Sponsored

Will current EPA ruling trickle back to auto industry?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So in the event no one has heard,:
Supreme Court curbs EPA's ability to fight climate change
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/30/politics/supreme-court-climate-change-epa-regulations/index.html

First paragraph from story:
The Supreme Court curbed the Environmental Protection Agency's ability to broadly regulate carbon emissions from existing power plants, a major defeat
Will this also trickle back into the automotive/aftermarket industry as a positive- as in, if EPA now has no say in regulating carbon emissions from sources as large as power plants, then won't the same apply to capping them from having a say with automotive emissions?

I mean, emission so emission no matter the source....
Sponsored

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/30/politics/supreme-court-climate-change-epa-regulations/index.html

Will this also trickle back into the automotive/aftermarket industry as a positive- as in, if EPA now has no say in regulating carbon emissions from sources as large as power plants, then won't the same apply to capping them from having a say with automotive emissions?

Yep. Long live the V8!

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Someone smart finally got a clue. LOL
I went to a Kenworth/Cummins presentation last week on moving the large diesel truck industry into electric.
They were so out of fuckery they didn’t even know what the next 3 years looked like.
Because electric isn’t a reliable/viable/actual alternative to Diesel (in large trucks) due to EPA/state emission laws, Cummins went back to 20 year old tech of converting Diesel engines to Natural gas, and attempting Hydrocarbon.
It’s such a complete shit show.
The power grid in CA/OR/WA literally is not able to support the trucking community that the laws have been placed on. The electric companies are not able to install enough chargers required to charge a fleet of large trucks due to not enough transformers in most industrial areas where companies are placed (per Kenworth). That’s not even the start of the problem. The “150mile range”is complete BS, and based off of a truck running 80K LB CA regulated weight, half empty, the entire time. For our fleet (that can haul 105K), out of our 40 trucks, they could only travel about 50 miles a day on electric with our loads, when they are required to travel 400 miles. With ZERO charging options in between runs. Electric trucks are twice the cost of diesel ($200k+), and the chargers, are $125K each. There are incentives, but they don’t wash out in the end when you have to hire 10X as many drivers for the 10X amount of trucks you have to buy. They might work for the local P&D doing small local work, but that’s a minority of what most trucks run.
Talk about inflation!! If you want to see inflation 100X what it is now, push for electric big rigs LMAO! Of course, we just pass the cost onto the consumer, so my P&L from the business side will remain the same, but from the consumer side, we would be F’d in the A.

CA who already has a huge power problem, can’t figure out how to power their electric trucks, so now nuclear plants are in the talks.
And talk about going ass-backwards 🤣🤣🤣

If anyone was even a hint of smart, they wouldn’t have pushed for zero emissions so quickly, which would have forced a more efficient diesel/hybrid engine. But, politicians are going to politician. There’s $$$$ in the “green” sector. 🙄

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

I can’t see why they stopped at carbon emissions. Why not just remove the EPA entirely and just let industry decide our future. I mean, how hazardous can chemicals and gases really be?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I can’t see why they stopped at carbon emissions. Why not just remove the EPA entirely and just let industry decide our future.
Aren't you from Aus? This has no bearing on you.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
LMFAO.
Yeah, what you guys do to the planet in the US has no influence on anyone else in the world…
*sighs*

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I'd be more worried about India and China than us.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Unless of course the removal of emission controls on USDM models means they will never be exported in the future as it would cost the motor companies too much to retro fit required emission controls and remap the engine. Purely from a selfish pov that'll be a shame to longer have the options of rhd muscle cars in the future. Doubt I'll be able to afford the 650 or whatever follows anyway which is sad but that's life.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
LMFAO.
Yeah, what you guys do to the planet in the US has no influence on anyone else in the world…
*sighs*
C’mon Burkey, you don’t really think anyone here believes that do ya? We’re all cogs in a wheel, whether here, there or anywhere else for that matter.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Unless of course the removal of emission controls on USDM models means they will never be exported in the future
Do you really believe this? This ruling did not allow auto makers to remove emission controls. The sky is not falling.

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Do you really believe this? This ruling did not allow auto makers to remove emission controls. The sky is not falling.
Hence my opening statement of 'unless' it was a mere head nod to a single possible outcome not a prediction of where we might end up. Anyways, can see where this topic is going so tapping out enjoying my s550 while I can

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I see you are from Scotland.

Despite what the news reports are, all this ruling did was to make congress accountable for the agency's rules. Nothing is really going to change.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be more worried about India and China than us.
Who said I wasn’t worried about India and China? Do I only get to pick one or two nations to set my sights on?

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
LMFAO.
*sighs*
The United States isn't doing anything to the planet. You want to address the (supposed) problems? Address China, India, Taiwan, etc.

Even they aren't doing anything. The human race isn't causing any issues on this planet, that's just hubris.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I can’t see why they stopped at carbon emissions. Why not just remove the EPA entirely and just let industry decide our future. I mean, how hazardous can chemicals and gases really be?
Go back to your day job

window.gif

Great avatar pic as you complain about the environment. Were you double masked during that burn out?

Typical leftist hypocrite trash.
Sponsored