Sponsored

Will removing A/C cause any codes or other issues?

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I'm planning on removing the A/C components (compressor, condensor, dryer, lines, etc...), but wanted to make sure that doing so won't cause issues with any codes or other things.

These cars are so interconnected, I'm wondering if the ECU or other computer will have a fit if I unplug the wiring for the system components but leave the dash controls in place and plugged in.

Hopefully someone has experience with removing their A/C (thinking @honeybadger).
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I'm planning on removing the A/C components (compressor, condensor, dryer, lines, etc...), but wanted to make sure that doing so won't cause issues with any codes or other things.

These cars are so interconnected, I'm wondering if the ECU or other computer will have a fit if I unplug the wiring for the system components but leave the dash controls in place and plugged in.

Hopefully someone has experience with removing their A/C (thinking @honeybadger).
@Muligan

Hit up @PaddyPrix - he bought a salvage S550 and stripped out many components (including A/C) and his vehicle is for racing use only. Here's his thread with a lot of details. He even broke out his first post into chapters or links so you can click on the A/C link and see what he did:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ipper-salvage-diy-to-nasa-tt2-racecar.136348/

Last edited:

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@Muligan

I don't recall getting any errors related to removing AC. There's a small chance the tuner suppressed a CEL, but I don't think so. It was easy peasy.

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Perfect - thanks guys!
Sponsored