Not open for further replies.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I see this was moved into a super deep part of the forum. LOL gotta keep that vendor money coming in eh Admin? Disgusting how forums have become nothing more than vendor shills these days.
You need to get a new perspective on things. That comment is such BS.
Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Hereā€™s the other side to the story, based on what Iā€™m being told by the Steeda reps you spoke to:

Erich got upset with Frank (one of our sales reps) because Frank 'couldnā€™t help him.' Letā€™s just make this clear, he was very rude to Frank telling him he didnā€™t know anything about the products he was selling - Frank has been with us 20 years this July! At this point the call was transferred to Scott, our Director of Manufacturing.

At this point as the customer mentioned, he immediately told Scott he was having a horrible day. So knowing this, Scott was even more kind and accommodating because hey, we all know what itā€™s like to have a bad day.

Scott gave the customer several reasons why the restrictor wasnā€™t fitting - temperature, no lube, etc. He then told Scott there was no mention of lube in the instructions, which is incorrect - itā€™s in step 8 of the instructions. Scott gave him several suggestions for how to get the restrictor out: WD-40, some oil in from backside of the mass air and give it a couple minutes and then try to remove it. We also suggested to him not to pull on the part straight, but try to rotate it side to side to ease it out. All in all Scott gave him several suggestions and then told him ā€˜we stand behind our products and if you canā€™t get it installed correctly we will replace it for you, even with the restrictor installed.ā€™ Erich then got so upset with Scott that he said ā€˜this conversation is ending nowā€™ and he hung up.

Erich,

I just tried giving you a call (on both phone numbers we have in our system), and one rang for about 2 minutes whereas the other went right to voicemail - both stating the party I am trying to reach is unavailable. So Iā€™ll post here.

Installation miscommunication happens all the time, I wish you would have reached out directly to me so I could have assisted - and I am still willing to assist if youā€™d like.

We have sold thousands of these CAI kits, and not once can I recall an issue with inserting the restrictor. The instructions say that you ā€˜mayā€™ need to lube the restrictor during install, because well not everyone needs to use it to accomplish a successful install.

Dragging our company name through the mud will not be tolerated. I personally put a lot of time into this forum just as many other vendors do, and if you donā€™t reach out to me, I canā€™t help and while anyone who answers our phone should be able to help, I canā€™t chime in if Iā€™m out of the loop.

Regarding USPS, ask any company that uses them, heck even call USPS directly - they have so many tracking issues itā€™s not even funny. Weā€™ve seen cases where it shows shipped on our end and the tracking number only shows up once the package is already delivered. Not sure what goes on there sometimes.

The team and I are still more than happy to make it right, and even though it looks like you should have used the semi-suggested lube during your installation, weā€™ll happily take the restrictor back and send you out a new one - weā€™ll even pre-install it for you as our Director of Manufacturing Scott told you over the phone (which you failed to mention in your post) so thereā€™s no guesswork.

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
I see this was moved into a super deep part of the forum. LOL gotta keep that vendor money coming in eh Admin? Disgusting how forums have become nothing more than vendor shills these days.
This was double posted. The incorrect subforum post has been removed.

cyril185

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What a pain in the ass customer :)

"The piece continued to go in until such a point it is now stuck."
No one was pushing on it like a donkey, right?
It continued on its own...
It's alive, it's aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
lol really? Because thats totally something I thought I would have needed, along with the lube. Oh wait I didnt.

Seriously get over it and get it fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

OP
OP

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
Hereā€™s the other side to the story, based on what Iā€™m being told by the Steeda reps you spoke to:

Erich got upset with Frank (one of our sales reps) because Frank 'couldnā€™t help him.'

Incorrect I NEVER stated this to the best of my memory

Letā€™s just make this clear, he was very rude to Frank telling him he didnā€™t know anything about the products he was selling - Frank has been with us 20 years this July! At this point the call was transferred to Scott, our Director of Manufacturing.

Franks first question was, "Is there a retaining screw?". He obviously is not familiar with the product given there is no retaining anything involved with the restrictor piece. And I will tell you what I told him, I have no interest or care how long he has been there. Its irrelevant to the situation.

At this point as the customer mentioned, he immediately told Scott he was having a horrible day. So knowing this, Scott was even more kind and accommodating because hey, we all know what itā€™s like to have a bad day.

Scott gave the customer several reasons why the restrictor wasnā€™t fitting - temperature, no lube, etc. He then told Scott there was no mention of lube in the instructions, which is incorrect - itā€™s in step 8 of the instructions.

Actually its step 6. And its a side note of step 6. And to the best of my memory at the time when I called I didnt not remember seeing anything about lubing the orings. Or more to the point it being REQUIRED to install.

Scott gave him several suggestions for how to get the restrictor out: WD-40, some oil in from backside of the mass air and give it a couple minutes and then try to remove it. We also suggested to him not to pull on the part straight, but try to rotate it side to side to ease it out. All in all Scott gave him several suggestions and then told him ā€˜we stand behind our products and if you canā€™t get it installed correctly we will replace it for you, even with the restrictor installed.ā€™ Erich then got so upset with Scott that he said ā€˜this conversation is ending nowā€™ and he hung up.

At which point I had told him several times I was not comfortable or willing to try and remove it as I was worried about damaging it further.

Erich,

I just tried giving you a call (on both phone numbers we have in our system), and one rang for about 2 minutes whereas the other went right to voicemail - both stating the party I am trying to reach is unavailable. So Iā€™ll post here.

Installation miscommunication happens all the time, I wish you would have reached out directly to me so I could have assisted - and I am still willing to assist if youā€™d like.

We have sold thousands of these CAI kits, and not once can I recall an issue with inserting the restrictor. The instructions say that you ā€˜mayā€™ need to lube the restrictor during install, because well not everyone needs to use it to accomplish a successful install.

Dragging our company name through the mud will not be tolerated.

Im curious at which point did I 'drag your company through the mud' and what are you inferring by not being tolerated?

I personally put a lot of time into this forum just as many other vendors do, and if you donā€™t reach out to me, I canā€™t help and while anyone who answers our phone should be able to help, I canā€™t chime in if Iā€™m out of the loop.

Regarding USPS, ask any company that uses them, heck even call USPS directly - they have so many tracking issues itā€™s not even funny. Weā€™ve seen cases where it shows shipped on our end and the tracking number only shows up once the package is already delivered. Not sure what goes on there sometimes.

The team and I are still more than happy to make it right, and even though it looks like you should have used the semi-suggested lube during your installation, weā€™ll happily take the restrictor back and send you out a new one - weā€™ll even pre-install it for you as our Director of Manufacturing Scott told you over the phone (which you failed to mention in your post) so thereā€™s no guesswork.
I have made a few corrections to this statement. I will consider your offer however I have little faith in Steeda at this point. And yes as I had already stated I was heated when I called. I was not happy and took some of that frustration out in a not constructive manor.

GT0038

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT/sold :(
When I installed my kit it said lube "may" be required, so I did not take any chances. I guess you like living on the edge and went with the no lube. Maybe stick it in the refrigerator so the metal cools down and then try again. :shrug:

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I have made a few corrections to this statement. I will consider your offer however I have little faith in Steeda at this point. And yes as I had already stated I was heated when I called. I was not happy and took some of that frustration out in a not constructive manor.
I don't have time to banter with you. If you want a streamlined resolution, give me a call. Losing faith in us due to a self-install error? :shrug:

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
You sound like the kind of customer that would go to Starbucks and order some super complicated drink and then bitch that theres a tiny bit of room at the top of your latte and then when the Barista offers to remake it for you you bitch some more and then walk out without even letting them help you.

Dude, these guys are bending over backwards to help you (which they don't have to, but they want to give great service, so they get repeat business) and you proceed to berate and insult their salespeople, and then when they offer to help you you don't even accept the help! Hell, if it were my business, i wouldve washed my hands clean of the situation and let it be. Just take their help and get on with life, and stop complaining.

Sponsored
OP
OP

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
I don't have time to banter with you. If you want a streamlined resolution, give me a call. Losing faith in us due to a self-install error? :shrug:
Snide little answers like this are exactly why I dont have faith in you as a company. And stating facts is not banter.

Status
Not open for further replies.