Sponsored

Will Gas Prices Affect Mustang Value?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
$10-20K higher prices I expect S650 to be at least $10-15K more for base model.
at 20-25% annum inflation it's not going to take long to hit that just from of the accelerating currency debasement.
Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Filled up a 36 gallon F350 Diesel today. Painful...

Screenshot_20220310-181435_Gallery.jpg

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I didn't buy my Ecoboost because it would save me fuel, I just wasn't pining for the V8. In the real world the fuel savings between the two are probably negligible anyway, and even looking at pre-Covid annual mileage, it would not have made much difference to me. I did about 6K kms between October 2020 and September 2021, pre-Covid maybe 12K kms annually. I've seen comments in threads where some are doing 80-100 MILE daily commutes. To put that into perspective, they are doing my annual mileage in about 2 months or so. At this point, only having recently returned to the office three days per week, I will never get back to my pre-Covid mileage so even less concerning. That said, the Mustang is getting just about the same fuel mileage as the 2010 Sonata 4 pot stick that it replaced. And certainly if I still had the Sonata, I wouldn't be thinking about getting rid of it in the face of the current fuel prices. So I think that fuel prices will have little affect on values.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Like 1/3 of the vehicles in my neighborhoods are newly gotten SUV’s and trucks since the free COVID money people got.
Some of us received no COVID money. It's nice to know our tax dollars were used wisely!

Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
There is a new iron curtain falling across Europe. This won’t be short lived and Western Europe will have many more very cold winters as we will have inadequate household heating. In my opinion looking at what’s going on here now, we are beginning the enforced switching over from reliance upon Russian raw materials to being more self sufficient with renewable energy and nuclear.

AKA " the global reset" 🤫

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Don't count on it. Bombing maternity wards and killing babies and pregnant women is a step too far. BTW, Russia is getting the economic ass-whooping - check the USD/Ruble.
Don't believe everything MSM tells you.

Jeffsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2008
To me it seems the impact of higher gas prices are mainly psychological more so than actually being significant. Right now we are up perhaps 0.45 cents per litre which is about $35 per tank that I would normally fill once every 2 weeks so under 20 bucks a week meh…..

You guys are what $1 per gallon up so $16 per tank? Does it piss me off yeah. Is it a big deal no:)
Good post. If you’re not making a living on this car it comes down to how much do you value your time. The increase , while it pisses me off, wouldn’t of changed my car choice. That number is different for everyone.

merlin803

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
clay
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 P0004
Good post. If you’re not making a living on this car it comes down to how much do you value your time. The increase , while it pisses me off, wouldn’t of changed my car choice. That number is different for everyone.
The bigger problem is that higher gas prices is going to lead to just about everything costing more...not just filling up your tank.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
When gas was $5 a gallon in 2008/09 I got a Lincoln LS dirt cheap because they couldn't move V8's they said. My bet is it does affect prices, but not as much on sports cars as you might think - because people who drive v8 Mustang's know what they are getting into.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Agree, but the wife and kids can skimp on other things 🤣
We all have to have somber faces around the kitchen table and make sacrifices for the greater "family" good. But YOU (wife+kids) FIRST !!

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hi everybody. I really want to buy a Mustang GT, Shelby GT350, or Mach 1. I am looking at new or used.

Does anyone think high gas prices will affect the value of new or used Mustangs by lowering the price of them at all? Should I wait to buy or buy now?

Wish I paid attention in Economics class. :crackup:

Thank you for reading.
If anything I would imagine the prices of NEW cars to go up due to the inflation. However, I imagine you can get a good deal on a private sale car due to someone skeptical on todays rising gas prices. A lot of people are going to unload their gas guzzlers.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of people are going to unload their gas guzzlers.
which really puzzles me. I mean a 20% increase breaks your personal financials? I could understand if we had 300% increase ($15/gal) gas causing people to run for the exits...

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
which really puzzles me. I mean a 20% increase breaks your personal financials? I could understand if we had 300% increase ($15/gal) gas causing people to run for the exits...
a lot of people have nothing to do except drive around for fun.
could become a massive drain in a pocket as a hobby
Sponsored