Winter Has Arrived — Mustang Sleeping!

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I get people saying you can drive the stang all year round, but like you i have a Subaru that I don't mind plowing through the snow so why even bother? I've not quite put mine away yet, I leave it until the salt starts getting put down, then it'll be tucked up in bed for a bit.
Some of us don't live in the rust belt. Totally understand why those the do put their car away since American cars + road salt = car dissolves lol. Makes sense.

I just don't understand those that live in mild climates (looking at you TX) that don't get much snow or use much road salt and store their cars away for winter. Everyone is different obviously but those folks are genuinely missing out on enjoying their car much more throughout the year.
Sponsored

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Yeah kinda sucks, were getting snow in Me. Today. Only an inch or two, and our town already laid down salt and sand….

im not ready to pull my GT off the road for the season, nut my C8 is officially away for the year. With my GT i plan to coat the bottom with 6 cans of amsoil anti corrosion spray in the spring, so ill use it a bit more this year…. I love it and hate to put it away so soon for the year…
Back to the f150 till april…

IMG_3107.jpeg

Gizmobiker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
Two seasons…..side by side. Got our first ice dusting last night, but next week may be dry enough for one last scoot before hibernating.
C’mon spring!
IMG_5094.jpeg

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
My car is in winter storage too. At least until I replace the battery this weekend. Damn Temps were in the 60s over night and kill it. Hell it almost got so cold here I couldn't go swimming last weekend!
First World Problems are real!!! :) We got about an inch of snow here last night. GT is in the garage for now but will be back out a few more times this year yet. But yeah I'm starting to get little sad at the thought of parking her.

On the plus side when it comes back out its like getting a new car all over again.

PhillyMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT, 2015 Dodge Durango RT
To each their own. Just swapped out my Pirelli p zeros for winters. This is my car, and I'm going to drive it whenever I feel like it no matter the time of year :like:

Of course if we get a 12-18" noreaster ain't nobody goin nowhere till roads are plowed.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Fighter jet grey
Does anybody put it on a battery trickle charge while storing. I do and I don’t see how your could cover the car and also have a trickle charge.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
There’s a few guys around here that put snow tires on their C8’s and drive them all year. Smoke em if you got em

Bob Lob Law

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium
I just sold the stock all season tires and gonna try running the Firehawk Daytona 500s year round. If/when we get enough snow I'll just take the wife's SUV.