Window Auto-Up When Closing Door

climhazzard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hi all - new '19 Mustang GT owner here; just got the car a couple of weeks ago, and am loving it so far. Noticed one recurring oddity in that sometimes (but not always) when I close the drivers side door after getting in the car, the window motor will make a 'whirring' noise which I suspect is because it is attempting to inch up against the door seal. When I re-open and close the door, the window nudges up and all is normal.

What I'm not sure of is if the door is actually partially unhinged (not seeing on the dash display, but not sure if that will show until I hit the start/ignition button), or if something else is going on.

Not a huge deal, and not something I want to take to the dealer for as it's more of an annoyance than anything else, and thinking it may resolve as the seals become more malleable. I should probably also get used to having to slam the door shut, as these are massive.

Anyone else experience this or have any input?
Sponsored

OP
OP

climhazzard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yep! It does this reliably, but sometimes when I close the door (only having this happen from when I'm inside the vehicle) the window motor will make a 'whirring' noise as if it's trying to inch up but cannot. Re-opening and shutting the door firmly seems to fix it each time...but seems rather odd,.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
This is the procedure to reset the window control module on most Fords. Give it a try with the door closed and see if that helps.

OP
OP

climhazzard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I haven't tried the window reset procedure yet, but I did learn a bit more this afternoon when it occurred again.

Here's the scenario:
  1. Used remote start
  2. Got in car, attempted to close door and the window made a 'whirring' noise
  3. Whirring noise is still occurring, and I hit the ignition/'Start' button
  4. The whirring noise stops, and the door ajar notification appears on the dashboard
  5. Unable to recreate by setting door ajar
My guess is it's something strange with the remote start and window auto up programming.

The door in general doesn't really like to close unless I give it a good slam; perhaps that'll get better as the seals break in, but I'm not willing to take it to the dealer for an annoyance.

greggsg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Form Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Package and Manual Transmission
If under warranty, take it in. Especially if it is a Convertible. My '16 has been in about 8 or 9 times for window up/down issues. There are other threads talking about this.
Sponsored