Why the Mach1 is a rip off

8GTOKLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 DHG Bullitt
I wasn't aware the bullitt came with 11" wide rear wheels and a tremec šŸ¤”
Yes. Thats the PP2 part lol

Did not realize there was a Bullitt PP2. So the Shelby GT500 is a parts bin from the Bullitt?
This isnt a Shelby 500 thread. but, Nope its just a supercharged 350R

I found this thread funny so I just poured gas on the fire. Its all jokes people. I enjoy all.
Sponsored

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 F350 DRW Platinum
Well lap times show it. Trouble is you cant easily compare that vs someone else and tbh most people will never track their car. Its like id they had some premium drag package with all sort of tweaks that made it better at the strip. Id have a hard time caring about it.
But you arenā€™t going on their forums and giving them shit for it right? You pays your money and you makes your choice, I wouldnā€™t expend the energy to go do that to someone elseā€™s hard earned possessions.

I hope to meet a shit talker on the track though.šŸ˜€

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Iā€™ve been enjoying my Mach so far. Itā€™s definitely an attention getter, even though thatā€™s not at all why I bought it.

I guess I could still trade it in for a GT350, but the reality is that since I donā€™t track it, the handling and power are already more than I will ever ask for in a daily driver. And Iā€™d still have to pay $5k more to ā€˜upgradeā€™ to a two year older car with 20k more miles. Just doesnā€™t make any sense to me, so Iā€™ll keep mine.

Itā€™s irksome that the Mach will forever be eclipsed in the 350ā€™s shadow, but those of us who own them can be content with an excellent car.

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Itā€™s irksome that the Mach will forever be eclipsed in the 350ā€™s shadow, but those of us who own them can be content with an excellent car.
Agreed, when I had my 03 Mach, the Cobros always talked crap about the Mach. It wasnā€™t until the Procharger install, that it was a respected vehicle. Still miss that car but looking forward to the new one.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
This car with an E85 tune would be perfect. I just don't want my ECU encrypted with an RTD. Tuning options suck now.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Yes. Thats the PP2 part lol

This isnt a Shelby 500 thread. but, Nope its just a supercharged 350R

I found this thread funny so I just poured gas on the fire. Its all jokes people. I enjoy all.
I can't tell if you're being facetious or not.

Are you being sarcastic and challenging the idea the Mach1 isn't a parts bin car? Because it absolutely IS and the GT500 absolutely isn't.

Aside from the hood, the Mach1 was a "let's take as many of the cost effective great features of the GT350 and ditch the FPC, slap some unique styling cues and sell it as a special variant with a marketing name that will help to justify why it costs so much more than just an upgraded GT"

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I can't tell if you're being facetious or not.

Are you being sarcastic and challenging the idea the Mach1 isn't a parts bin car? Because it absolutely IS and the GT500 absolutely isn't.

Aside from the hood, the Mach1 was a "let's take as many of the cost effective great features of the GT350 and ditch the FPC, slap some unique styling cues and sell it as a special variant with a marketing name that will help to justify why it costs so much more than just an upgraded GT"
waaaah waaaaaah waaaaah.

go cry over your awesome but busted motor when we get all the goodies, and you only get a bespoke engine that, while sounds cool, loves to burn oil and blow up.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
waaaah waaaaaah waaaaah.

go cry over your awesome but busted motor when we get all the goodies, and you only get a bespoke engine that, while sounds cool, loves to burn oil and blow up.
I think the Mach1 is great, except for the price tag/value. But it's still a parts bin car. Aside from the hood, what's new? Aside from the hood, what additional research and development did Ford have to invest in it?

A good litmus test for parts bin is whether it's already been developed, contracted with a vendor and fielded on a previous model. Aside from the badge and the name (and some unique styling cues) what exactly is new on it?

Don't be a Dodge homer. Mopar guys fall for parts bin sales gimmicks on the reg. Chrysler laughs all the way to the bank. They slap together 30 year old parts and tech and Dodge buyers eat it up.

I'd be on board with the Mach1 if Ford priced it for what it is.....a parts bin, upgraded GT. Aside from the 3160, there's not a single part you couldn't drop into a GT with no compatibility issues.

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I think the Mach1 is great, except for the price tag/value. But it's still a parts bin car. Aside from the hood, what's new? Aside from the hood, what additional research and development did Ford have to invest in it?

A good litmus test for parts bin is whether it's already been developed, contracted with a vendor and fielded on a previous model. Aside from the badge and the name (and some unique styling cues) what exactly is new on it?

Don't be a Dodge homer. Mopar guys fall for parts bin sales gimmicks on the reg. Chrysler laughs all the way to the bank. They slap together 30 year old parts and tech and Dodge buyers eat it up.

I'd be on board with the Mach1 if Ford priced it for what it is.....a parts bin, upgraded GT. Aside from the 3160, there's not a single part you couldn't drop into a GT with no compatibility issues.
Seeing as how it is quite literally a GT350(r) w/o the bespoke engine, at <10k the price for the last year, it seems a damn good deal, especially since that engine has almost zero use on the street.

In fact, I would say that for street use, the M1 is a BETTER car than the GT350 or GT350R, at a better price point as well. Parts bin? Fuck man, they're all parts bin cars essentually, a combination of a bunch of different shit sitting on a shelf. this isn't 1970 with 8 different engines, 6 different transmissions, and 4 different rear ends to come up with 1024 different potential power combos.

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
I have read through most of this thread, and remember the day it started. As an owner of a fully loaded GT with a MSRP of $54K, I feel the M1 is an absolute bargain. After having my car for a year and a half, it is by far the most satisfying car I have owned, and I have owned many. I guess I'm fortunate to have bought my car before the craziness started, and got a good amount off of the MSRP, I feel it is worth the sticker price in driving satisfaction alone. To have a lower production, better performing (special car) for a little more is a blessing, not a rip-off. Well worth the small premium.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I have read through most of this thread, and remember the day it started. As an owner of a fully loaded GT with a MSRP of $54K, I feel the M1 is an absolute bargain. After having my car for a year and a half, it is by far the most satisfying car I have owned, and I have owned many. I guess I'm fortunate to have bought my car before the craziness started, and got a good amount off of the MSRP, I feel it is worth the sticker price in driving satisfaction alone. To have a lower production, better performing (special car) for a little more is a blessing, not a rip-off. Well worth the small premium.
I'm speaking more to the value prior to the inflation/covid isht show.

Ford had already priced it most of the way to a GT350 back when you could still get loaded GT's for significantly cheaper.

Now if they've converged and you could get a Mach1 for the same or slightly more, it's a no brainer, it's a markedly better car.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Seeing as how it is quite literally a GT350(r) w/o the bespoke engine, at <10k the price for the last year, it seems a damn good deal, especially since that engine has almost zero use on the street.

In fact, I would say that for street use, the M1 is a BETTER car than the GT350 or GT350R, at a better price point as well. Parts bin? Fuck man, they're all parts bin cars essentually, a combination of a bunch of different shit sitting on a shelf. this isn't 1970 with 8 different engines, 6 different transmissions, and 4 different rear ends to come up with 1024 different potential power combos.
Oh Lort, did you just try to equivocate the M1 with a 350R?

First off, in a word. No.

The R has better brakes, not only in 2 piece rotors, but they're bigger and in the rear, single piston doesn't even compare to 4 piston brakes. The R brakes will not fit on the M1, the wheels won't allow them to work.

The R has different hubs, different spindles, etc.

The R has larger and much lighter CF wheels. The M1 has smaller and much heavier wheels.

The R has better aero, better suspension components (to compliment the better aero) in the springs, sway bar, etc.

The R (like it's little brother) revs higher and makes more power, and is lighter than the M1, resulting in faster straight line acceleration as well as much higher traps.

The R (and the base 350) is wider (both the front fenders and the rear fenders) to accommodate the wider tires/wheels.

The R has aluminum strut tower brace (vs steel).

The R (and the base 350) have better axles.

Now, we could have lengthy debates about how much any of that makes a difference, but the 2 cars are not the same. The results speak for themselves in various testing of everything from skid pad to lap times to drag times.

You could make a credible argument that the M1 captures MOST of the performance at a reduced cost compared to the R, but it is in virtually no way, better than a 350, let alone an R,