Wintertime Salt and grime removal

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yes, I agree, will be glad when spring is here. And I am so thankful my Mustang is tucked away avoiding all this mess, makes it easy to only have to keep one car clean :) I found when I rinsed at the coin op wash, my water beading had diminished greatly on the lower panels but after the rinseless and FSE wipe down (limestone deposit removal detail spray) it came back pretty good. Kinda nice to use products I don't use very often.
Same here, my coating is a bit clogged up on the lower half of the car. Nothing a little Lift or Descale won’t cure though. Supposed to be close to 50F next Thursday, might drag the power washer out at lunch and hit the car with one of the two and get the coating opened back up.
Sponsored

OP
OP
skinnyb

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Same here, my coating is a bit clogged up on the lower half of the car. Nothing a little Lift or Descale won’t cure though. Supposed to be close to 50F next Thursday, might drag the power washer out at lunch and hit the car with one of the two and get the coating opened back up.
Probably a good plan, I did pretty much both with the APC rinse at the coin op wash initially and the FSE wipe down at the end. Looking forward to this coming year, I have both LIft and Foam for alkaline as well as Descale and KCx Reactivation shampoo for the acidic wash. I'm going to polish my daily this spring and reapply the coating, I just put over non polished paint last year, it isn't terrible swirled but I want to freshen it up a bit. It doesn't look bad from 10 feet, but definitely is gnarly up close especially the nose with over 70K miles in less than 2 years. :/

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
No snow here but we did get all the rain. Haven't driven the car in well over a month. She's covered but after more than three years since she got her first "coat," even with regular Reload applications, the ceramic is wearing down and she will probably need a polish and re-coat this Spring.

I never get excited about all the work but I know that once I get started with the polisher and see the results, the excitement returns. :-)

OP
OP
skinnyb

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Another mild week this week and only a couple small rain showers. Stopped at the local spray wash on my way home Friday and did an undercarriage rinse then came home and did another wash this weekend. Used the ONR Wash N Wax this time to restore a little hydrophobics temporarily til later in the spring when I can do a full polish and put on a proper coating. The Wash n Wax gives the paint a nice glow, I really like it and the Opticoat (Sealant infused) as well.
IMG_0212.jpeg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Coating was looking a little clogged in spots. Upper 40’s here today and the sun is out so I took advantage and hooked up the hose and got the power washer out. Carpro Lift, Ethos Cleanse bucket wash. Brought it back to life. Washed my wife’s car first, ran out of tire cleaner (of course I ordered some and it arrived AFTER both cars were washed 🤦‍♂️) so my snow tires didn’t get a proper cleanse. But my wife is happy with hers so I live to see another day 🤣

edit: blower is stored away for winter so I had to towel dry. Used a generous amount of Adams Detail Spray, nice and slick but no smearing. Checked afterwards, no micro scratches or swirls. Rag Company Gauntlet towels.

IMG_2634.jpeg

IMG_2632.jpeg

IMG_2631.jpeg

IMG_2630.jpeg

IMG_2629.jpeg

IMG_2628.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
skinnyb

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Coating was looking a little clogged in spots. Upper 40’s here today and the sun is out so I took advantage and hooked up the hose and got the power washer out. Carpro Lift, Ethos Cleanse bucket wash. Brought it back to life. Washed my wife’s car first, ran out of tire cleaner (of course I ordered some and it arrived AFTER both cars were washed 🤦‍♂️) so my snow tires didn’t get a proper cleanse. But my wife is happy with hers so I live to see another day 🤣

edit: blower is stored away for winter so I had to towel dry. Used a generous amount of Adams Detail Spray, nice and slick but no smearing. Checked afterwards, no micro scratches or swirls. Rag Company Gauntlet towels.

IMG_2634.jpeg

IMG_2632.jpeg

IMG_2631.jpeg

IMG_2630.jpeg

IMG_2629.jpeg

IMG_2628.jpeg
Looks great. Gauntlet towels are my favorite. I have the small ones for wheels and a couple each of the larger ones.

I broke out just the water hose today for my Mustang to clean the wheels, I find rinseless doesn't do it for me for those. A liberal application of NV purge and a nice scrub with my Gyeon wheel mit and Microfiber madness barrel blade. Then rinsed down and proceeded to do a rinseless wash with the Opticoat No rinse. That stuff is so slick, no drying aid really needed, just a nice Gauntlet towel dry afterward and was back to all good. An application of KCx PSS on the tires and applied KCx Top star on the dash and door panels, cleaned the glass with P&S Tru Vue and the interior was sorted.. Back in the garage for a few weeks most likely, no real plans to go anywhere til Ponies in the Smokies toward the end of March.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Looks great. Gauntlet towels are my favorite. I have the small ones for wheels and a couple each of the larger ones.

I broke out just the water hose today for my Mustang to clean the wheels, I find rinseless doesn't do it for me for those. A liberal application of NV purge and a nice scrub with my Gyeon wheel mit and Microfiber madness barrel blade. Then rinsed down and proceeded to do a rinseless wash with the Opticoat No rinse. That stuff is so slick, no drying aid really needed, just a nice Gauntlet towel dry afterward and was back to all good. An application of KCx PSS on the tires and applied KCx Top star on the dash and door panels, cleaned the glass with P&S Tru Vue and the interior was sorted.. Back in the garage for a few weeks most likely, no real plans to go anywhere til Ponies in the Smokies toward the end of March.
I’ve been debating getting some of the smaller ones for wheels. I have a Chemical Guys woolie mammoth towel that sucks on the car but actually does pretty well on the wheels for some odd reason. But that towel is on its last legs, should probably just get a couple smaller Gauntlet towels

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

I need to get out for PITS one of these years too. Hard to do with both kids in school right now. Some day!

OP
OP
skinnyb

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I need to get out for PITS one of these years too. Hard to do with both kids in school right now. Some day!
My first trip. I bought my Mustang summer of 22, didn't get to go last year unfortunately couldn't get off from work and had plans that Saturday. This year I requested the whole week off :). I live somewhat local so it helps tremendously not to have to pay for lodging.

OP
OP
skinnyb

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been debating getting some of the smaller ones for wheels. I have a Chemical Guys woolie mammoth towel that sucks on the car but actually does pretty well on the wheels for some odd reason. But that towel is on its last legs, should probably just get a couple smaller Gauntlet towels
I use them on the wheels for mainly rinseless. When I use the pressure washer and get them clean, I use my DI water and either CARPRO Hydro2 or Gyeon Wet Coat on the final rinse down, then hit them with the blower and poof, the water is gone.. Maybe a couple small drips here and there but no full wipe down needed.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I use them on the wheels for mainly rinseless. When I use the pressure washer and get them clean, I use my DI water and either CARPRO Hydro2 or Gyeon Wet Coat on the final rinse down, then hit them with the blower and poof, the water is gone.. Maybe a couple small drips here and there but no full wipe down needed.
We have really hard water, I really should look into a DI system for car washing. We have a softening system for in the house and I do usually fill my buckets inside. So unfortunately I have to dry everything on the cars or else it will leave water spots like nobody’s business. Ceramic coating on the wheels definitely helps, the water just runs off the spokes, barrels and around the lug nuts is about all I usually need to dry.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My first trip. I bought my Mustang summer of 22, didn't get to go last year unfortunately couldn't get off from work and had plans that Saturday. This year I requested the whole week off :). I live somewhat local so it helps tremendously not to have to pay for lodging.
Definitely helps that you’re somewhat local. I’ve seen quite a few YouTube videos, looks like it’s a good time. PITS and Carlisle are on my list. Have fun!

OP
OP
skinnyb

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
We have really hard water, I really should look into a DI system for car washing. We have a softening system for in the house and I do usually fill my buckets inside. So unfortunately I have to dry everything on the cars or else it will leave water spots like nobody’s business. Ceramic coating on the wheels definitely helps, the water just runs off the spokes, barrels and around the lug nuts is about all I usually need to dry.
Mine is pretty bad too, not terrible but definitely leaves spots. My system brings the TDS down to essentially zero..

Before (on filter Bypass)

IMG_0851.jpeg

After :)
IMG_0852.jpeg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Mine is pretty bad too, not terrible but definitely leaves spots. My system brings the TDS down to essentially zero..

Before (on filter Bypass)

IMG_0851.jpeg

After :)
IMG_0852.jpeg
Wow that’s impressive!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I broke out just the water hose today
<smiling> For just a quickie, Mark, you sure used a variety of chemicals! You're not attempting to take over the Master Detailer position, are ya? <BSEG>

We have a softening system for in the house and I do usually fill my buckets inside.
My system brings the TDS down to essentially zero..
Holy CRAP, Alex, that is some SERIOUSLY soft water! I know WD (@WD Pro,) has superbly soft water in the UK but even his is just sub 100, not ZERO.

Is this from your house softener, or a portable unit like the CR Spotless rigs?
Sponsored