fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
The title of the thread is "Why the Mach 1 is a bargain..."

In response to that, here is my answer. Some of these details I just learned, some I already knew:

These are kind of in order of importance:

Tremec 6 speed transmission
Exterior appearance including unique striping, front fascia, Mach 1 emblems
Unique exhaust sound (vs active exhaust on the GT) and very cool exhaust tips
PP 1 handling package with unique Mach 1 tuning, GT 350/500 parts.
MagneRide
Unique wheels (I ordered the performance wheels)
Much better cooling
An owners manual that actually tells you how to set up the car to track or drag race it (this was never on my Bullitt or GT manuals) which tells me Ford made this Mach 1 to DRIVE!

Comparing the Mach 1 I ordered to a Mustang GT Premium with similar options was approximately $4,500 more for the Mach 1.

So, I am paying this "premium" for a car with:

More HP
Better handling
Wider wheels
Better cooling
More distinct and unique
Much better transmission including 5 speeds with one OD vs 4 speeds with 2 OD

That is what makes the Mach 1 a bargain.
Now that my good man is the best explanation that I have heard yet, great breakdown. I traded in a 2020 GT500 to order this car and I doubt that I will be disappointed, I can't wait to shift gears again. 🍺:flag::thumbsup:
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Mach 1 will be better than a PP2, and possibly close to a base 350. PP2 already beats the M2 Comp around Laguna Seca (my baseline track for no particular reason :cwl:). I will magazine race you aallgod damn day in my hypothetical Mach1 vs. your potential M2 :giggle:
Can you share proof for PP2 faster than M2 Comp on Laguna Seca ?

mduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT M6 2018 Orange Fury, Mach 1 on order
I don't understand how you naysayers can constantly jump on all these threads where we want to talk about what we like about the car. I mean if you're envious jealous angry go to a different thread they're a bunch of those out there. I just don't get it.
This says it all - there is even an own thread in the Mach 1 forum section about the "negatives", still you come in here bashing .

In this thread we talk about what is positive about Mach 1, nothing else!
If we for some reason would like to ready about the negative opions then we go to that subsection on the forums.

My reason for upgrading to the Mach 1 is simple - You only live once!
A superb family and sports / track car =)

Thank you

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I personally could car less about beating the M2 Competition on the track. I have owned and modified cars to handle much better than stock. I remember the ride of my Bullitt being very quiet and balanced. And, I could see clearly out of the front windshield.

I didn't order the HP precisely because I want to drive the car on Michigans crummy roads without needing a kidney transplant. Not saying the HP will be that much firmer, but I wanted tires that could soak up road crap better.

We are going to love this car. The Bullitt wasn't as popular as it might have been because of the requirement being either black or green and only a manual transmission.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
M2 is small, not very practical and from what I've heard a super stiff ride. In auto form it's a $65k car. Mach 1 is a better deal and will cost a ton less to maintain.
Plus, 2 more cylinders = BARGAiN!!

Sponsored

Matthewneedforgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1
Yes, if you are just going to cruise around to car shows and never drive the car hard I can see how you might feel that way.
I have 2019 pp1 and love to push it what I am saying about this car is that it is too close to the bullett spec I just wish ford did more to set it apart from the pp2 and bullett

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
2016 base 350s are 60k here. 90-100k for '19+. I just saw a '20 TT 350R listing for 189k lol. Our monopoly money takes a hosing
Why not buy the car in the US?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I have 2019 pp1 and love to push it what I am saying about this car is that it is too close to the bullett spec I just wish ford did more to set it apart from the pp2 and bullett
See, that's the issue. Stop wishing for what you wanted the car to be and appreciate it for what it is. Every Mustang is just another version of another Mustang. The Bullitt was just a green GT and the PP2 is just a PP1 with better tires. See, easy to make simplistic comparisons.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
My post in the why the Mach 1 is a rip off thread is because a loaded up and similarly equipped Mach 1 w/ A10, B&O stereo, handling package, leather recaros, etc., costs almost as much as an A10 ZL1 (which comes fully loaded), which will beat the Mach 1 in every performance metric and will have better steering.

That said, the reason I like the Mach 1 is:
  • A GT PP1 w/ MagneRide (what I have) handles very well, and the Mach 1 will be even better.
  • It looks awesome with the handling package's very unique wheels, add the appearance package and it looks even better
  • Great front end refresh, and I really like the GT500 inspired rear end
  • The iconic name
  • Upgraded intake for 20 hp over a GT (should be at least 500 hp IMO, but at least it's something)
  • Upgraded manual trans.

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
M2 is small, not very practical and from what I've heard a super stiff ride. In auto form it's a $65k car. Mach 1 is a better deal and will cost a ton less to maintain.
Plus, 2 more cylinders = BARGAiN!!
M2 has about the same room as the Mustang. I can fit in the back just as well as any mustang I have owned. It also has a good sized trunk. As for it being stiff...yeah it is however, so was all the mustangs I have owned. The Mustang and the M2 were not made to be a comfy lux car.

You cant go wrong with either.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
From what Ford has published about it, it should be better. I’m interested in seeing how much. The PP2 posted a better lap time than a Camaro SS 1LE by about 1 second at the Lightning Lap. Is the Mach 1 another second better? 0.1 better? It will/would be a lot easier for folks to justify the cost of a Mach 1 if/when there was data showing how it stacks up on a track compared to those two cars.
Throttle house ran the SS 1LE and the PP2 on a fairly short technical track, both on Cup 2s, and the SS 1LE was more than a second faster than the PP2 - same day, same driver, same tire - on a ~75 second track. I think that's the most definitive track test done with the two cars thus far.

C&D tested the two cars and the SS 1LE was quicker 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile as well: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro vs. 2019 Ford Mustang – SS 1LE vs. GT PPL2 (caranddriver.com)

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost mustang, f150 lariat supercrew, Audi S5 Cabriolet
It comes complete with an attractive front end, unlike the hideous catfish face of the 2018-current regular mustangs.

F8A6DFF3-4E5C-48A9-8562-E27F091503AC_1_201_a.jpeg
To be completely transparent, I did create this thread to be a little provocative. However, I do feel the Mach 1 is the best S550 variant Ford has offered and the one I've been waiting for. Here is why:

It's the most attractive of the S550 family.
Mach 1 comes with a ton of legitimate and usable performance hardware but is still street friendly.
The Mach 1 name and graphics carry some historical provenance.
Choice of manual AND automatic transmissions.
Choice of the entire mustang color palette. Well, not the entire palette...

In other words, it doesn't have the peaky power band of the amazing gt350 or the insanity of the gt500 but it's still a fast and capable car that's fun and comfortable to drive. Plus, unlike the Model T and the Bullit, I can have almost any color I want.

Now, if I could have what I really, really want, my Mach 1 would have:

7 speed dual clutch automatic and brakes from the gt500
Glass roof
The bird's nest wheels WITHOUT the giant gt500 wing
Carbonized gray paint WITH the orange brake calipers (2 wishes in 1)
An interior worthy of an Audi (without the cheap visors)
At least, the acceleration of a Model 3 Performance (or Model S Plaid)

As to price, I optioned up a GT Premium as closely as possible to a Mach 1 Premium. The prices are shockingly close but you get better hardware and cosmetics with the Mach 1. No brainer.

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 2.57.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 2.58.48 PM.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost mustang, f150 lariat supercrew, Audi S5 Cabriolet
To be completely transparent, I did create this thread to be a little provocative. However, I do feel the Mach 1 is the best S550 variant Ford has offered and the one I've been waiting for. Here is why:

It's the most attractive of the S550 family.
Mach 1 comes with a ton of legitimate and usable performance hardware but is still street friendly.
The Mach 1 name and graphics carry some historical provenance.
Choice of manual AND automatic transmissions.
Choice of the entire mustang color palette. Well, not the entire palette...

In other words, it doesn't have the peaky power band of the amazing gt350 or the insanity of the gt500 but it's still a fast and capable car that's fun and comfortable to drive. Plus, unlike the Model T and the Bullit, I can have almost any color I want.

Now, if I could have what I really, really want, my Mach 1 would have:

7 speed dual clutch automatic and brakes from the gt500
Glass roof
The bird's nest wheels WITHOUT the giant gt500 wing
Carbonized gray paint WITH the orange brake calipers (2 wishes in 1)
An interior worthy of an Audi (without the cheap visors)
At least, the acceleration of a Model 3 Performance (or Model S Plaid)
Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 11.01.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 10.56.59 AM.png

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Are you under 5'4"? If not, I call bullshit on fitting in the back of the Mustang. Ain't nobody sitting behind my seat, unless they're a small woman sitting cross-legged. My seat is in contact with the back seat, there is zero legroom.
Which is precisely why rear seat delete should be an option on any Mustang. The only person sitting behind me in mine would be a double amputee.
Sponsored