Winter Has Arrived — Mustang Sleeping!

Sycostang67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2015 Mustang, 2001 Ram, 2012 Wrangle
I don’t mind driving the 15 in the cold, but not in the snow. Too many people in my area now experiencing snow for the first time and don’t know how to drive in it. I have about 18” behind the stands now so I doubt I could get out of the garage if I wanted to. The ole 2nd gen Cummins gets me around when the snow piles up. I did go out and fire up both mustangs the other day just for fun.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
let Jesus guide you.
...into a ditch.

All kidding aside, with good tires and some common sense there's no reason why the car can't be a mild-medium snowstorm daily driver. I've driven performance RWD cars in up to 4-6" of snow and blasted through no issues.

What annoys me with this though is all the rust that goes on under the car. If you don't plan on ever working on it, or you know you'll sell in a few years that's no issue. But maintaining and modding a winter driven car is a pain in the butt.

Sponsored

Joshinator99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2017 Camaro 2SS
Yeah, ours is tucked away along with the Camaro for the winter. The AMG will only see limited winter duty at most…Expedition gets the crap end of the stick. 😂
IMG_4514_Original.jpeg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Way to many dummies out there on the road in the winter to drive that nice car in the winter,
IMO......
That logic makes sense, but I have trouble driving something terrible 3 or 4 months of the year.

...into a ditch.

All kidding aside, with good tires and some common sense there's no reason why the car can't be a mild-medium snowstorm daily driver. I've driven performance RWD cars in up to 4-6" of snow and blasted through no issues.

What annoys me with this though is all the rust that goes on under the car. If you don't plan on ever working on it, or you know you'll sell in a few years that's no issue. But maintaining and modding a winter driven car is a pain in the butt.
I agree. It's better to leave it stock if winter/daily driving is the purpose of the car.

The great thing about driving a Mustang through the winter is that they are cheaper than a decent SUV or pickup. Well, up to the last couple years they were a lot cheaper anyway. Now they aren't as great of a deal as they used to be.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - If you can’t have all-wheel drive or 4-wheel drive, then reportedly front wheel drive is better than rear wheel drive in the snow. Since that’s not an option for Mustang owners, keep the drive mode in wet or snow as you will get slower acceleration and less tire spin. The newer 6-speed manuals allow for easy taking off in 2nd gear. Good judgement and common sense are critical for winter driving. Take it from an 82 year old guy who has lived in the upper half of NYS his whole life - at least so far… Bruce

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
It was beautiful here the past few days at 8,500 feet in the Colorado Rockies. Today is another story;
—Snow coming down hard and about 4” now.
—Fire in wood stove.
—Mustang in hibernation for three months or so.
—My 2022 Ecoboost Coastal Limited Convertible now has 25,600 miles. Have had it 14 months now and it hibernates for 3-4 months of winter. Still no issues, runs great, and is so much fun cruising backroads with little traffic!
IMG_1817.jpeg

IMG_1815.jpeg
IMG_1814.jpeg
That's a nice cover, whose is it? I got one for seemed nice but a bit bulky.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
It looks like the Ford cover, but unlabeled. I think the Ford covers are made by covercraft.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It looks like the Ford cover, but unlabeled. I think the Ford covers are made by covercraft.
I believe you’re correct that Covercraft makes the covers for Ford. They also sell plain covers with no logos on their site

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Mine is sleeping too. Got a Noah style cover for mine from the Ford site using my Fordpass points. Come on spring, I am missing driving my Pony badly...
IMG_0262.jpeg

My view out my garage door this week, highly unusual for East TN, have woken up to negative temps more than once this past week :( And I went out once in my daily and came back before this pic was taken. All total about 10 inches, we usually don't get that kind of weather here.
IMG_0287.jpeg
Sponsored