Sponsored

Winter Has Arrived — Mustang Sleeping!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 6 Speed
Nope. My car isn't seeing the road once they start pre-treating it for snow. Up here in Northwestern CT. they only use salt (no sand anymore) and some kind of liquid stuff that melts cars. My car will sit covered in the driveway (no garage yet) and I'll be driving the Frontier.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - In Rochester, NY we are now starting to put our toy cars into hibernation for about 5 months. If we just remove the collision coverage we will save enough money to buy around 100 gallons of 93 Octane in 2024 at today‘s price… Bruce
IMG_0103.jpeg

NHGTPP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1, 1970 Corvette,1967 Nova SS
My garage is full with the Corvette and Nova SS. I put up a steel car port in the driveway for the Mustang. Washed and waxed, should I put a cover on it for the winter or leave it as is ?

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/batter-tender-battery-connection.172738/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/batter-tender-battery-connection.172738/page-2#post-3580978

Many of us are using tenders which have been hard-wired in.

I purchased a Ford Performance tender; it comes with two pigtails, each with a distinct end: 1) alligator clips, 2) eyelets. The pigtails' other ends are quick connects, to attach to the tender itself.

Using the eyelet pigtail, the red lead was attached to the underhood fuse block. The black lead, a chassis ground. See links above for examples. With that one end of the pigtail installed, the other end, the quick-connect end, was fished out front, outside the car. The connector was then plugged into the tender.

Mine and others' are set up where the plug shows outside and you simply hook-up and leave it. The tender stays outside, where you can monitor. If I disconnect to drive, the pigtail has a rubber cap, to cover the plug and prevent water and debris from getting in it.

CTEK tenders are very popular, as are Battery Tenders.

https://smartercharger.com/?gad_sou...MIlaS09Zq5ggMVuzWtBh0vaQ0WEAAYASAAEgLoBvD_BwE

https://www.batterytender.com/?gad_...MInP-Jjpu5ggMV0CKtBh17hA1AEAAYASAAEgJ1KPD_BwE

The Ford Performance unit, which IMO is made by CTEK:

https://accessories.ford.com/ford-performance-5-0-smart-battery-charger-maintainer

* When reviewing tenders, make sure you purchase one sized right for the vehicle. There are motorcycle, car, truck/RV tenders, some distinct, some which can support any vehicle.

** If you have a aftermarket lithium battery, shop for a tender which supports a lithium unit.

battery tender stages.jpg
Interesting that you mentioned battery maintainers. Last Saturday for a veterans event in Melbourne, FL at the American Muscle Car Museum, EVERY vehicle had the CTEK battery maintainer shown in the pic below. Well, the Shelby electric bikes did not...but all the 450+ vehicles with a 12V battery did. 🙂
Shelby Electric Bikes (2).jpg

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Looking towards Pikes Peak from my house this morning. I got about 7”. Heading out to plow the driveway — ATV with blade.
IMG_1821.jpeg
You just wanted to make us all jealous of that amazing view. Considerate it successful with me, however only partially. I grew up in Camillus, a suburb of Syracuse NY, I have no desire to live anywhere where it snows. I'm starting to get chilly when it dips below 75 here in Tampa Bay :crackup:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
We've been lucky to have a streak of freakishly warm weather in MN (60s today), so the fun cars will be enjoyed as late as possible this year. I'm hoping for the rest of the month. That will make the stretch to April shorter and easier to tolerate this winter.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just put mine in the garage yesterday after one final drive. Had the Ceramic Coating annual booster maintenance and detail.
Have some work to do on her this winter.
20230928_190900809_iOS.jpg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
We've been lucky to have a streak of freakishly warm weather in MN (60s today), so the fun cars will be enjoyed as late as possible this year. I'm hoping for the rest of the month. That will make the stretch to April shorter and easier to tolerate this winter.
Same here, been in the 60’s since Sunday. Supposed to be almost 70 on Thursday then the rain comes and temps drop back to normal on Friday.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Same here, been in the 60’s since Sunday. Supposed to be almost 70 on Thursday then the rain comes and temps drop back to normal on Friday.
Looks like we're going to get 50s from Friday through the weekend before things go south.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just put mine in the garage yesterday after one final drive. Had the Ceramic Coating annual booster maintenance and detail.
Have some work to do on her this winter.
20230928_190900809_iOS.jpg
60's and sunny today and tomorrow... lol.. I may have to get mine out and drive some more! Didn't take insurance off yet....