Why the Mach1 is a rip off

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
No idea, it's still all rolled up. Most likely a 2 person dome type tent.
my little one just started cub scouts this year, I am the den leader, and we take my '86 bronco on the camping trips. if I could get my hand on a bronco branded tent, that would be the bees knees.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I never really followed the 350R pricing because the lack of A/C and a rear seat defeated the point of owning a Mustang, but I think they were $10-15k more than the base car.
You do know that the GT350R could be purchased with A/C and they sold a rear seat kit to add them back in. Sure for the first few years the base GT350R didn't have A/C or a radio but there was an option to add them. I think the last two years they made A/C and radio standard. Likely because most were ordered with them.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
You do know that the GT350R could be purchased with A/C and they sold a rear seat kit to add them back in. Sure for the first few years the base GT350R didn't have A/C or a radio but there was an option to add them. I think the last two years they made A/C and radio standard. Likely because most were ordered with them.
I know that, but Iā€™ve always felt it was kind of silly to buy an R, the entire purpose of which was to be a low-weight track car, and then pay extra to put stuff back in. That and good luck finding a reasonably priced R with those options. For as little as I would track it, the regular GT350 makes much more sense

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I know that, but Iā€™ve always felt it was kind of silly to buy an R, the entire purpose of which was to be a low-weight track car, and then pay extra to put stuff back in. That and good luck finding a reasonably priced R with those options. For as little as I would track it, the regular GT350 makes much more sense
Yeah buying an R then putting a back set in never made sense to me. I know a Ford Engineer who got one of the limited 2015 R's and didn't get the radio or A/C because he pretty much only uses it on track.

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...I don't see the car as a 'rip-off.'
I would have bought a Mach 1 instead of the '21 GT PP if it
had been available in Grabber Blue.
In a month I'll be 67, so I don't intend to buy another car. My
racing days are over.

Besides, you only think it is a rip is because you don't own one.

(and I don't want a Metallic Grabber Blue)
IMG_0467.JPG

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Yeah buying an R then putting a back set in never made sense to me. I know a Ford Engineer who got one of the limited 2015 R's and didn't get the radio or A/C because he pretty much only uses it on track.
...I went thru the same drill with a '15 Z-28.
It at least had a Radio, however no A/C or Gauge Pack.

75 large for a 2015 car and no A/C? It wasn't happening.............:crazy:

IMG_0119.JPG

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
that would be self-evident, no? You'd have to be a special kind of stupid to claim 'rip off' and then go and buy one.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),

Sponsored

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
There is definitely a strong ā€œI really want this but canā€™t afford itā€ under current in this thread coupled with the entitled ā€œit should be cheaper because I want itā€ theme.

Even with all the BS going on in the world and auto industry Ford still sold more of this niche car than they plan for.

It was a much better put together car, with better options, than the Bullitt, and had better daily driver appeal than the GT500/350.

So much so that many people are paying more than sticker for this car.

Iā€™ll guess that about 6,000ish of us got ripped off, but Iā€™ll bet most of us would rush out and repeat this self loathing and financially disastrous act of purchasing this atrocious ripoff again if we had to do it over. šŸ˜‚

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Happily Ripped off owner that would do it again here! $56,500 - 700A, wheel and Red Brembo upgrade.
I'd also love another trip to Ford Performance school!

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
more likely no one wants orange.
it's the AT. almost all the ATs I've seen are discounted or MSRP at most.
Yea, I'd guess it's more the 600a and the A10 as opposed to the color. But then again I ordered a yellow car, so my opinion is suspect. For a $3k price differential for similarly equipped vehicles you can bet I would be all over a TO car.

IMO the only reason you buy the 600a non-recaro seats is you are intending to rip them out and replace them with racing seats or your own leather upholstery. Nobody wants a $55k+ car with cheap feeling seats.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
There is definitely a strong ā€œI really want this but canā€™t afford itā€ under current in this thread coupled with the entitled ā€œit should be cheaper because I want itā€ theme.
In my case I can absolutely afford it. But I refuse to buy since the value for price is simply not there. It should be cheaper not because "I want it so" but because the incremental value simply doesn't exist from Ford's OWN published pricing of the upgrades in prior years. I can buy a new TR3160 and have it installed if I really want. The track coolers etc can be done at least as well if perhaps better for pennies on the dollar.

2-3 grand over a fully kitted Bullitt's pricing for the 700A/HP and I would have no heartburn.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
In my case I can absolutely afford it. But I refuse to buy since the value for price is simply not there. It should be cheaper not because "I want it so" but because the incremental value simply doesn't exist from Ford's OWN published pricing of the upgrades in prior years. I can buy a new TR3160 and have it installed if I really want. The track coolers etc can be done at least as well if perhaps better for pennies on the dollar.

2-3 grand over a fully kitted Bullitt's pricing for the 700A/HP and I would have no heartburn.
Installing all that aftermarket would bring you much more than heartburn.
Your time has value!
Factory equipped with all this is worth a lot!
Sponsored