silver is a great color but when you clean it up you’re like that’s it? Not much difference. Always liked a silver stang tho and had a silver GTO. Kinda still miss that thing. Anyways here’s my car
F5CDE4A7-4991-42EA-9D4D-2DF7137A9CCE.jpeg
3AF0457A-6079-4AA3-ACDC-43C2E1993161.jpeg

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
If I had a choice all over I would not think twice about sticking with the magnetic but I also think the Ruby Red is sharp looking. Loved that color on my F150 but it looks even better on the stang.
mustang stripes (2).JPG

Sponsored

HexaNerva

EL 5OH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nope, it's the only thing I don't like about my car. It had the options I wanted and a fantastic price so I jumped on it. Next Mustang I get will probably be silver.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I'm getting a little tired of black. My last four cars have been black. Maybe a nice blue or green next.

Last three Mustangs were black. Once you go black you’ll never go back...

Big

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I have the 2018 convertible, in Orange Fury. My previous car was a 2012 convertible in the candy red color, so when I traded, I knew I wanted something besides another red one. Initially, I liked the Kona blue or the Lightning Blue, with the Ceramic interior because I live in Florida and black seats get pretty hot. But then I saw the Orange one and the color really popped against the black interior and trim. At first, I was nervous about the black seats, but this one had the digital gauges, which I absolutely had to have. That package only comes with black seats, so here I am. Besides, the seats are air-conditioned!

My last orange car was a 71 Volkswagen!

diegoaccord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Lancer Evolution X, 325i E46
Im fine with magnetic again. i can run whatever color of wheels and brakes I want.
Sponsored