Sponsored

Wax and Grease Removal on Paint

wolf_79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Last year before I stored my car I decided to apply fluid film to the underside of it, and soon realized the over spray got on the paint. After many washing with chemical's Mr. Pink" I still see the "rainbow" effect while drying the car. Does anyone have any suggestions to remove this? I was looking into the Chemical Guys Clean Slate as it is suppose to remove all waxes, sealants, etc.

Thanks!!!!
Sponsored

jcttraveler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible 2019
Try lemon oil.

A few weeks ago, I tried to wash off what I think was street grime/grease/oil. There's some road re-finishing going on in my area and these small tar ball things were all over the sides of my car. I first tried dawn, but it was ineffective and most of the grime remained. After testing a small area, I used lemon oil. It was a painstaking process because I was putting a few drops on a small rag that used to be a cotton tshirt and rubbing with my index finger. That said, the stuff quickly came off. I then went back over the car with dawn to remove any lemon oil residue.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Try lemon oil.

A few weeks ago, I tried to wash off what I think was street grime/grease/oil. There's some road re-finishing going on in my area and these small tar ball things were all over the sides of my car. I first tried dawn, but it was ineffective and most of the grime remained. After testing a small area, I used lemon oil. It was a painstaking process because I was putting a few drops on a small rag that used to be a cotton tshirt and rubbing with my index finger. That said, the stuff quickly came off. I then went back over the car with dawn to remove any lemon oil residue.
Mineral spirits will melt tar on contact and it will not harm your paint or trim.

I would suggest the OP use the same method. Not sure what product he undercoated with? But most of those are tar based.

Goof off works on tar also. Mineral spirts is cheaper.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
wolf_79

wolf_79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
I used fluid film in a can.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Gyeon Q²M Prep is a really good degreaser. I've used it when ceramic coating wheels and detailing my car. The other methods mentioned above probably work great too.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
To remove oil and grease, you need a product that is alkaline. That alkalinity breaks down the oil and releases it from the surface. Look for a liquid degreaser like Meguiar's Super Degreaser, strong All-Purpose-Cleaner or any of the high pH soaps designed for heavy duty cleaning such as Carpro Lift or NV Snow+.
Sponsored