StangRacer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Ecoboost Mustang PP
Hey Guys,

What is the widest Tire/Rim combination I can fit onto my car (PP Ecoboost) while still staying in FS?

My car runs 19'9's on all four corners with the 255 P zeros but I want to see If I can get a 9.5 or 10 inch rim with tires on without bumping my class to FSP.
Sponsored

OP
OP
StangRacer

StangRacer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man. I'll have to weigh the options there then.

Until then I just need better shoes on 19x9.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah F-Street means factory width wheels. Wheel diameter can be +-1" (so 18x9 or 20x9 are ok). But the offsets need to be within like 7mm of the stock wheel offsets.

If ford provided a standalone wheel option from the factory in a wider size, you could run that, but I think 9" is it aside from the staggered PP wheels, which you can't use without also upgrading to all the rest of the Performance Package parts.

With all those restrictions it's possible to find/run a lighter 19x9 wheel, but it's just easier to run the stock wheels. Tire sizes can basically be as wide as you want. 275 or 285 is about the practical limit for a 9" rim.

BigBen5.Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Purple GT
i sold a set of 20x9+30 and 20x10.5 +40 avant garde wheels to a guy with an ecoboost and the fitment looks great lowered on eibachs, from what he has told me, no rubbing

Sponsored

OP
OP
StangRacer

StangRacer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the answers guys.

I think I'm going to try and find a set of 275's and put those on the car to see if I can get some additional grip. The P zeros are alright but there is more on the table to get.

JeepN3RD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Ok, so to take this a step further, can we "document" here the wheel options (stock, PP, etc.)

I see a 19" wheel option for my year (2015, Vert, GT Premium) but I think I have seen those wheels here on M6G and they are only 8.5" in width. Can anyone confirm that for sure?

However the FS rule allowing +/- 1 inch means that the "upgrade" that was available for 20" wheels (20x9) means we can run 19x9. That is the documentation or links I would love to confirm. That there is a 20x9 option for GTs that is NOT the PP / staggered and that the only difference is the wheel itself. So no changes to the bracing under the hood, etc.

If we can agree this is all legit, then I want to compile here in a list the "stock" wheels on the Mustangs that would fit our 6G.

For example, I am seeing the "Brembo" PP from 2010-2014, they appear to be 19x9 for front and rear, but I have heard two differing posts on whether or not they will fit? I have also seen some Boss 302 wheels, but differing posts on whether or not they are 8.5" in width or 9"

Essentially, I would love to compile a list here of FS legit wheel options. First we "prove" what is legit and then list the wheels OEM and aftermarket that we can use. I have a nice set of RE71Rs in my shed waiting for me to buy a legal set of wheels to put them on!!

Sam

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Ok, so to take this a step further, can we "document" here the wheel options (stock, PP, etc.)

I see a 19" wheel option for my year (2015, Vert, GT Premium) but I think I have seen those wheels here on M6G and they are only 8.5" in width. Can anyone confirm that for sure?

However the FS rule allowing +/- 1 inch means that the "upgrade" that was available for 20" wheels (20x9) means we can run 19x9. That is the documentation or links I would love to confirm. That there is a 20x9 option for GTs that is NOT the PP / staggered and that the only difference is the wheel itself. So no changes to the bracing under the hood, etc.

If we can agree this is all legit, then I want to compile here in a list the "stock" wheels on the Mustangs that would fit our 6G.

For example, I am seeing the "Brembo" PP from 2010-2014, they appear to be 19x9 for front and rear, but I have heard two differing posts on whether or not they will fit? I have also seen some Boss 302 wheels, but differing posts on whether or not they are 8.5" in width or 9"

Essentially, I would love to compile a list here of FS legit wheel options. First we "prove" what is legit and then list the wheels OEM and aftermarket that we can use. I have a nice set of RE71Rs in my shed waiting for me to buy a legal set of wheels to put them on!!

Sam
FS legit would be a long list, especially it varies quite a bit depending on your Mustang. Remember you can't mix and match options. Even the "stand alone" 20x9" optional wheels are rumored to come with some slight suspension/chassis differences, so it theory you need to add all of them to just run the 9" wheels on a standard GT.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7703

JeepN3RD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know we have some folks just back from Nationals, is there a "checklist" they use when the cars go into quarantine? Honestly, I don't know if this car will ever make it to Nebraska but if I do, I want to be legit. Locally, no one is asking, but I want to be legit and not waste my cash on a wheel that turns out I cannot use in FS.

I could be wrong but I think the v6 is in another class now, not sure about EB? If so that only leave GT variants? (Coupe) GT Base, Premium, PP, C/S, 50th. (Vert) GT Base, C/S, 50th and Premium.

But for all of those, there are only 4 OEM Wheels that I know of and everything is based on that:
18x8
19x8.5 (50th pkg and possibly the "Premium Alloy")
19x9;19.9.5 (PP)
20x9

Sponsored

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The S550 Mustangs in FS at Nats are all pretty much PP cars so that makes wheel choice pretty simple when you look at the tire needing to be run: 19x9 and 19x9.5 with a 275 or 285 RE71R.

The FS rules are +/- 1" diameter with offset +/- 7mm of factory spec. I think there is only one OTS wheel setup for GT and EB PPs that meet those requirements: the OZ Racing wheels sold at The Tire Rack. Else, it is the heavy factory wheels or custom Forgestars.

(note: those OZ wheels also come in an 18" size that would work for EB PP cars)

Non-PP cars may have a lot more choices depending on what the factory specs on the alternate sized wheels are. I don't know what they are nor the other stuff that goes along with say the 20x9 optional wheel so you might be the one having to do the research for the forum.

JeepN3RD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a quick follow up that the 19" OEM Dark Stainless wheels are only 8.5" wide with 42.5mm offset. One of the sellers on here was nice enough to take a picture of it for us.

I am hoping the 2011-2014 Brembo Track Pack wheels are the next choice, they are often referred to as 19x9.

Some of you may know more about them and can add to that knowledge here, I have heard two things. First is that the lug nuts are slightly different, but you can buy a new set that will "fix" this issue. The second is that the center hole is also slightly different and I have heard this is NOT an issue!?

JeepN3RD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, an EXCELLENT thread showing several 19x9 wheels on 2015 GT with Brembo brakes! http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15007

Here is a picture from inside the wheel showing 19x9 42mm

For those searching for this, I have seen it referred to as wheel 3862, Hyper Grey, Brembo, Track Pack. There is at least one other thread here with them installed on a 2015+ and they suggest "thin wall" lugnuts to make it work.
Sponsored

Last edited: