Why the Mach 1 is a bargain....

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I don't understand how you naysayers can constantly jump on all these threads where we want to talk about what we like about the car. I mean if you're envious jealous angry go to a different thread they're a bunch of those out there. I just don't get it.
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I wrote that whole long post to try to explain. One lap - yes the PP2 might make one lap faster. But do you want bragging rights on the internet or a fun track day car?
Mach 1 is lighter and more HP than a PP2 don't see it making slower lap times.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I don't understand how you naysayers can constantly jump on all these threads where we want to talk about what we like about the car. I mean if you're envious jealous angry go to a different thread they're a bunch of those out there. I just don't get it.
Not naysaying, just looking for data. I like the Machs.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
But you would still have a Mustang GT and not a Mach 1. And that’s fine if all you want is a modified GT. Those who ”want” a Mach 1 will not be rationalizing the numbers (as ridiculous as they may be). Really goes for any special/limited edition model. Special is in the eye of the beholder.
... which all goes back to my original point of, what are people willing to pay for badges and emblems. Not saying its right or wrong. Just saying that if people couldn’t tell visually what it was, would the cost be worth the performance gains to them. That’s why I’m so interested in test data.
Yes.

I love the Mach 1 and have always wanted to add the model to my owned list. But I've got a hard quote on one how I'd want it, as well as the trade value of my lowly but long paid off GT, and the price to play would be $30K. That's a lot of scratch to rationalize toward another NA 5.0 car. For me, an A10 Mach would have to be a hell of a ringer and run some amazing quarter mile times.....

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
You sound like someone who bought a mach 1..... Leave Brittany alone!

Just bustin balls lol. Nice buy, congrats!

It's more the people who have a GT already who are mainly standing back and looking at the big picture. Do I want to give up my car for X amount of more debt for an X amount of more performance?

For what it is worth, I like the mach 1 a lot but taking on 40k of debt is NOT worth it.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You sound like someone who bought a mach 1..... Leave Brittany alone!

Just bustin balls lol. Nice buy, congrats!

It's more the people who have a GT already who are mainly standing back and looking at the big picture. Do I want to give up my car for X amount of more debt for an X amount of more performance?

For what it is worth, I like the mach 1 a lot but taking on 40k of debt is NOT worth it.
For us First Gen owners Mach 1 also add a lot of creature comfort and extras so it's a bit of a difference but for example in my country is priced like a new M2 Comp so no way I'm spending that much on a Mustang that still will be slower than an M2 Comp on my local track.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I object to it being termed "a bargain". Otherwise, I have no objections to the car. $40k would be a bargain.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
... which all goes back to my original point of, what are people willing to pay for badges and emblems. Not saying its right or wrong. Just saying that if people couldn’t tell visually what it was, would the cost be worth the performance gains to them. That’s why I’m so interested in test data.
I agree with your point. If one were just looking for the performance gains it might be difficult to justify the cost. But if a Mach 1 name means something too you then the cost may become secondary. Another words to each his/her own.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I just don't see this being the case.
what, slower than a M2 Comp? Of course it might. Oops 1-lap says otherwise. Should have checked first.

2018 Ford Mustang GT Performance Package Level 2, 2:53.8
2019 BMW M2 Competition, 2:59.7

Last edited:

BlackMambaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gord
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Here in Canada, the Mach 1 list price is 20K higher than a fully loaded GT Premium PP1 with all the options (401A, Active Exhaust, Enhanced Security and B&O stereo). No thanks.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I object to it being termed "a bargain". Otherwise, I have no objections to the car. $40k would be a bargain.
I too didn't like the word bargain originally either. But then I realized we weren't talking about discounted prices but rather value for the money spent.

So looking at the Mach 1 as a whole, performance, style, comfort, features, history, specialness, etc. is $60,000 a value. Forget other Mustangs, just concentrate on the Mach 1 as a standalone model. In a world where the average cost of a piece of transportation is inching closer to $40k maybe the Mach 1 is a bargain.

BlackMambaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gord
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Not sure, but that's what the dealers are selling them for here.