Sponsored

Why Won't Camaro drivers wave back?

Mike G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Although I'm a Mustang guy, I have nothing against Camaros. Pretty cool cars, but it's never crossed my mind to wave at them. Besides...given their visibility from the driver's seat, I don't think they'd ever see the wave.
Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' fusion 14 explorer sport
Here in TN when mustangs pass each other they rev to say hi. 99% of them have loud exhaust, including the 7 I have owned.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
while on my way home from dinner tonight with the wife in the Vette. Had a Camaro come up next to me lurching his hood... he did 3 honks and launched it to probably 80 while I continued 45...Mr. Law popped out two streets down lol sad Slowmaro enjoy that Virginia Reckless Driving ticket. Thought you guys would appreciate this lol

Monster_Load

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Premium, 2007 Tundra Limited
Same reason Harley riders don't wave to non-Harley riders. I gave up on them a long time ago. And, small town Texas, people still wave.

Sponsored

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
while on my way home from dinner tonight with the wife in the Vette. Had a Camaro come up next to me lurching his hood... he did 3 honks and launched it to probably 80 while I continued 45...Mr. Law popped out two streets down lol sad Slowmaro enjoy that Virginia Reckless Driving ticket. Thought you guys would appreciate this lol

Glad he got caught ! Except it just makes me more paranoid that it would just be my luck ill get pulled over on dome back roads (where cops never are >.<).

When I had my V6 I flashed my lights once. Got a handful of waves , but most of the GT owners just gave me death stares lol.

TiE2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium, with saddle interior
These aren't Jeeps. Get a Jeep and wave away. They don't stop.

Agreed on this 100%, The wave's never stop :headbang:

As for Camaro drivers not waving, that is untrue, During my last test drive, a V6 5th gen Camaro with a couple of younger guys in it caught up to me, I gave it a little gas and pulled them pretty hard. As soon as they caught back up I got thumbs up from both of them.

I'm sure they were car enthusists and not super brand loyal. I'm the same way. I'll give out thumbs up whenever I see a nice looking car on the road. I'd probably own a Camaro now, if I didn't have soo many issues with my Cobalt SS/SC and it turned me off from Chevy for a while.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
I get smiles from people more and people pointing. Im running 675 whp so that might have something to do with it. A black 2011 vette tried to play a few months ago but he got his feelings hurt badly.

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
Well I've driven all over the state and never been waved at and the drive to Austin, el Paso, and Dallas all have plenty of small towns in between. Plenty of gas station comments though.

The few times I've actually decided to wave or otherwise acknowledge a driver with a nice car I've been ignored.

Southern hospitality doesn't exist, it's all just southern hostility now.
Pssh, city slickers and non-Texans on Interstates don't count. :D

Get on some good Farm-to-Market roads in Northeast Texas. Everyone still waves at each other when passing.

Regardless of this, I doubt you'll get many Camaro owners give mutual respect. Chevy vs. Ford usually starts with trucks and it spills over into the muscle cars as well.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Both my previous and current stang would get a lot of love from fellow stang drivers. But any other sports car? Not so much. Although I am mainly talking about my interactions while in NYC. When i'm down in Northern VA visiting family, it's an entirely different story. I'll get nods from all sorts of drivers down there.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
there is a reason why these guys don wave back.

1. they know they are drivin a pony car whihc claims to be american but its not.

2. The mother company makes statements like " I DON HAVE MONEY , BUT I HAVE CHEVY" , which burns them.

3. They know they can never know wat real american muscle feels like.

4. IF they wave back... they will be like" WTF BY THE TIME I TOOK OUT MY HAND... THAT STANG IS 10 MILE GONE"
Sponsored