Sponsored

Would you let color alone stop you from buying a great used car?

Would you let color alone stop you from buying a great used car?

• Total voters

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I did that with a new car... I had it narrowed down to white, silver, magnetic, met red.... but had to have the PP1- 401a/auto/B&O/active exhaust... Planned to buy when in NC. Had a deal all worked out for a magnetic the dealer had at a sister lot.. When just about to sign papers, the sister dealer called and said that car was already upgraded with a roush set up. Was told $9800 more. So I passed and with in minutes they found a white one. Bought it sight unseen and I am loving the oxford white. Dont regret any of it one bit
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
the "gold/brown" with a tinge of green? AKA stone gray?
Yep. It's a different color, gray when it's overcast to bronze/brown, to in between with a hint of green, depending on the light.

OP
OP

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
I did thanks! the silver is fine, but it does not have my required 401A package. I think the black one I found will work for me, I am going this weekend to see if we can make a deal. It has the Performance Package which i was not looking for but certainly do not mind... My fingers are crossed! Funny though, you are not supposed to run those tires in the cold and I am buying it in January to mostly sit in my garage until April.

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
That is truly badass!!! The wheels along with the color combo is truly badass.
What do you think about adding stripes like yours and matching mirror color as well to my current wheels? I just don't think the black stripes on my color would look as nice with the color wheels I have.
20200113_002503.jpg

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
you are not supposed to run those tires in the cold and I am buying it in January to mostly sit in my garage until April.
well given our weather of late... You could have the dealer toss on some A/S tires on delivery. I have a set of brand new wheels and brand new Pilot Sport A/S I would love to get rid of...

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Also, I got back and forth with different colors, so a new car, a new color, I was thinking about my last several cars, and their colors, I went with a few grays, then a yellow, then silver, black, now orange, the SUV went from dark gray to red, and I think there was a blue in that same batch.

So yeah, I might shop something new, but can easily fall back on a favorite back color .

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
What do you think about adding stripes like yours and matching mirror color
I think only matte white or matte silver or light gray would go with your red car. Black would be too dark against another dark color.
Black or silver mirror covers could work.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I think only matte white or matte silver or light gray would go with your red car. Black would be too dark against another dark color.
Black or silver mirror covers could work.
Yeah, a matte silver would work really well, with those wheels - with aftermarket, you kind of want to pick a "theme" and not scatter to many different colors, styles, textures, etc. (agree about the black stripes, though __maybe__ if he had black wheels).

1Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt Convertible
I have found a good deal on a used 2018 GT Convertible with less than 400 miles on it. The ownership checks out as does the Carfax. It has pretty much everything I would want except the color (it's white with Ceramic and black interior). Would you let the color stop you? It is not a CS edition so no stripes.
Not if it new and is 25% off MSRP or more.

Bear

Sponsored

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, a matte silver would work really well, with those wheels - with aftermarket, you kind of want to pick a "theme" and not scatter to many different colors, styles, textures, etc. (agree about the black stripes, though __maybe__ if he had black wheels).
I think so too. The wheels are Ford wheels just the upgraded 20" over the stock 18". I think you and Shogun are right though a matte silver would look really well. I like the stripe pattern on Hoosiers car. Looks awesome

2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I was in the market for a used sedan, and there was a Lexus es350. Low miles, one owner, everything maintained by a Lexus dealer. Car was so clean, no rust, and a really good price.

Only problem was that it was the old man tan. I really struggled with it but decided I would never be happy with it.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on the deal, and depends on the color. If the color is another color I like, i'd consider. Personally, white is definitely NOT one i'd consider. I hate white cars. My wife, on the other hand, chose a white car on purpose, it was her first choice. I really don't understand.... well, I kinda do, it was backlash coming from a black car with black interior, and problems with it being too hot after sitting in the parking lot at work, not for looks.

Calhoun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Race Red
For my Mustang I ordered what I wanted, especially for the color. For my other vehicles I was not as choosy, certain colors would have been deal breakers but most were price based decisions.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I won't buy a silver or grey car anymore, there are simply too many of the them, in all makes and models. Not particularly a fan of black either, although if it was a great deal I might take it. Much prefer variations of reds and blues. Agree with Norm Peterson, white would be acceptable but would immediately get blue stripes if not present already.
Sponsored