Why I will not do business ever again with Steeda

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
I am only going to state facts and let everyone know what ive been though the last week trying to buy and get and install the steeda cold air intake ...

Steeda ProFlow Mustang Cold Air Intake - Tune Required (15-16 GT) ordered 03/16/2016, 02:50 PM and received Fri 3/18/2016 11:36 am

Steeda S550 ProFlow CAI Restrictor, No tune required (15-16 GT) ordered 03/18/2016, 07:59 PM and received today 3/25/16

First issue is I noticed by Tuesday tracking info for the restriction piece was showing no data on USPS. I called Steeda and the rep assured me it had gone out Monday and should be delivered by Wednesday. So I waited until Wednesday morning and checked the tracking. Still no tracking data at all.

I called Steeda back around 0900 and was assured a second time the part was sent out Monday and should be there that day. To wait a few hours and check the tracking data again. I waited till that afternoon and still no tracking data.

Called back a third time and was placed on hold until the rep came back and stated the part was never sent in the first place because USPS had a full truck on Tuesday and could not take it. Even though I was told twice it was sent out on Monday. Rep stated it would be sent out that day Wednesday.

Today the Restrictor tube arrived. I went to insert the piece and noticed it was somewhat of a snug fit however assumed this was normal. There was no instruction sheet stating there needed to be any sort of lubrication. The piece continued to go in until such a point it is now stuck.

I called Steeda, and not in the best of moods so I was not exactly agreeable however I did not curse (that i can remember) or excessively raise my voice. I was basically given the run around and pointed to the instruction for the CAI that stated the restrictor piece MAY (NOT REQUIRED) have lube applied to help. I insisted I am not willing to try and remove it due to damaging the piece further and was told even if I did it would not effect performance. This is not an acceptable answer to me for something I paid $400 for. Not to mention being a prior Steeda customer.

I fear trying to remove it any further will result in damage. I have already managed to accidentally make a few marks trying. Both on the restrictor and maf housing at the filter end, inside. I am worried this will effect the MAF reading so in all I am left with a $400 CAI I cannot use.

Steeda has basically given me the run around and tried to imply several times during my call that it was MY fault for not using lube on the orings. Even going so far as to say it was my fault for not buying the no tune version because that comes pre-assembled.

Was it the smartest thing ever for me to not use any lube? I dont know as I was only going off the fact the instructions only had a small side note saying *MAY* want to add some. Not that I needed to for installation. That it would be so tight it would get stuck. Here is the excerpt:

"Note: It may help to add
light lubrication to the o-rings, before installing into the mass
air flow sensor housing."

After being lied to twice and now this poor customer service I am done with Steeda.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Well, there sounds like some misunderstanding with shipping.
As for installation, maybe try some WD40 see if you can slide it out?

OP
OP

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
Well, there sounds like some misunderstanding with shipping.
As for installation, maybe try some WD40 see if you can slide it out?
A misunderstanding is or delay is them telling me so. Telling me it has been shipped without even checking is a lie.

As for using WD40 I will try however with it already being dinged up a bit I have NO confidence in this product now. Not to mention the fact it seems like a bad idea of having an excessive amount of oil/lub near the maf sensor and/or being sucked into the intake after install.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
you have to stick a finger in there and loosen it up a little before you even try any lube.....

no wait...that is something else.

Sorry...couldn't resist.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
you have to stick a finger in there and loosen it up a little before you even try any lube.....

Sorry...couldn't resist.
:lol:

Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
So your mad at them cause you didnt use any lube like it says? And it sucks about the shippinhlg.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact

Sorry...couldn't resist.
lol I wish it worked that way. When I say this thing is stuck its stuck. Being made of aluminum and all its seriously easy to mess it up.

So your mad at them cause you didnt use any lube like it says? And it sucks about the shippinhlg.

^Nice ninja edit btw. I messed up on quoting you so I dont have the original quote.

Are you a potato? Or just a shill? Since when is it ok for a company to straight up lie to your face about something. Its not about how long I waited. I was even going to let all that go because in the end I received it. But now im left with a $400 paper weight.

And since when does MAY = Require? Or even if they had stated it is highly recommended to lubricate I would have.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Did you contact David from Steeda on this forum? He is very helpful.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I'm positive if you talk to David he will get you squared away. It sucks you had a bad experience but it happens to even the best of companies give them a chance to correct it and I'm sure you will be happy.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
i didn't use any lubrication, and yes it was a tight fit. i used a soft mallet and did just fine.

Sponsored
OP
OP

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
Did you contact David from Steeda on this forum? He is very helpful.

I'm positive if you talk to David he will get you squared away. It sucks you had a bad experience but it happens to even the best of companies give them a chance to correct it and I'm sure you will be happy.
I already contacted them to give them a chance to help out. All that happened was I was in not so many words told it was my fault. There is a lot I am leaving out as far as words exchanged because it was somewhat of a heated convo. And Im not going to throw someone under the bus when dealing with someone not so happy.

But long story short I am done with reaching out to Steeda for help. If they want to contact me to make it right then fine. If not $400 lesson learned. I will take it as a message from God to not mod the car.

Crazy Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Race Red
I ain't gonna say it................

OP
OP

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
i didn't use any lubrication, and yes it was a tight fit. i used a soft mallet and did just fine.
Yeah it started off as just somewhat tight. I kept going thinking it was meant to be. but now its so far in it would be just about impossible to get it out to retry without seriously messing it up. Like I stated I have already nicked it in a few places trying.

Wont go all the way in, and too far in to get out.

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
This is going about the same as any of these threads go and it was double posted in two sub forums. Like I said in the other thread, PM David, it will get resolved. If you've stuck your heels in the mud then you won't get much of anywhere or get satisfaction.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.