Sponsored

Why Won't Camaro drivers wave back?

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
A buddy of mine owns a 14 Camaro 1LE...he said he digs the look of my Mustang. Don't think I'll tangle with him on the track...Paxton Nuvi Supercharger, cam'd & dyno'd @: 685 HP at the wheels! Meanest Camaro I've heard yet!
image.jpg

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Fixed it for ya. :D

Small town Texas still has this tradition.
Well I've driven all over the state and never been waved at and the drive to Austin, el Paso, and Dallas all have plenty of small towns in between. Plenty of gas station comments though.

The few times I've actually decided to wave or otherwise acknowledge a driver with a nice car I've been ignored.

Southern hospitality doesn't exist, it's all just southern hostility now.

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Well I've driven all over the state and never been waved at and the drive to Austin, el Paso, and Dallas all have plenty of small towns in between. Plenty of gas station comments though.

The few times I've actually decided to wave or otherwise acknowledge a driver with a nice car I've been ignored.

Southern hospitality doesn't exist, it's all just southern hostility now.
I disagree completely but then again Texas has it's own thing going on (That is not an insult by any means). The head nod and/or wave between car owners is alive and well down here in New Orleans and most places I drive to throughout the deep south (Southeast). Now we do have absolutely horrendous drivers in Louisiana so other hand motions come into play as well :ninja:

Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
I was buying new drying towels and this guy comes up and says "Is that your new Mustang outside?" After I said it was, he said "Why didn't you get a Camaro?" I laughed and told him why. Then he caught up with me in the parking lot to take a closer look. He only had positives to say and a few days later as I rolled along side him at a light, he rolled down his window and gave a thumbs up.

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
I was buying new drying towels and this guy comes up and says "Is that your new Mustang outside?" After I said it was, he said "Why didn't you get a Camaro?" I laughed and told him why. Then he caught up with me in the parking lot to take a closer look. He only had positives to say and a few days later as I rolled along side him at a light, he rolled down his window and gave a thumbs up.
:thumbsup:

I am itching to get the new Stang. But I have to wait for a year! (for various reasons)

ShadowHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT

Scott in Houston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Track Package
Funny.

I have a Jeep now and people wave all the time… and I wave back.

I've had a few 911's, and people used to wave, but over the last few years, it's died. Nobody does anymore.

Never heard of a Mustang waving to another Mustang, much less, a Camaro!

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Granted, I live in the South where everyone waves at everyone. I was born a Yankee so I limit my friendliness to people I know and cool cars. I've been getting a lot of older Mustang attention, but Camaro driver's snub me nearly every time. Are that many people THAT brand loyal? Discuss.
How can they wave back when you are leaving them in the dust? Kinda hard.

;):D:)

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Old time small Texas town wave, don't matter what car or who is driving.

I M STIG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard GT PP
When I had my '08 Bullitt, V6 Mustangs used to try and race me (I still don't know why), an S197 GT gave me the finger the day I bought it, and the only Mustangs to wave the entire time having my Bullitt were GT500s... Try and figure all that out!

As far as this '15, no one has waved back yet. In my E90 M3 and 997.1 911 Carrera S, everyone waved, even non-BMW/Porsche owners, haha.

michformulas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium
I traded in my 2012 Jeep JK 2dr decently modified for fun offroad on 35's, winch etc. for my Mustang. I was ready for a different kind of fun. I don't mind waving back at somebody that likes the car or waving at something really awesome (regardless of what they are driving) but the Jeep wave thing is almost all obligation not appreciation. Especially the 4 door soccer mom Jeeps. Next time you hear people clapping think obligation or appreciation? Do what you want but don't do what others expect you should do!

Paul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE WW #666
HAHAH this thread is funny, funny because its TURE. Took mine in to dyno today and the guy that runs the shop is a die hard chevy guy and he told me he loves the new mustangs, even more than the new camaro. That means a lot to me being he's has been driving some form of chevy for over 30 years hahaha
Sponsored